What Is Most Amazing To Me About This Game

Name the big name that is on IR.

Is it a Bob Sanders?

Is it a Anthony Gonzales?

Is it Marlin Jackson?

Every team in the NFL deals with injuries. I am sorry but other than Eric Wood and Mitchell who is the big name injury that explains the lack of talent. The number 14 is impressive until you see who is on the list.

Butler, Leodis

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QB? That is the last position we need to fill. We need: O-line...D-line...linebackers first. Then get a QB. We draft a rookie QB and he will be running for his life all year.

PTR

If a team doesn't have a QB--and the Bills don't--that team simply can't afford to pass on a QB if there's a Matt Ryan sitting there when that team picks. Period.

I agree that if were to add a QB today, he'd get killed behind the joke of our line. So let the newly drafted QB sit his rookie year! Use other draft picks to shore up the offensive line! Worry about the defense later--after you've gotten your QB and offensive line shored up.

However, if there isn't a QB worth taking when we pick, then I'm all in favor of drafting one of the other positions you mentioned.

There is such a void of talent here...I don't even know where to begin. They are so incredibly boring to watch and I just hope they can get a QB of the future in this upcoming draft. Please bring in a GM with a clue because they need A LOT of players.

Now that the season is really over, let's bench everyone who will not be here next year, lose the rest of the games because it really does not matter and fire Modrack & Guy tomorrow. 4-12 or 5-11 should get a decent pick. Hopefully we get a decent GM who gets an offensive minded coach in here.

This applies to both teams - which is why it was six point snoozer. Having a regular season home game on neutral ground does not help. Where was all that fire we saw last week!?

I cannot support losing the rest of the games. I just can't.....

Changes will come. I just hope they are the right ones this time. That would be unique.

Is it a Bob Sanders?

Is it Marlin Jackson?

Every team in the NFL deals with injuries. I am sorry but other than Eric Wood and Mitchell who is the big name injury that explains the lack of talent. The number 14 is impressive until you see who is on the list.

Marlin Jackson WTF? Its the sheer quantity of injuries, in a team sport, chump. Especially along the O-line and Prime was the only one pointing that out tonight it seems. We had to max protect the entire second half. Our duct tape D held them to 19. A patchwork O-line was THE reason for an L tonight IMO, no "names" needed.

Butler, Leodis

Here is what cracks me up. Is that some of our Fans keep arguing about the fact that we have a talented team if not for the injuries. Same fans then complain about the front office? You must be in agreement with the Front Office that they have done their jobs. Amazing its been only 10 years since we made the playoffs with this Superbowl talented roster of ours.. Amazing!

Marlin Jackson isnt bad and Freeney missed the last game. Gonzales is a player the Colts were counting on and has been out most of the year. The point is look at the rosters. Look at the Bills roster and add all the players on IR and this is still a team that is not very good. They play hard and the defense keeps them in games but the misses by the front office are amazing.

Picking Willis over Dallas Clark

Picking JP over Stephen Jackson

Picking Whitner over Cutler

Picking Lynch over Revis

Picking McKelvin over Clady

Picking Maybin over Oher

Picking McCargo over Mangold.

Staying in games with our offensive line and QB play is really quite amazing to me.

There is no argument that they've made mistakes in drafting and the Colts have been amazing at restocking their team. But I wasn't comparing the Bills to the Colts, or to any team for that matter. Losing 14 players, even if none of them are superstars, hurts a team.

This applies to both teams - which is why it was six point snoozer. Having a regular season home game on neutral ground does not help. Where was all that fire we saw last week!?

Today is Thursday. Players say they're just starting to feel healthy again after a game.

There is no argument that they've made mistakes in drafting and the Colts have been amazing at restocking their team. But I wasn't comparing the Bills to the Colts, or to any team for that matter. Losing 14 players, even if none of them are superstars, hurts a team.

I cannot completly disagree however it is not the reason why we are losing. We are losing because our FO cannot identify areas of weakness and correct them. 10 years the reason has been simple. QB and Line. Well. FIX IT or expect the same result.

