Mardy Gilyard WR Cinci game-breaker

Renaldo McClain LB Bama what we need most

Mark Ingram RB Bama

Mr. Suh DT Nebraska but he'll go first or second

among the ones who can't (better to say, won't be NFL stars, I guess) are:

Brandon Spikes LB Florida

Tim Tebow QB Florida

Colt McCoy QB Texas

Your views? (Hope our next GM was watching yesterday)

great post......i almost never watch college football (not around on saturdays) but yesterday was an exception and i watched specifically because all these guys were going to be in big games......two biggest takeaways from yesterdays games were that pike just gets things done.....he's workmanlike, unflappable and played with a broken arm too.......and tim tebow will never make it in the NFL as a QB......

mccoy also seemed small and able to panic on a regular basis......

again, no college expert, but pike is really looking like what jim kelly wants in a QB....

Have to say I agree...my first time seeing Tebow for any length of time, and the folks wanting to convert him to a TE are making a lot of sense.

McCoy has a cannon...but he didn't handle himself well mentally. He's a maybe...but high bust potential.

Wish I had watched Pike...

Makes Clausen seem like a better choice (and even there, you wonder how much is Clausen, and how much is Golden Tate...)

Agreed! I actually find college football boring overall but have been watching more closely lately especially QBs. Agree with your assessment. You hate to make a decision off of one game but Tebow and McCoy look horrible. Maybe you take them with a third round pick.

Pike and Suh were impressive.

Have to say I agree...my first time seeing Tebow for any length of time, and the folks wanting to convert him to a TE are making a lot of sense.

McCoy has a cannon...but he didn't handle himself well mentally. He's a maybe...but high bust potential.

Wish I had watched Pike...

Makes Clausen seem like a better choice (and even there, you wonder how much is Clausen, and how much is Golden Tate...)

McCoy's arm strength is a big concern. I like Pike, but I am also worried about him because he has been hurt a lot in his college career.

I was at the Pitt Cincy game yesterday, and wow, talk about insanity.

On Pike:

He's got the brains, arm, and guts to play in the NFL, but I'm still not thrilled by his mechanics. He throws off balance A LOT, but hopefully that can be fixed.

For someone who plays in the spread offense, he lets plays develop and finds the best open receiver, not very run and gun. This I think will translate well into him running an NFL offense.

He gets it done. The winning TD pass was a thing of beauty. He fires the ball into some tough spots and lets his receivers make a play. More often than not he puts the ball in a place where ONLY the receiver can make a play.

He's very calm under pressure and in the pocket, but he LOVES throwing on the run.

When he misses, he misses low, and that's a good thing too.

I was at the Pitt Cincy game yesterday, and wow, talk about insanity.

On Pike:

He's got the brains, arm, and guts to play in the NFL, but I'm still not thrilled by his mechanics. He throws off balance A LOT, but hopefully that can be fixed.

For someone who plays in the spread offense, he lets plays develop and finds the best open receiver, not very run and gun. This I think will translate well into him running an NFL offense.

He gets it done. The winning TD pass was a thing of beauty. He fires the ball into some tough spots and lets his receivers make a play. More often than not he puts the ball in a place where ONLY the receiver can make a play.

He's very calm under pressure and in the pocket, but he LOVES throwing on the run.

When he misses, he misses low, and that's a good thing too.

Maybe we should get a positive billboard put up that says: "HEY BRANDON - WE LIKE PIKE."

Something about this kid - he seems to have all the necessary tangibles to be a great QB. Plus unlike the last bunch of QBs we've drafted - HE WINS.

Maybe we should get a positive billboard put up that says: "HEY BRANDON - WE LIKE PIKE."

Something about this kid - he seems to have all the necessary tangibles to be a great QB. Plus unlike the last bunch of QBs we've drafted - HE WINS.

I agree. I think the most important metric for a quarterback if we plan to draft one will be the number of games won or lost with him under center. I've said it before, I want a guy with at least 30 college starts and or least 20 college wins.

for qb I'm liking either Claussen, Locker or Pike. Haven't seen too much of Locker throwing but what I have he seems like a young Big Ben in terms of skill set. Pike kind of reminds me of Jeff Hostetler, at least physically, with more upside. McCoy kind of reminds me of Alex Smith, but who faces higher competition.

Suh is ridiculously impressive.

Tebow will get killed as a QB in the NFL.

for qb I'm liking either Claussen, Locker or Pike. Haven't seen too much of Locker throwing but what I have he seems like a young Big Ben in terms of skill set. Pike kind of reminds me of Jeff Hostetler, at least physically, with more upside. McCoy kind of reminds me of Alex Smith, but who faces higher competition.

Suh is ridiculously impressive.

Tebow will get killed as a QB in the NFL.

None of the draft-eligible QBs I've seen this year merit a number 1 pick, especially Tebow and Bradford. These are third-round talents playing on really good teams. I have not seen the guy from Central Michigan, but from what I've read, he interests me more than any of the more highly touted names. I have not seen Pike play.

None of the draft-eligible QBs I've seen this year merit a number 1 pick, especially Tebow and Bradford. These are third-round talents playing on really good teams. I have not seen the guy from Central Michigan, but from what I've read, he interests me more than any of the more highly touted names. I have not seen Pike play.

I agree, no one merits the first overall - though certainly that doesn't stop teams from taking them there. I do think a fair number are first rounders. Not McCoy or Tebow though. I'm not sure about Bradford.

I agree, no one merits the first overall - though certainly that doesn't stop teams from taking them there. I do think a fair number are first rounders. Not McCoy or Tebow though. I'm not sure about Bradford.

Bradford is for sure a 1st round pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go top 5. You don't see QBs with his level of accuracy come out very often.