Thurman Thomas disrespected by two current players

zdro22

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I'm sorry, no disrespect intended...but do we really give 9 pages worth of a damn about this?

Really? Why?

Thurman and family are good people and I'm glad something like this has gotten the attention it has because when you diss HOF players you diss the Buffalo Bills in my opinion regardless if you are a Bills player or not. The same goes both ways and Jim Kelly's remarks recently may have helped spark all this crap.

Thurman and family are good people and I'm glad something like this has gotten the attention it has because when you diss HOF players you diss the Buffalo Bills in my opinion regardless if you are a Bills player or not. The same goes both ways and Jim Kelly's remarks recently may have helped spark all this crap.

Thurman and Jim were both great players. But I've heard way too many first hand accounts of poor behavior to believe that they are good people.

Thurman and Jim were both great players. But I've heard way too many first hand accounts of poor behavior to believe that they are good people.

Thurman is a good guy, so is Jim.

Noone is perfect, and imagine being in your early 20's with all of the fame and money they had around here. I'm sure you've had your fair share of bad days. Everyone has. Now imagine being a starting QB and RB in the NFL. Everything you do is magnified.

Thurman is a good guy, so is Jim.

Noone is perfect, and imagine being in your early 20's with all of the fame and money they had around here. I'm sure you've had your fair share of bad days. Everyone has. Now imagine being a starting QB and RB in the NFL. Everything you do is magnified.

You're right, I'm not perfect. But believe me, I'm not them to a higher standard than I would myself. There were many transgressions which members of that team got away with that would have landed you or I in jail.

I'm glad Jim seems to have settled down a bit. From what I hear, Thurman still has some work to do. I wish him the best, and thank him for his time as a Bill. But for him to express any kind of indignation at being disrespected is more than a little bit ironic, at least in my opinion.

Guest dog14787

You mean like Jim Kelly spending half his life trying to increase public awareness of leukodystrophies as well as increase the likelihood of early detection and treatment.

Maybe Hunters hope doesn't seem like much to you, but if you lost a child to this horrible disease you might feel a little differently.

Jim Kelly is a hero in my book and always will be...

You're right, I'm not perfect. But believe me, I'm not them to a higher standard than I would myself. There were many transgressions which members of that team got away with that would have landed you or I in jail.

I'm glad Jim seems to have settled down a bit. From what I hear, Thurman still has some work to do. I wish him the best, and thank him for his time as a Bill. But for him to express any kind of indignation at being disrespected is more than a little bit ironic, at least in my opinion.

That happens in so many places though, and I can imagine much worse has been done. Not to say that it is right, but being a young player and having a ton of money, and the fame is probably a hard thing to deal with. I'm sure they thought they could get away with anything. Every sports player is like that, some more then others though.

Every interaction i've had with Thurman he has been nothing but the nicest he could be.

Again, not making excuses for his actions as a younger player but NFL players think they can do anything they want, and that's because most people put them on the highest level. I think it's ridiculous the amount of money they get to work half of the year, and playing a sport they love to play.

I can state that it's a fact to me. I don't expect random people to believe it. But, this is a thread that somebody else started and others have responsed to about what happened with Thurman. So I added to it. For anyone who wants answers and is willing to accept answers from a message board thread, you have your answers. For anyone who will only be satisfied with an account from Thurman himself, unfortunately he doesn't post at TBD, so go check his twitter. Otherwise, enjoy the speculation.

I never took issue with you adding to the thread, I simply said that it's difficult to believe anyone on this board that won't (a) disclose their own identity, or (b) disclose how they found out the details.

Also, last I saw, he didn't say anything about the players' identities on his twitter account.

Oh who gives a f88k??

The people reading and replying to the thread, I assume (which includes you, apparently).

I'm friends with his daughter.

As I said you can believe it if you want to believe it, it does not really matter to me.

As i've stated before, after the game I said there was no way it was TO, but really when it comes down to it who else on this team could you expect it to be other then Lynch, and TO.

The way i look at it is this- TO doesn't care about the Bills of the 90's or about meeting the hall of fame guys, but it sure was fishy when TO was tweeting about Thurm being the better then Emmett Smith after all of that had went down.

That's interesting.

Again, I don't mean to be confrontational here, but your comments here are very ambiguous. Your first bolded comment implies that you are making an assumption about the players' identities. As to your question, I have no idea who would act in such a fashion, or why they'd do so. When it comes right down to it, very few of us (if any of us at all) know any of these guys well at all. They could be leading lives that we'd never imagine in their own time. A great example of this is Marvin Harrison--always thought to be a quiet, class act, and then he ends up owning a custom-made gun that was used in a murder that took place outside a car shop that he owns; the victim a person with whom he'd had multiple confrontations in the past.

The second bolded comment reinforces my initial impression that you're assuming. When I see words and phrases like "the way I look at it" and "it sure was fishy", my red flag goes up.

So, as I said, I'm not insinuating that you're being disingenuous at all, but surely you see why I'd (a) ask the question, and (b) have my doubts regarding the information.

You mean like Jim Kelly spending half his life trying to increase public awareness of leukodystrophies as well as increase the likelihood of earl detection and treatment.

No, of course that's not what I meant. And it's silly for you to suggest that. What charities did Jim support before he was personally impacted by this disease? I don't disagree that what Jim has done to raise awareness for this disease is a good thing, but in my opinion it's hardly selfless.