Look at this years roster and compare it to the 3-13 2001 team. It looks very similar. Actually the 2001 team looks better on paper to me. That is the scary part.

Here is what cracks me up. Is that some of our Fans keep arguing about the fact that we have a talented team if not for the injuries. Same fans then complain about the front office? You must be in agreement with the Front Office that they have done their jobs. Amazing its been only 10 years since we made the playoffs with this Superbowl talented roster of ours.. Amazing!

Did i say the front office has done their jobs? Pointing out a couple of other quality players you missed! If you're asking, i do think we have some young talent. Unfortunately not at the QB position and coach. As far as the front office goes, not totally impressed.

Marlin Jackson WTF? Its the sheer quantity of injuries, in a team sport, chump. Especially along the O-line and Prime was the only one pointing that out tonight it seems. We had to max protect the entire second half. Our duct tape D held them to 19. A patchwork O-line was THE reason for an L tonight IMO, no "names" needed.

I would take Marlin Jackson over Mckelvin to be honest. Does not have the ball hawking ability but does a great job in coverage. He was a first round himself that has the ability to develop into a shut down corner.

Did i say the front office has done their jobs? Pointing out a couple of other quality players you missed! If you're asking, i do think we have some young talent. Unfortunately not at the QB position and coach. As far as the front office goes, not totally impressed.

My point is that this team completely healthy would look very similiar to the team we saw tonight. Blaming the loss or the Bills failure the season on the sheer number of 14 injuries I believe is off base.

There is such a void of talent here...I don't even know where to begin. They are so incredibly boring to watch and I just hope they can get a QB of the future in this upcoming draft. Please bring in a GM with a clue because they need A LOT of players.

Now that the season is really over, let's bench everyone who will not be here next year, lose the rest of the games because it really does not matter and fire Modrack & Guy tomorrow. 4-12 or 5-11 should get a decent pick. Hopefully we get a decent GM who gets an offensive minded coach in here.

Playing to lose is not a good idea. If the players see that the management is no longer concerned about winning their respect for management goes out the window. The thing is the Bills lose a lot when they are playing to win. Most of these players will be back next year; no team replaces over 50% of its players in one year. We have to start to learn to win now and hopefully add some better talent as well for next year. This team has had losing seasons about 2/3 of its history and it hasn't gotten us some great players in the draft that really turned things around. It just begets more losing. The only times having a terrible team really helped us in the draft were OJ and Bruce Smith. But in both of those cases we were the worst team in the league and got the number one choice. We are far from being the worst team in the league at 4-8 and we aren't going to get an OJ or Bruce Smith by losing out, just more losses to add to our already highly negative lifetime record.

My point is that this team completely healthy would look very similiar to the team we saw tonight. Blaming the loss or the Bills failure the season on the sheer number of 14 injuries I believe is off base.

Then bring that up to the person that mention it! Don't agree with your assessment though. Just having our starting LB's would go a long way at stopping the run and i think our trio is average. But Draft and Scott? A healthy OL working together all year. You don't think that would help?

Is it a Bob Sanders?

Is it Marlin Jackson?

While not big names the following were clearly much much better than the current starters and in the case of Butler basically sunk the season.

Brad Butler - decent not great starting RT

Leodis Mcelvin - decent maybe good starting corner

Wood - probably very good RG

Mitchell - decent OLB and certainly much better than playing a safety at OLB

May as well include starting LT Bell as he has missed more games than he has played in.

Butler's loss in retrospect may have been the most devestating injury for this year. Wood's injury might set the franchise back 2 years as he looked like a long term starter and he was a first round pick.

Schouman, Ellison, and all the rest are garabge.

Then bring that up to the person that mention it! Don't agree with your assessment though. Just having our starting LB's would go a long way at stopping the run and i think our trio is average. But Draft and Scott? A healthy OL working together all year. You don't think that would help?

No I dont think having a healthy OL or LB core would help. Both units even under the best of health were among the worst units in the league. You will never get away with the offensive line play that the Bills have had with average QB play.