Fitzpatrick and Flutie

sac bills

Was it just me, or was anyone else having some warm and fuzzy flashbacks yesterday to that other QB we used to have who made great runs, dove head first and also played his college ball in Boston? It just reminded me of the energy this team had when Flutie was the helm. It wasn't always pretty, but the dude won. Let's hope Ryan can do the same.

Was it just me, or was anyone else having some warm and fuzzy flashbacks yesterday to that other QB we used to have who made great runs, dove head first and also played his college ball in Boston? It just reminded me of the energy this team had when Flutie was the helm. It wasn't always pretty, but the dude won. Let's hope Ryan can do the same.

It reminded me more of when Kelly Holcomb replaced JP Losman & the team was winning more games. Basically a decent career backup who can start a few games now & then who stepped in when the annointed starter bombed out.

Fitzpatrick has a lot more of the right stuff than Edwards has shown, but don't get carried away-We still need to draft a QB.

There are a lot of parallels between the two, although I think Fitzpatrick is people-sized

There are a lot of parallels between the two, although I think Fitzpatrick is people-sized

Fitzpatrick recently had his skull examined by team doctors. It's part of the neurological testing that the NFL now requires to establish a baseline for things like concussions and the use of human growth hormone.

Team doctors were astounded to find that Fitzpatrick's skull is several times larger than his body size. Using mean averages, they calculated that Fitzy has a skull about the size of one that would typically be found on a 7'5" human being.

Fitzpatrick recently had his skull examined by team doctors. It's part of the neurological testing that the NFL now requires to establish a baseline for things like concussions and the use of human growth hormone.

Team doctors were astounded to find that Fitzpatrick's skull is several times larger than his body size. Using mean averages, they calculated that Fitzy has a skull about the size of one that would typically be found on a 7'5" human being.

No wonder he scored so high on the Wonderlic. :P

It reminded me more of when Kelly Holcomb replaced JP Losman & the team was winning more games. Basically a decent career backup who can start a few games now & then who stepped in when the annointed starter bombed out.

Fitzpatrick has a lot more of the right stuff than Edwards has shown, but don't get carried away-We still need to draft a QB.

EXACTLY... well said.

flutie was better than average. Fitz throws a LOT of INTs. he is clearly average for a backup.

Guest dog14787

How often do you see a Bills QB listed with names like Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers unless of course it was Jim kelly

Well here's our boy http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl Granted its who's hot on fantasy football

Ryan Fitzpatrick has a cannon of an arm, he thinks fast, and he runs fast and when you put it all together you've got problems if your the opposing defense.

Give Fitzpatrick a good O-line and he can take you to the playoffs in my opinion.

Fitz might not be very pretty to look at, but Mary proved what good looks will get you in the NFL.

Yes--I think in a few years we will regard Fitz as the guy who mentored our next franchise QB. We probably are stuck with him for another season as a starter, but that may not be a bad thing. With the chemistry he has with our WRs i can totally see him as getting us to the playoffs...but you'd be insane to think there's a Super Bowl in the guy.

Yes--I think in a few years we will regard Fitz as the guy who mentored our next franchise QB. We probably are stuck with him for another season as a starter, but that may not be a bad thing. With the chemistry he has with our WRs i can totally see him as getting us to the playoffs...but you'd be insane to think there's a Super Bowl in the guy.

surrrrre :D

Diving head first into 3 defenders by the QB ...... is not something I want to see every week.

fearless? There is this saying ... there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity

Ryan Fitzpatrick has a cannon of an arm, he thinks fast, and he runs fast and when you put it all together you've got problems if your the opposing defense.

This is going way to far imo. The phrase "cannon" in overused. Drew Bledsoe had a cannon, not Fitz.

Wrt the op, I do see similarities between Fitz and Flutie. Both are athletic and smart, balsy qbs.

Now, Flutie was far more athletic and Fitz is WAY taller. Flutie was much more fun to watch, and even a better fit on the Bills. Flutie loved to roll out and he thrived on broken plays. It didn't matter so much that his OL sucked; he was too small for the pocket anyway. Fitz as you said, needs blocking. If he doesn't get it he will get killed and or ruined in a hurry.

Guest dog14787
This is going way to far imo. The phrase "cannon" in overused. Drew Bledsoe had a cannon, not Fitz.

Wrt the op, I do see similarities between Fitz and Flutie. Both are athletic and smart, balsy qbs.

Now, Flutie was far more athletic and Fitz is WAY taller. Flutie was much more fun to watch, and even a better fit on the Bills. Flutie loved to roll out and he thrived on broken plays. It didn't matter so much that his OL sucked; he was too small for the pocket anyway. Fitz as you said, needs blocking. If he doesn't get it he will get killed and or ruined in a hurry.

Some of Fitz's balls look to be thrown almost as hard as Brett Favres in my opinion and Fitz is doing a pretty good so far without blocking don't you think.

Fitz also is not the type that will become rattled very easily, guys a tough cookie. The only problem I have with Fitz is accuracy which was not a problem in the Dolphins game. Fitz showed good accuracy and as he becomes more accustomed to the offense Fitz is only going to get better in my opinion.

Folks might get a chuckle out of this , but if Ryan Fitzpatrick continues on the same path and shows improvement from week to week, we could very well have our future QB.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a gamer and could be a premiere QB in this league one day.