Anybody follow this douche bag? The barefoot bandit

Beerball

Link

For almost two years 18-year-old Colton Harris-Moore has been on the run, living wild in the woods around Seattle, breaking into houses, stealing planes and cars – always barefoot. So why has the FBI not been able to catch him?

For the last 20 months he has been on the run, hiding out no one quite knows where, but many suspect deep in the woods that carpet this wild region. Wanted posters bearing his face have been scattered around the island where he grew up in Puget Sound, about 50km north of Seattle, where he has committed many of the more than 50 burglaries that are held against him. He has had Swat teams and sniffer dogs, as well as helicopters equipped with infrared heat sensors, on his trail. Aviation and port authorities have entered the hunt after he was alleged to have stolen and flown three planes – despite never having had a day's pilot training – and two boats. The FBI has waded in too, as a result of the cross-state and international crime spree he unleashed.

Told of this alleged third theft of a plane, Harris-Moore's mother Pam Kohler said: "I'm proud of him. I was going to send him to flight school, but I guess I don't have to." And she had this deeply moralistic advice for her fugitive son: "Next time, wear a parachute and practise your landing!"

He's caused thousands of dollars in property damage, wouldn't call myself a fan. There's a whole facebook group that is full of people that supposedly support him. Personally, I'm just waiting until he does something really stupid that allows officers to shoot him on sight.

If he was just breaking into people's houses and stealing stuff for money, I'd say he was a douchebag. But running around barefoot and teaching himself to fly by stealing airplanes? That's pretty galdanged funny.

I don't know that destroying 3 planes on landing is teaching yourself to fly, more like how to survive a crash. Maybe 20 planes and $2,000,000 in damage later he might pull one off.