If you want to hold him up as a hero, that's your prerogative. I'm not going to waste any more time with negativity, I just happen to disagree about these two being great guys. I have my reasons, as do you for admiring them, so let's leave it at that.

So, after a nice long chat about the Bills/Dolphins rivalry by Lee Evans, someone busted Thurm's chops about jumping to the Fins at the end of his career. At least, that's where my money is. If Thurm can't take it, he shouldn't have sold his soul and went to the other side!

I never took issue with you adding to the thread, I simply said that it's difficult to believe anyone on this board that won't (a) disclose their own identity, or (b) disclose how they found out the details.

Also, last I saw, he didn't say anything about the players' identities on his twitter account.

The people reading and replying to the thread, I assume (which includes you, apparently).

That's interesting.

Again, I don't mean to be confrontational here, but your comments here are very ambiguous. Your first bolded comment implies that you are making an assumption about the players' identities. As to your question, I have no idea who would act in such a fashion, or why they'd do so. When it comes right down to it, very few of us (if any of us at all) know any of these guys well at all. They could be leading lives that we'd never imagine in their own time. A great example of this is Marvin Harrison--always thought to be a quiet, class act, and then he ends up owning a custom-made gun that was used in a murder that took place outside a car shop that he owns; the victim a person with whom he'd had multiple confrontations in the past.

The second bolded comment reinforces my initial impression that you're assuming. When I see words and phrases like "the way I look at it" and "it sure was fishy", my red flag goes up.

So, as I said, I'm not insinuating that you're being disingenuous at all, but surely you see why I'd (a) ask the question, and (b) have my doubts regarding the information.

Correct on the Marvin Harrison front, the reason Lynch gets accused from most people firsthand is because of the trouble he has gotten himself into, the other players either by luck or by smarts have not gotten caught like lynch with possession of marijuana with an unregistered loaded gun. The guy is an idiot, I'm sure there are other players on the team who smoke marijuana but so far they are smart enough not to do it in a car, with an unregistered gun in the vehicle.

As far as what I said about seeming fishy, i'm saying what I thought the night I heard about it, then I read TO's twitter, then the next day asked Angel (his daughter) about it.

I totally understand why you would be questioning, you can believe me or you don't have to lol. I am not a reporter, you can believe what you want, or think what you want that's totally fine by me. I'm just stating what I know, and how it was all blown out of proportion to begin with. Thurm was frustrated at the time, and by the end of the night cooled down, tried to end speculation that it was TO because thats the last thing he needs is to create controversy with his former team, when he is in such close contact with the team, and always at the stadium.

Guest dog14787
No, of course that's not what I meant. And it's silly for you to suggest that. What charities did Jim support before he was personally impacted by this disease? I don't disagree that what Jim has done to raise awareness for this disease is a good thing, but in my opinion it's hardly selfless.

If you want to hold him up as a hero, that's your prerogative. I'm not going to waste any more time with negativity, I just happen to disagree about these two being great guys. I have my reasons, as do you for admiring them, so let's leave it at that.

I hear you buddy and these guys aren't saints by no means, but having celebrity status puts yourself and family under allot of scrutiny and the media tends to blow everything out of proportion.

I didn't mean to insinuate that you have zero regards to charitable work.

Does Steve Grogan hang out in the Patriots locker room?

It just seems kind of odd to me.

No...you actually have to have been good to get invited in...I hear John Stephens and Hart Lee Dykes are the Patriots representatives...

ah the only one I truly respect is Jim, he's the only one who didn't go off to other teams...........sellouts

You can't blame Thurman, or Andre Reed for playing for other teams. They both would have preferred to stay in Buffalo, but it was the Bills that didn't want them, not vice-versa. Not sure the same can be said about Bruce Smith, the Bills just wouldn't pay him what Daniel Snyder was willing to pay a DE at the end of his career. Also, don't forget, Jim Kelly came real close to coming out of retirement and playing for Marchibroda in Baltimore, so I guess that makes Kelly a wanna be sellout.

You can't blame Thurman, or Andre Reed for playing for other teams. They both would have preferred to stay in Buffalo, but it was the Bills that didn't want them, not vice-versa. Not sure the same can be said about Bruce Smith, the Bills just wouldn't pay him what Daniel Snyder was willing to pay a DE at the end of his career. Also, don't forget, Jim Kelly came real close to coming out of retirement and playing for Marchibroda in Baltimore, so I guess that makes Kelly a wanna be sellout.

It's not even what Snyder was willing to pay. It more had to do with the Bills unable to pay. By the time Smith was released, Buffalo had a major salary cap issue it was dealing with. IIRC, the Bills needed Smith to redo his contract (again) in order to retain him. Smith said no. The Bills had no choice but to release him.

As for Andre and Thurman, they were both past their prime, but were being paid big coin. Both ended up being salary cap cuts, and unfortunately, both their egos rejected the idea of retirement.

How is it that people think Thurman is a bad person all of a sudden? He has spoken openly about his being an alcoholic and overcoming that. He doesn't even go out with Kelly or any of the guys that are still in Buffalo because he doesn't want to be near alcohol. I listened to him at a speach he did at Suny Brockport. Seems like a pretty good guy to me.