Chris Henry in serious condition after car accident* (updated)

Got_Wood

I'd echo others that a good chunk of this thread is in extremely poor taste. It's one thing to carelessly speculate and sling mud before any solid facts come out (we're all guilty of that from time to time), but to do it on the day of his death?

Grow up.

Just this contained portion of a Buffalo Bills fan board shows me how far we've fallen as decent human beings. This prevailing disregard for any human life is why society is what it is. So sad the maturity level of some people on the board...three children lost a father but hey, let's use this as an opportunity to a) make fun of the guy's intelligence and reputation and even make remarks about their widowed mother too from her MySpace page!

Some of you make me sick.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you missed where I cited USA today as the reference. And yes

i do believe in second chances, and it appears by ALL accounts of PEOPLE WHO WERE CLOSE TO HIM, that he had made the most of it this time. Its an unfortunate turn of events, for a guy that was trying to get things right.

No link = reference does not exist

My point being, you have no idea exactly what happened and neither do any of the rest of us. Why would his fiancee be driving away from him at high speed? Why did a 911 caller say there was a black man in the back of the truck beating on the back window "possibly trying to smash it in." Doesn't sound to me like Chrissy boy was all that saintly in this situation.

I feel bad for the young man, his family and especially his fiancee and his kids. Life is all about choices, the kid made one too many bad ones and it cost him big.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/12/17/cr...ry5991673.shtml

CBS affiliate WBTV reports that the tapes, from Dec. 16, include two calls. The first is an unidentified woman calmly telling the operator that she is driving behind a yellow truck with "a black man on it with no shirt on, and he's got his arm in a cast and black pants on," she told a dispatcher.

"He's beating on the back of this truck window... I don't know if he's trying to break in or something. It just looks crazy. It's a girl driving it." She then says that the truck turned off of the street she was driving on and that she did not follow it.

Just this contained portion of a Buffalo Bills fan board shows me how far we've fallen as decent human beings. This prevailing disregard for any human life is why society is what it is. So sad the maturity level of some people on the board...three children lost a father but hey, let's use this as an opportunity to a) make fun of the guy's intelligence and reputation and even make remarks about their widowed mother too from her MySpace page!

Some of you make me sick.

Scarier than anyone on this board or even Henry himself is that she is a mother. Now I really feel for the kids.

Three children lost their father

A woman lost her fiance

A man died an early death

And all you people can do is judge, criticize, and (worst of all) laugh

Merry Christmas.

R.I.P. Chris

I always thought he could turn it around personally and professionally. I think he was in the process of doing that. It's sad a setback like this took his life.

Thoughts and prayers out to his family and friends.

Three children lost their father-Sad yes. It appears that she is pretty dumb so it makes it worse that she is the mother

A woman lost her fiance- Yeah, but what the hell is she doing driving the truck fast enough for him to get hurt? Didn't it cross her mind to slow down and stop?

A man died an early death-WTF is he doing in the back of a pick up driven by a women that is pissed?

And all you people can do is judge, criticize, and (worst of all) laugh

Merry Christmas.

Just friggen dumb. I don't find it funny, but it really appears that it was all self inflicted. I would feel sorry for him/them if he got sick with cancer, heart attack or whatever that is out of personal control. This guy was constantly in trouble. She doesn't sound much better. At least going by her MySpace page.

Just friggen dumb. I don't find it funny, but it really appears that it was all self inflicted. I would feel sorry for him/them if he got sick with cancer, heart attack or whatever that is out of personal control. This guy was constantly in trouble. She doesn't sound much better. At least going by her MySpace page.

Tragedy caused by stupidity is tragedy nonetheless. I've done dumb sh*t that could've gotten me killed, but I like to think folks wouldn't be smack-talking at me from beyond the grave.

Yes - that "just starting to turn his life around" stuff is common - I see it all the time when somebody dies while perpratating yet another crime.

As to 5 arrests (somebody here referred to him as a major criminal or some such), I wish that that were the criterion for being called a major offender. Here in Cincy - the same in cities across the nation - folks commit unspeakable crimes, and have an arrest record, often violent, numbering in the 20's, 30's, 40's etc.

We here have one of those "Crimestopper" programs like many localities do - a police officer talks on the morning radio about this or that one, and chronically, they have these extensive records.

Henry's criminal record wouldn't merit a single blip on the so-called "radar".

I agree with you. Chris Henry was more of a wannabe thug. The majority of his offenses were alcohol and drug related, with a few fights mixed in. His worst was an aggravated assault with a firearm and concealed weapons charges in Orlando 2006.

I'm not happy the guy died but he certainly wasn't a good person. It is too bad for his loved ones, because even bad guys have families.

As far as the accident is concerned, does anyone think it's possible she killed him on purpose? The accident itself seems so implausible. It's so early that facts still are unclear. The guy jumps in the back, she speeds off in a fit. Hits the brakes and he slams into the back of the cab. The guy jumps out shaken up and scared and she runs him down? The whole thing just seems kinda unlikely for him to just fall out.

I love how all these talking heads are describing Henry's legal troubles as "adversity" or "challenges".

They are just following the dead celebrity rulebook. All past assaults, DUIs, wife beatings, child molestations, etc. are immediately forgotten when someone famous dies.

i guess i'll reserve judgment on all of this until the truth comes out, but i'll tell ya what...if he was trying to beat his way through that rear window to attack her, i'm glad he's dead. wifebeating is some godawful cowardly !@#$ed up **** and i have no sympathy for someone who screws up up and gets themselves killed while committing it.

i guess i'll reserve judgment on all of this until the truth comes out, but i'll tell ya what...if he was trying to beat his way through that rear window to attack her, i'm glad he's dead. wifebeating is some godawful cowardly !@#$ed up **** and i have no sympathy for someone who screws up up and gets themselves killed while committing it.

But maybe she just wouldn't listen.

As far as the accident is concerned, does anyone think it's possible she killed him on purpose? The accident itself seems so implausible. It's so early that facts still are unclear. The guy jumps in the back, she speeds off in a fit. Hits the brakes and he slams into the back of the cab. The guy jumps out shaken up and scared and she runs him down? The whole thing just seems kinda unlikely for him to just fall out.

If the truck was going over 30mph and he was standing up, even a swerve would have sent him flying out of the pickup bed at a dangerous velocity... perhaps headfirst.