What exactly has Moulds done in the past two years

SlamnSam

Exactly that. Moulds is a shell of what he once was. It seems T.O. can still find ways to make things happen, even when he was with the niners. Its too bad that he feels he needs to leave, but dam he does drop a whole lot of balls. Yes, we'd have to replace him, but Moulds is not the "go to guy" he was when it was contract time 4 years ago. I say trade the dude now. When th egoing is tough there is no room for someone who is half-way in. Either your in Eric or carry your a$$ somewhere you think they want (washed-up) you.

Exactly that. Moulds is a shell of what he once was. It seems T.O. can still find ways to make things happen, even when he was with the niners. Its too bad that he feels he needs to leave, but dam he does drop a whole lot of balls.  Yes, we'd have to replace him, but Moulds is not the "go to guy" he was when it was contract time 4 years ago. I say trade the dude now. When th egoing is tough there is no room for someone who is half-way in. Either your in Eric or carry your a$$ somewhere you think they want (washed-up) you.

123945[/snapback]

You know, its unpopular to say so, but I think you're right. At this later stage of his career, I think he has slipped from the level of being an 'elite' WR to just a 'very good' one. The one big thing that has been missing from his game has been his ability to break tackles after the catch. That's the attribute that set him apart and made him a great player, but he seems to have lost that. The rest of his game never was 'great', but merely good. He can still play at a fairly high level, certainly, but I think the days of Eric Moulds being a top flight NFL WR are over.

Terrell Owens plays with Donovan Mcnabb, Marvin Harrison with Payton Manning, Randy Moss plays with Daunte Culpepper, Hines Ward who only has 1 more yard than moulds on 10 more catches and less receiving tds plays with rookie phenom Ben Roethlisberger, Eric Moulds Plays with.... Drew Bledsoe. I rest my case

And yet even with Bledsoe at QB, he's on pace to have almost 100 catches.

I think this actually proves the point being made here. Eric is getting opportunities to be a playmaker. Problem is, he's making very few of them with the relatively large number of chances that he's had. I think age and injuries have robbed him of much of the explosiveness he once had.

Terrell Owens plays with Donovan Mcnabb, Marvin Harrison with Payton Manning, Randy Moss plays with Daunte Culpepper, Hines Ward who only has 1 more yard than moulds on 10 more catches and less receiving tds plays with rookie phenom Ben Roethlisberger, Eric Moulds Plays with.... Drew Bledsoe.  I rest my case

123966[/snapback]

Didnt TO play with Gracia in San Fransisco? T.O. has more or less had a price on his head, and has actually come out and said "stop me if you can". That in itself makes up for any excuse you may want to make for Moulds. Playmakers do exacty that, make a whole bunch out of nothing. Randy Moss + Randle Cunningham. Rest that case.

Exactly that. Moulds is a shell of what he once was. It seems T.O. can still find ways to make things happen, even when he was with the niners. Its too bad that he feels he needs to leave, but dam he does drop a whole lot of balls.  Yes, we'd have to replace him, but Moulds is not the "go to guy" he was when it was contract time 4 years ago. I say trade the dude now. When th egoing is tough there is no room for someone who is half-way in. Either your in Eric or carry your a$$ somewhere you think they want (washed-up) you.

123945[/snapback]

He makes too much money to get anything in a trade.

The entire Patriots receiving corps (top five guys) has a cap figure that is about 2 million less than Moulds (6.4 mill vs. 8.5).

I guess I just dont understand the issue.

Eric Moulds was an Elite Wideout up until the groin injury.....and then he comes into this season with a QB that is floundering......the guy is still in the top 8 of wideouts and we want to send him packing for something that we dont even know would be a sure thing?

NO.....restructure him and let him and Evans form a wide receiving tandem for Losman to work with.....

You dont let talented players go when you are trying to biuld something.......

Didnt TO play with Gracia in San Fransisco? T.O. has more or less had a price on his head, and has actually come out and said "stop me if you can". That in itself makes up for any excuse you may want to make for Moulds. Playmakers do exacty that, make a whole bunch out of nothing. Randy Moss + Randle Cunningham. Rest that case.

123984[/snapback]

And Garcia was still better than Bledsoe. Garcia 2 straight years of over 30 td passes, and could move around and make things happen. as For Cunningham 1998 was his best stastical season ever.

