Say "NO" to Billick, Fassel & Haslett

I don't get people's fascinations with Brian Billick. Billick had the great defenses but couldn't get it right with the offense. He won the Superbowl with Trent Dilfer and then screwed it up the next year by getting rid of Dilfer and bringing in Grbac. If it's not broke, don't fix it (see Johnson/Flutie). Besides the Superbowl win, the Ravens under Billick had minimal success. He had one good season with McNair and that was it.

Fassel and Haslett, same thing, one good season with and that was it.

Who *should* we consider?

I love all of these posts that say the Bills should "just say no" to this guy, that guy, and the other guy. :lol:

I think the attraction to Billick was that he's won a Superbowl and had a long tenure in Baltimore (1999-2007). I'm not particularly enamored with him, but there are certainly plenty of experienced coaches out there.

Personally, I'm starting to think now that the Bills need to start with a GM. Guys like Ron Wolf, Bruce Allen, or Greg Gabriel should be considered.

I don't get people's fascinations with Brian Billick. Billick had the great defenses but couldn't get it right with the offense. He won the Superbowl with Trent Dilfer and then screwed it up the next year by getting rid of Dilfer and bringing in Grbac. If it's not broke, don't fix it (see Johnson/Flutie). Besides the Superbowl win, the Ravens under Billick had minimal success. He had one good season with McNair and that was it.

Jerry, you better check Fassel's stats again :lol:

Who *should* we consider?

I love all of these posts that say the Bills should "just say no" to this guy, that guy, and the other guy. :lol:

I think the attraction to Billick was that he's won a Superbowl and had a long tenure in Baltimore (1999-2007). I'm not particularly enamored with him, but there are certainly plenty of experienced coaches out there.

Personally, I'm starting to think now that the Bills need to start with a GM. Guys like Ron Wolf, Bruce Allen, or Greg Gabriel should be considered.

Ron Wolf-OK, the others-what teams have they taken to Super Bowl. Just asking?

If you definition of minimal success is over 9 seasons with a team he took over that had never had a winning season, having a 85-67 record, 5-3 in the Postseason, only 3 losing seasons, a Super Bowl Championship and 5 of his assistants currently head coaches in the NFL (and another-Mike Nolan was last season), than what does that say about anyone who the Bills have ever had besides Marv Levy? Yea, we can only do better than that.

If you definition of minimal success is over 9 seasons with a team he took over that had never had a winning season, having a 85-67 record, 5-3 in the Postseason, only 3 losing seasons, a Super Bowl Championship and 5 of his assistants currently head coaches in the NFL (and another-Mike Nolan was last season), than what does that say about anyone who the Bills have ever had besides Marv Levy? Yea, we can only do better than that.

With the defense and special teams the Ravens had, they should have won multiple Superbowls. I'm not saying he's a horrible coach, but I wouldn't classify him as an elite coach either.