Funny comment on Buff News article re:arrests at the game

"Four days before the Bills host the New York Jets on Thursday in Toronto’s Rogers Centre, Ontario residents accounted for 13 of the 34 arrests, or about 38 percent"

"A year ago, 21 of the 33 people arrested by security officers and Orchard Park police at the Nov. 30 Bills-49ers game were Canadians, and that was one week before another Bills game in Toronto. "

Damn Canadians

True, true, true.

I don't know what gives people the idea that to pay $50 or so on a ticket to see a football game entitles one to have sex in the bathrooms, start fights, shout profanities, and act like some idiot on an MTV "reality" show.

As if, all sense and sensibility is thrown out the window because "I'm at the game".

"Four days before the Bills host the New York Jets on Thursday in Toronto’s Rogers Centre, Ontario residents accounted for 13 of the 34 arrests, or about 38 percent"

"A year ago, 21 of the 33 people arrested by security officers and Orchard Park police at the Nov. 30 Bills-49ers game were Canadians, and that was one week before another Bills game in Toronto. "

Damn Canadians

Now that we're regionalized, they have become the retarded step-brother/ sister that has been brought into the family.

Interesting tidbit in the BNews comment section on the statistics:

Let me get this straight. Out of 70,000 plus people at each Bills game, the average number facing charges is 30-35. My calculator says that's a percentage of .0005. There are 212 state legislators and at least a dozen are facing criminal or civil charges. That's a full 6 percent. Attending a Bills game appears safer than dealing with our state legislators. It doesn't appear that the number of arrests at Bills games is newsworthy.

The .0005% is pretty interesting considering it is probably around the same percentage of people who get caught for speeding on the interstates compared to the number of drivers. It is ridiculous that this is even that newsworthy unless there is an underlying reason why the BNews feels it has to make room for this in the paper(crap sells).

Also, by rough count, not including the clubs and suites, there are 130 sections in the stadium, which means that 1 person in every 4 sections gets arrested. That's a pretty low number given the nature of the entire event.

Let me get this straight. Out of 70,000 plus people at each Bills game, the average number facing charges is 30-35. My calculator says that's a percentage of .0005. There are 212 state legislators and at least a dozen are facing criminal or civil charges. That's a full 6 percent. Attending a Bills game appears safer than dealing with our state legislators. It doesn't appear that the number of arrests at Bills games is newsworthy.

The .0005% is pretty interesting considering it is probably around the same percentage of people who get caught for speeding on the interstates compared to the number of drivers. It is ridiculous that this is even that newsworthy unless there is an underlying reason why the BNews feels it has to make room for this in the paper(crap sells).

Also, by rough count, not including the clubs and suites, there are 130 sections in the stadium, which means that 1 person in every 4 sections gets arrested. That's a pretty low number given the nature of the entire event.

There's a couple problems there. What about people who are kicked out but not arrested? People denied entrance? Those aren't going to show up in these numbers. How do the numbers compare to figures around the league? If they're higher, that's certainly an issue for concern. And as for the two stories mentioned in the article, anytime idiots decide to attack cops, that's a big deal. No good is ever going to come from it.

All good points.

I think this is part of the marketing plan, to let people know they are working to make it an enjoyable experience.

Actually, it's .05%.

There's a couple problems there. What about people who are kicked out but not arrested? People denied entrance? Those aren't going to show up in these numbers. How do the numbers compare to figures around the league? If they're higher, that's certainly an issue for concern. And as for the two stories mentioned in the article, anytime idiots decide to attack cops, that's a big deal. No good is ever going to come from it.

The only stadium I have been to, NFL anyway, is LP... The crowd was REALLY subdued. It was a great game too (well, for 3 qtrs anyway,) and they were docile. I didn't see the see of day-glo yellow vests marching in to carry out the perpetrator, I am sure there were a few, but the fans were nothing like the Ralph.

I have friends that attend Cleveland and Pittsburgh games, and there are a fair amount of arrests there, probably comparable.

From friends that lived in Philly, I guess the Vet was mayhem on game day, I am sure Lincoln Field isn't far off. The had a JP and holding cells in the stadium, at the Vet anyway.

It is kind of a shame the way some fans act...we had some d-bag with a Phins flag on like a cape, and he was being a tool. People behinds began to launch pretzels, peanuts, and other pretty harmless stuff, but it continued for 3 qtrs. I thought is was funny at first, but when the season ticket holders in front of them, with their child asked them to stop, they didn't. So, they were ruining a Bills fan's experience, long after the point had been made.

Your calculator works. However, your understanding of percentages is somewhat lacking. By your logic 2 out of 100 represents .02%. 2 / 100 = .02. Right?

Thanks for the lecture dad, but just pointing out the math and i qouted the guy above me saying yea what he said. Notice the lack of a percentage sign. Thank you for instilling your wisdom though, guess my doctorate in mathematics doesnt mean anything.

You missed the biggest problem with the comparison.

The person posting the comment compared the percentage of fans that were arrested over a couple hour window (the game) vs. the percentage of politicians facing charges for anything they've ever done.

Thanks for the lecture dad, but just pointing out the math and i qouted the guy above me saying yea what he said. Notice the lack of a percentage sign. Thank you for instilling your wisdom though, guess my doctorate in mathematics doesnt mean anything.

Everyone was talking about percentages... except for your non-sensical info from your handy-dandy calculator, so maybe it was Reading Comprehension that brought down your GPA ?!!

Damn Canadians

Its our beer's fault. You know Canadian beer is like moonshine