Colts QB Signing

Chas

This has been covered in numerous threads. Drew Willy was signed to their Practice squad. They did not replace Sorgi on the active roster with a QB (they added an OL instead). They are going with 2 QBs (Manning and Painter) on the active roster for now.

I would bet that they will sign a QB to the active roster in the next week or so.

This has been covered in numerous threads. Drew Willy was signed to their Practice squad. They did not replace Sorgi on the active roster with a QB (they added an OL instead). They are going with 2 QBs (Manning and Painter) on the active roster for now.

I would bet that they will sign a QB to the active roster in the next week or so.

I usually avoid the numerous JP threads so please forgive my gaffe.

Or JP is not eligible for the practice squad which is where Drew Willy was signed.

Jesus, people on this board for complete idiots.

Yeah, really---if only JP was a few years younger, he would definitely be on that practice squad!

JPL----"practice squad ineligible". "PSI"!

That perfectly sums up this guys NFL career.

First John McCargo now Drew Willy. The game must be passing Bill Polian by.

Does anyone doubt McCargo would be a good player right now, had he passed that Colts phsyical? That was really too bad for him he had a moment where his career could have been salvaged. Instead, back to DJ the career killa.

Not so sure about that, Maddog. If they are concerned with having an experienced, NFL-ready quarterback to play if Manning got injured, why would they wait a week or two? It seems they would want to sign someone immediately to get them up to speed on the system they have. Maybe you're right and they continue to tryout other quarterbacks but it doesn't look that way to me.

Does anyone doubt McCargo would be a good player right now, had he passed that Colts phsyical? That was really too bad for him he had a moment where his career could have been salvaged. Instead, back to DJ the career killa.

Yeah, I doubt it very much. The Colts play the same defensive system as the Bills. If McCargo had anything, we'd have seen it by now. I don't think McCargo's career has been "killed" by playing for Jauron. I chalk up his lack of success as being another draft mistake by this organization. Has it occurred to you that McCargo is simply not a good player? I doubt very much that he would have thrived on the Colts. Just my opinion.

Guest dog14787
Not so sure about that, Maddog. If they are concerned with having an experienced, NFL-ready quarterback to play if Manning got injured, why would they wait a week or two? It seems they would want to sign someone immediately to get them up to speed on the system they have. Maybe you're right and they continue to tryout other quarterbacks but it doesn't look that way to me.

Yeah, I doubt it very much. The Colts play the same defensive system as the Bills. If McCargo had anything, we'd have seen it by now. I don't think McCargo's career has been "killed" by playing for Jauron. I chalk up his lack of success as being another draft mistake by this organization. Has it occurred to you that McCargo is simply not a good player? I doubt very much that he would have thrived on the Colts. Just my opinion.

You make a good point, Its very possible the Colts will make another roster move which will involve the QB position.

We can say with good reason the same about Roscoe can't we?