Ice Often Speaks The Truth

BenchBledsoe

I haven't gotten into the back and forth bickering which can best be titled "Ice vs. The Die Hards"

I am a huge Bills fan and will always cheer for them. I DO want sell outs. The more Ralph makes, the better. He might be able to afford or want to spend some more in free agency. It may also help this market hold this team at the time of RW's passing. (Which IS very much up in the air. . . they won't just stay put because ICE says so)

I believe strongly Ralph wants to win the Superbowl before he dies. This may not have been his agenda yrs. ago, but it clearly is now. His bitching a few weeks ago about "smashmouth football" showed he wants to win, and now.

BUT, Ice has many points I do subscribe to. While I am a huge fan, I am extremely frustrated with the lack of success in the last 4 yrs. There needs to be some real improvement and changes in the near future. We cannot blindly just root for a losing product, year after year. I also agree that some of the "problems" will be cured when we get a QB playing that is not such a handicap.

I do see some light at the of the tunnel with JP, Willis, and Evans as possibly our poor-man's version of a Big 3. And I agree that TD must either win soon or it's time for him to go. His drafts have been highly questionable. (I still smart over the Mike Williams pick. I never liked it, just hoped for the best. Unfortunately, he isn't near as good as anticipated. I always liked Roy Williams at that spot.)

What I'm saying is that you can be a fan and be disgusted with the team, some of it's players, the front office decisions, and yes. . . even disgusted with some of the other fans' opinions. We do know ICE still roots for them and cares about them. He wouldn't be on this board otherwise. . .

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gotten into the back and forth bickering which can best be titled "Ice vs. The Die Hards"

I am a huge Bills fan and will always cheer for them. I DO want sell outs. The more Ralph makes, the better. He might be able to afford or want to spend some more in free agency. It may also help this market hold this team at the time of RW's passing. (Which IS very much up in the air. . . they won't just stay put because ICE says so)

I believe strongly Ralph wants to win the Superbowl before he dies. This may not have been his agenda yrs. ago, but it clearly is now. His bitching a few weeks ago about "smashmouth football" showed he wants to win, and now.

BUT, Ice has many points I do subscribe to. While I am a huge fan, I am extremely frustrated with the lack of success in the last 4 yrs. There needs to be some real improvement and changes in the near future. We cannot blindly just root for a losing product, year after year. I also agree that some of the "problems" will be cured when we get a QB playing that is not such a handicap.

I do see some light at the of the tunnel with JP, Willis, and Evans as possibly our poor-man's version of a Big 3. And I agree that TD must either win soon or it's time for him to go. His drafts have been highly questionable. (I still smart over the Mike Williams pick. I never liked it, just hoped for the best. Unfortunately, he isn't near as good as anticipated. I always liked Roy Williams at that spot.)

What I'm saying is that you can be a fan and be disgusted with the team, some of it's players, the front office decisions, and yes. . . even disgusted with some of the other fans' opinions. We do know ICE still roots for them and cares about them. He wouldn't be on this board otherwise. . .

124263[/snapback]

The problem is with ICE himself. He has taken every position possible on more than a fair number of issues that credibilty questions arise. Has he made more than a few good points? Sure he's taken almost every side of every issue and with his number of posts, he's bound to have pecked out some good ones.

What is really the sad, is that he he quite frequently rebutts those who disagree with him by resorting to very unbecoming, profanity ridden, abusive, name calling.

Much talk around here revolves around "taking it to the next level". Maybe we all could do the same for ourselves and not support those who wish to lower the bar so to speak.

The problem is with ICE himself. He has taken every position possible on more than a fair number of issues that credibilty questions arise. Has he made more than a few good points? Sure he's taken almost every side of every issue and with his number of posts, he's bound to have pecked out some good ones.

What is really the sad, is that he he quite frequently rebutts those who disagree with him by resorting to very unbecoming, profanity ridden, abusive,  name calling.

Much talk around here revolves around "taking it to the next level". Maybe we all could do the same for ourselves and not support those who wish to lower the bar so to speak.

124297[/snapback]

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

What is really the sad, is that he he quite frequently rebutts those who disagree with him by resorting to very unbecoming, profanity ridden, abusive,  name calling.

124297[/snapback]

Post of the year.

124297[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it any better myself. AMEN

I don't disagree with all of ICE's posts, I do think that when you do disagree with him, he does resort to uncalled for name calling which is absolutely childish in this forum. This is a message board where you are allowed to state your opinion and shouldn't have anyone resort to abusive name calling just because they disagree with you.

I'll second the notion for post of the year!!

124263[/snapback]

<_<:devil::devil:

124297[/snapback]

But, but, but.......he's cute. <_<

124297[/snapback]

Understand this, I really don't give a stevestojan what you or anyone else on some Bills message board thinks. You would think after YEARS you might get that. I come here to post about the Bills just like the rest and that's it.

Credibility issues on TBD? WHO CARES? My God it's laughable. Who cares? Do you guys make me MONEY? Then it doesn't matter.

Now as for as 'lowering the bar' I am not the one staying around a stevestojan ridden city, that is in hands down one of the most taxed counties in the US (If not THE most taxed county) Throwing thousands of dollars each year at a Old fart Mulitmillionare just to go get stevestojan faced.

Now I will admit I have met some really good folks on this board and glad I did and I will leave it at that.

Guest billsnfl2004

Ice posts for Ice only isn"t he special I for one think Ice is full of Ice only he bitches about everything and then claims he does not care go away Ice you whinney little B word move to Miami call radio 560 you will fit in well

Understand this, I really don't give a stevestojan what you or anyone else on some Bills message board thinks.

124359[/snapback]

and the sooner we all realize this...the happier we all will be! :devil:

personally, i'm in awe of the man...not necessarily because of his football wisdom, but because he has somehow managed to turn every his comment into some larger-than-life emotional issue for many who frequent this place. if i am not on this board for (god forbid) 8-12 hrs, it never fails...when i do log on the first thing i will see is an ICE post, followed by 57 replies. HOW DOES HE DO IT!? <_<

that, my friends, is a GIFT. ICE, i and my fellow threadkillers (you know who you are) are duly impressed. B)

personally, i'm in awe of the man...not necessarily because of his football wisdom, but because he has somehow managed to turn every his comment into some larger-than-life emotional issue for many who frequent this place.  if i am not on this board for (god forbid) 8-12 hrs, it never fails...when i do log on the first thing i will see is an ICE post, followed by 57 replies.  HOW DOES HE DO IT!? <_<

124412[/snapback]

He's like ex-lax for a message board. Take two tablets of ICE, and the stevestojan starts flowing again...

:devil:

Hey Jester, I can relate with you about being a threadkiller.

Ice seems to be able to turn a topic on bears crapping in the woods in to at least a 25 post thread.

It's unreal. He's by far the most read poster on here even if people say they hate him. He gets a response out of people.