Randall Cunningham | 16 | 259 425 60.9 3704 8.7 34 10 | whens the last time drew bledsoe threw 34 td passes. I'm not gonna compare anyone to randy moss, because he's clearly the best receiver in this game, and can dominate any corner any time he wants to. I'm not making "excuses for moulds" yes I still believe Eric Moulds is one of the best receivers in the game, and yes I believe he'd prove it with a capable qb who doesn't always just look at him. If Moulds had Payton manning for his career as a qb. I believe he'd be right up there stastically with the like of owens and harrison. Consistency with a good qb is the key. Not Todd Collins one year, than alex van pelt, flutie, rob jonhson, back to van pelt than bledsoe. Moulds to me is still a top flight wr.

And Garcia was still better than Bledsoe. Garcia 2 straight years of over 30 td passes, and could move around and make things happen.  as For Cunningham 1998 was his best stastical season ever.

Randall Cunningham  | 16 | 259 425  60.9 3704  8.7 34 10 |  whens the last time drew bledsoe threw 34 td passes.  I'm not gonna compare anyone to randy moss, because he's clearly the best receiver in this game, and can dominate any corner any time he wants to.  I'm not making "excuses for moulds" yes I still believe Eric Moulds is one of the best receivers in the game, and yes I believe he'd prove it with a capable qb who doesn't always just look at him.  If Moulds had Payton manning for his career as a qb. I believe he'd be right up there stastically with the like of owens and harrison. Consistency with a good qb is the key. Not Todd Collins one year, than alex van pelt, flutie, rob jonhson, back to van pelt than bledsoe.  Moulds to me is still a top flight wr.

123996[/snapback]

He is a decent receiver, but the point was either get all the way in or get all the way out. Top flight receivers do not drop the passes EM dropped last week. I knew when I saw the first ball pop out of his top flight hands we were done. How in the world does a top flight receiver drop such a simple catch? How, he hears footsteps, hes only halfway comitted. Its time to go EM. let the fellas in that have the fire in their belly.

He is a decent receiver, but the point was either get all the way in or get all the way out. Top flight receivers do not drop the passes EM dropped last week. I knew when I saw the first ball pop out of his top flight hands we were done. How in the world does a top flight receiver drop such a simple catch? How, he hears footsteps, hes only halfway comitted. Its time to go EM. let the fellas in that have the fire in their belly.

124008[/snapback]

<_<

You are absolutely right. I said this same thing several months ago and was slammed for saying it. A lot of people blame the OL for our woes, but I put the blame just as much on our skill players. Moulds is overrated and has been for two years. Evans is a rookie learning his trade. Bledsoe is slow afoot and his technique and decision making are atrocious. Our TE's couldn't play 3rd string on most teams. The debate about sho should start at RB is laughable. Neither back strikes fear in the opponent. The result is we are easy to defend. The defense stacks the line against our OL. Our 5 blockers face 6 or 7 defenders every play. Combine that mismatch with no speed at RB and a tentative QB, we look pathetic.

There are 31 other teams out there who would gladly prove to the doubters just how good EM is the moment he (hypothetically) got let go. It would be a damn shame if it ever happened. He is easily the second best receiver we have ever had here, with all due respect to the shortened career of Jerry Butler.

Gotta agree the ability to pull away doesn't seem to be there anymore. But he is still very good and you would have to make a deal that would "knock my socks off" to get me to trade him.

123980[/snapback]

I agree completely and even though I think he has slipped, I would still be reluctant to trade him. He's still a good player.

123945[/snapback]

Not a good post SlamnSam. Moulds is far from done.

There are 31 other teams out there who would gladly prove to the doubters just how good EM is the moment he (hypothetically) got let go. It would be a damn shame if it ever happened. He is easily the second best receiver we have ever had here, with all due respect to the shortened career of Jerry Butler.

124033[/snapback]

Exactly, put Eric Moulds on the Baltimore Ravens and that team might be as good if not better then Pittsburgh right now. While Moulds might not be a top 5 NFL WR these days there were some good points made on WGR the other day. He might not make an average team good, (like Owens didn't do much with San Fran the last few years) Moulds could make a good team better.