play brohm now

I say give the kid some playing time. See how he handles some pressure. You know hes going to be under a lot of pressure whether he plays this year or next. If he does well, give him significant time the last two or the last game. This season is down the toilet anyways.

Why wait until next year to roll the dice. Lets see what he can do....now.

This will help us plan for next year as well. We need to know who we can count on.

If he plays what you will see isn't what he can do.

If he plays you will see what he can do without knowing the system very well.

Huge difference there. He won't be on the same page as the WRs. He won't be able to audible out of bad plays. He won't know where the WRs are supposed to be. He will be seriously handicapped.

If he plays what you will see isn't what he can do.

If he plays you will see what he can do without knowing the system very well.

Huge difference there. He won't be on the same page as the WRs. He won't be able to audible out of bad plays. He won't know where the WRs are supposed to be. He will be seriously handicapped.

Our offense is so basic right now I bet he can handle it. His college offense was mopre sophisticated at Luoisville from what i rememeber.

Our offense is so basic right now I bet he can handle it. His college offense was mopre sophisticated at Luoisville from what i rememeber.

I'm sure he can, but that's not the issue. With the decimated OL and opposing defenses covering TO & Evans like a blanket, he's bound to struggle.

I'm sure he can, but that's not the issue. With the decimated OL and opposing defenses covering TO & Evans like a blanket, he's bound to struggle.

With our season rendered pointless, its imperative that we look forward. There's a reason why they cut Hamdan and signed Brohm in the first place. Give the kid some playing time now is all I'm saying. They're going to try him out next season anyway. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I don't think there is a better time to start developing him.

Trent's on his way out and Fitzy is just filling in. Let's give Brohm some playing time. At least we'll know whether to sign a QB off FA or from the draft. Yes yes I know we have a decimated O line. But 7 months does not an awesome O line make. The O line will take a season or more to completely develop. Give Brohm some confidence, assure him he's in our future plans and let's see what he does with some playing time.

Trent's on his way out and Fitzy is just filling in. Let's give Brohm some playing time. At least we'll know whether to sign a QB off FA or from the draft. Yes yes I know we have a decimated O line. But 7 months does not an awesome O line make. The O line will take a season or more to completely develop. Give Brohm some confidence, assure him he's in our future plans and let's see what he does with some playing time.

uhhhh most of this line won't be here next year, or if they are here, they will be back on the practice squad or be 3rd stringers, where they started on the depth chart and where they should stay. If Fewell has any mercy he won't start Brohm and throw him to the wolves, maybe he will play him week 17 when the colts have their backups in, but other than that i don't see it happening. Remember, Fewell is auditioning for a HC position right now, or at the least a DC position somewhere else because who ever the next HC is will be bringing in an entirely new staff.

brohm has a $2 mil salary this year.

fitzpatrick makes $932K

edwards makes $624K

let's see if brohm is twice to four times as good as fitzpatrick or edwards.

We signed a guy off of a practice squad to a 2 million dollar salary???

link?

With our season rendered pointless, its imperative that we look forward. There's a reason why they cut Hamdan and signed Brohm in the first place. Give the kid some playing time now is all I'm saying. They're going to try him out next season anyway. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I don't think there is a better time to start developing him.

I don't disagree, but my point is that it may not help his case. If he starts and gets hammered, it could give everyone the perception that he doesn't have it, either. When I say "everyone", that includes people on this board, the media, and other coaches around football (those who may be coaching in Buffalo next season).

I'll reiterate that I don't have a problem with starting him, just be careful not to judge from the results too much right now. He may show us something, but if he doesn't, I don't think it should count too much against him.

We signed a guy off of a practice squad to a 2 million dollar salary???

link?

exactly my thoughts.

He probably got a nice signing bonus as a 2nd rounder, but there is no way he is making $2million considering he was cut, signed to a practice squad, then signed off that practice squad by another team to be 3rd string

uhhhh most of this line won't be here next year, or if they are here, they will be back on the practice squad or be 3rd stringers, where they started on the depth chart and where they should stay. If Fewell has any mercy he won't start Brohm and throw him to the wolves, maybe he will play him week 17 when the colts have their backups in, but other than that i don't see it happening. Remember, Fewell is auditioning for a HC position right now, or at the least a DC position somewhere else because who ever the next HC is will be bringing in an entirely new staff.

I get what you mean. You reckon Fewell well just play it safe? Or rather play to keep his job? Makes sense I suppose.

I would love for us to act and get a real GM and new evaluator of personnel in place ASAP. This guy could be the next Jim Kelly or Kelly Holcomb but with John Guy making the decisions my gut says not a QB of the future. I didnt understand the move at all given totaly upheival that should occur in the front office

I assume DJ was hanging onto Hamdan even though most of the rest of OBD didn't see much long term potential in him. Once DJ was gone, OBD went out and got someone with more potential although he will not be ready to play soon, taking a chance that the more talented player is better for the long run. Not taking chances seemed to be the hallmark of DJ, but in any case the future coach would rather have more talent to choose from than less.

I actually think this was a very good move although it is certainly not a high impact one at this point.

brohm has a $2 mil salary this year.

fitzpatrick makes $932K

edwards makes $624K

let's see if brohm is twice to four times as good as fitzpatrick or edwards.

Welcome to twobillsdrive.com established in 1996 and destroying QB's confidence since 1997.

I still remember Parcells talking to the Dallas media about not playing Tony Romo in that particular year early in the season. I am not going to play him until he is ready.