so much for that 2-4 inch snowstorm

mead107

I get to try out my new snow blower today, if I can dig it out?

They are fun - man against nature, etc. :thumbsup:

I bought an electric 22" wide (something like that) Toro two years ago. Sufficient for the Cincy area and my property.

It does a nice job, but like many single-stage devices, it can fling debris fast and hard. Never point 'em at people or vehicles.

8 inches and still coming down. Took an hour to come home this morning, normal 20 min. drive.

Where is Charlton NY. I ask because we have not got nothing in buffalo as of yet, there is nothing even on the ground. I am sure we will get it later today. Maybe it will stay down in ski country.

They are fun - man against nature, etc. :thumbsup:

I bought an electric 22" wide (something like that) Toro two years ago. Sufficient for the Cincy area and my property.

It does a nice job, but like many single-stage devices, it can fling debris fast and hard. Never point 'em at people or vehicles.

Good advise.....I also have a rule at my house, when I am using the lawn mower or the snow blower, kids are inside the house always, you never know!(5 and a 7 year old) My new snow blower has heated handles and steering it is like playing a video game.

Good advise.....I also have a rule at my house, when I am using the lawn mower or the snow blower, kids are inside the house always, you never know!(5 and a 7 year old) My new snow blower has heated handles and steering it is like playing a video game.

Yes - my (hilly) immediate neighborhood has a combination of sunken driveways and houses with elevated front lawns, both with retaining walls.

I cringe, watching these young husbands mowing and string trimming while their kids play outside. There was a death 2 years ago in the Cincy area - a lawn mower flung a piece of metal debris and hit a child in the temple. How sad...

Heated handles...woooo! :thumbsup:

Where is Charlton NY. I ask because we have not got nothing in buffalo as of yet, there is nothing even on the ground. I am sure we will get it later today. Maybe it will stay down in ski country.

20 miles north west of Albany

they should ban lawnmowers

Yes - my (hilly) immediate neighborhood has a combination of sunken driveways and houses with elevated front lawns, both with retaining walls.

I cringe, watching these young husbands mowing and string trimming while their kids play outside. There was a death 2 years ago in the Cincy area - a lawn mower flung a piece of metal debris and hit a child in the temple. How sad...

Heated handles...woooo! :thumbsup:

The first thing my dad showed me when we got our 15HP JD 2-stage snow blower was what not to do. Took a broom handle and shoved it down in the chute. About 10 sec later half the handle was gone. Ol man said this is what you do not want to do - lesson learned immediately.

The first thing my dad showed me when we got our 15HP JD 2-stage snow blower was what not to do. Took a broom handle and shoved it down in the chute. About 10 sec later half the handle was gone. Ol man said this is what you do not want to do - lesson learned immediately.

I did something similar with my son but it involved a car door and his fingers. :censored:

Heated handles and steering? You wuss!

Get a real snowblower, Gas powered and one you have to muscle around to turn, thats a real snowblower! Does yours have a seat and a place to rest your fruity drink? Lol, I kid, I get to use an old Craftsman 8hp Gas Blower from the 80's that still runs great that I use to plow my grandmothersdriveway, then my moms, and some neighbors driveways. If I can make some decent ramps to get it in the back of my truck, I can use it at my house on my driveway

Who said it was going to be light... I have been predicting heavy snow for almost a week now.

The thing that changed for me in NorthEast IL and NorthWest IN is that a little warmer air got to us early, or should I say: stayed longer (they predicted colder and more snow)... THIS spells more disaster further east since the colder air can push farther south more eastward.

And mead107: You live in Charlton, NY you should have been prepared for this. :ph34r::death:

Get a real snowblower, Gas powered and one you have to muscle around to turn, thats a real snowblower! Does yours have a seat and a place to rest your fruity drink? Lol, I kid, I get to use an old Craftsman 8hp Gas Blower from the 80's that still runs great that I use to plow my grandmothersdriveway, then my moms, and some neighbors driveways. If I can make some decent ramps to get it in the back of my truck, I can use it at my house on my driveway

I have one that my father-in-law just gave me... It is a big Toro 2-stage from about 25 years ago... Toro 521, circa 1985 or so. Still runs like a nice... The electric start works, the cord seems to have to be rewound and the carb may have to be adjusted. I don't know what to do with it since we olny get about 40 inches a snow here a year... Hogs too much of the garage. I just shovel, better exercise.

The only thing is, it is so big, I would not know how to get rid of it and the local places would not take as much for it than if I sold it individually still living in a snow-belt region. :death:

But, I have it... If anybody is passing through Illinois with a truck and wants it cheaply they can have it... It has a classic BFLO Sabres sticker on it, it will make anyone fell at "home." :ph34r: If I do get a another it will be just a small to medium sized thrower.

It looks better than this one, but just like it: Again the cord has to be re-wound, but has an electric start!

This one they want 375! I would take much, much less:

Toro 521 in Minny

I know, as I get older I have been getting things with little conveniences. The heated grips are really nice though. It doesn't have any place for my flask, but that's why I wear a jacket.