Marv Levy STILL wants to coach again?

Chuckknox

Are there any other old coaches that will come out of retirement for some $$ and a chance to prove they can still coach? A lot of the best coaches, never really made any $$. I am sure some of them can still coach.

Where did you get this from? Link?

there is no link. He is ASKING questions. not providing info.

There was speculation that Levy wanted the coaching job because of his repsonse to a reporter's question back when he was made GM. But he never stated it. It was just people reading between the lines and making guesses.

The thing is, the NFL has changed so much that it would be stupid to bring in a coach that hasn't coached in over a decade. The coach himself would be rusty as hell and that will just make all the players play even worse.

Guest dog14787
Are there any other old coaches that will come out of retirement for some $$ and a chance to prove they can still coach? A lot of the best coaches, never really made any $$. I am sure some of them can still coach.

I asked Thurman Thomas what he thought about Levy coaching again on twitter a couple of days ago, his answer was short and to the point, "NO" was his reply

Thurman probably just doesn't want to take no part in killing the old goat, but Marv Levy comes very well qualified to be a HC again for the Buffalo Bills in my opinion.

10 million a year and part ownership, its a good way to go Marv...

there is no link. He is ASKING questions. not providing info.

There was speculation that Levy wanted the coaching job because of his repsonse to a reporter's question back when he was made GM. But he never stated it. It was just people reading between the lines and making guesses.

The thing is, the NFL has changed so much that it would be stupid to bring in a coach that hasn't coached in over a decade. The coach himself would be rusty as hell and that will just make all the players play even worse.

Exactly. Plus what other teams are doing now on both sides of the ball has changed a lot. I'm sure a guy like Levy could still motivate, but preparation would be a major issue.

Let's get back to reality here. On opening day next season, Marv will be 85 years old. If he was the HC, he would break the all time record for oldest HC in the NFL by more than 10 years. Being an NFL HC is an extremely demanding job. During the season, 70-80 hour work weeks are pretty much standard. I would be very surprised if Marv was even the slightest bit serious about coaching again.

Joe Gibbs tried it and we beat him after he called two timeouts in a row... and Joe Gibbs WON a super bowl.

The league changes at such a fast pace. It is very hard now a days to leave and return. I'd rather pay the big bucks to the hybrid role of coach GM.

One thing that I've also noticed with resurgent teams.

Green Bay - D coach Dom Capers

Denver - D coach Mike Nolan

Saints - D coach Greg Williams

We need to bring in someone that will bring in better coordinators as well.

I asked Thurman Thomas what he thought about Levy coaching again on twitter a couple of days ago, his answer was short and to the point, "NO" was his reply

Thurman probably just doesn't want to take no part in killing the old goat, but Marv Levy comes very well qualified to be a HC again for the Buffalo Bills in my opinion.

Marv couldn't coach worth a damn when they went to the Super Bowls - and now the game has completely passed him by

Bills fans are complete maroons

lol lol lol lol

now i know you're officially a gimmick poster. dumbest post ive ever read.

Guest dog14787
lol lol lol lol

now i know you're officially a gimmick poster. dumbest post ive ever read.

:thumbsup: whats my gimmick, bringing dumber then dumb posts out of the woodwork like yours.

You can't be serious. It is a shame he is in the HOF and Andre won't be. He was terribly outclassed in the Superbowls. Character without talent gets you Dick Jauron and Ryan Denney. Marv's time as GM set the franchise back three years.

I say let's go big and bring Vince Lombardi back!

Guest dog14787
exactly, he couldnt win a sb with roster of hall of famers, f^%^ levy

Superbowl, Good Grief, how about a friggin playoff game for starters. :thumbsup:

Bills fans are unbelievable!! I posted before that the Bills won't ever get to the playoffs until Jim Kelly's ghost appears. Maybe I should add Marv and Thurman and Andre and the list goes on. QUIT CLINGING TO THE PAST!! MOVE ON!! Its no wonder there are only 300,000 of you left in Buffalo!! No one has anything better to do than sit at home and trash every player that the Bills have ever drafted since the 90s and compare everybody to past players. Haven't any of you figured out that it has been so long since the Bills were contenders that the current players don't have a clue who you are talking about when you mention all those names. Edwards was right when he said he was not a Bills fans, he was a Bills player. He and the other players are not living in the past with the rest of you. They are trying to win in the present. Leave them alone. Support them. Without the injuries, the poor head coaching, the lousy decisions by the "brass" and the "stupid plays" that Kyle Williams mentioned this week, this current group of players would be competing for a playoff spot right now!! Let them play.- And Edwards is the future of the Bills so watch out that he doesn't get traded to a team that appreciates his talents and comes back to haunt the Bills for years.

Bills fans are unbelievable!! I posted before that the Bills won't ever get to the playoffs until Jim Kelly's ghost appears. Maybe I should add Marv and Thurman and Andre and the list goes on. QUIT CLINGING TO THE PAST!! MOVE ON!! Its no wonder there are only 300,000 of you left in Buffalo!! No one has anything better to do than sit at home and trash every player that the Bills have ever drafted since the 90s and compare everybody to past players. Haven't any of you figured out that it has been so long since the Bills were contenders that the current players don't have a clue who you are talking about when you mention all those names. Edwards was right when he said he was not a Bills fans, he was a Bills player. He and the other players are not living in the past with the rest of you. They are trying to win in the present. Leave them alone. Support them. Without the injuries, the poor head coaching, the lousy decisions by the "brass" and the "stupid plays" that Kyle Williams mentioned this week, this current group of players would be competing for a playoff spot right now!! Let them play.- And Edwards is the future of the Bills so watch out that he doesn't get traded to a team that appreciates his talents and comes back to haunt the Bills for years.

I respect the past. I appreciate the past. At times, I put in the 30th anniversary DVD to watch the old players. I think it is great that the alumni are around and supporting the team. I wish that is was less talk, more action, but at least the foot is in the door.

I agree with this post, minus the Edwards bit. Trent quit on us. Trent will be gone. Once he quit, he lost my support. If you quit once, you'll quit again.

This team could have contended for playoffs, and were close. We have a lot of positives, I know that few agree. We can spend hours arguing that there is a better player or players at the same position somewhere else. You're right. There are better RBs than Lynch, better Safeties than Whitner, better receivers than Evans/TO. Believe it or not, there are better DT's than Stroud (who I like, but don't get his free pass,) the list goes on. The fact of the matter is that there were better players at almost every position in our glory years as well, with the posible exceptions of Bruce, and in my opinion Kelly.

The truth is coaching has a lot more to do with it than fans seem to care to admit, and the talent is'nt about every player being the top at his position...it's about the team playing well together, and finding ways to win. Period.

We can spend $10 mil per on a coach, but that doesn't solve the problem. We need to not have practice squad level talent on the OL and at LB. Schobel and Kelsay should be replaced with physical players. OL, DL, LB, and obviously QB. We spend some $, which we have the ability and willingness (?) to do.

Want to continue to hate, hate. I hope you get a crow-sandwich. Obviously not a guarantee, but I hope, because I am a fan. I want the team to succeed. It is a lot more fun talking about a good team. The negativity seems to be fashionable. Good luck with that.