Marty ball?

cmjoyce113

Gruden, Shannahan, Cowher, and Holmgren will not come to Buffalo. Ralph is going to embarass himself for asking. The two guys I would target and would legitimely come to Buffalo are Billick and Schotteheimer IMO. They would be good fits.

Marty would be a great fit. After the crap he put up with in SD and AJ, I would hope he has the nads to stand up to Ralph and say he needs to run the ship his way. Marty's way will produce wins plain and simple.

I would be careful about Billick .. he was not well liked by his players by the time he left Baltimore.

I'm all about MartyBall....He wins..Pure and simple....Can't win in the playoffs until you get there...He gets you there......He's heads up, physical, fundamental football. If he wins 12 games are you going to complain? Not me.......I want something to cheer about again...

Marty would be a great fit. After the crap he put up with in SD and AJ, I would hope he has the nads to stand up to Ralph and say he needs to run the ship his way. Marty's way will produce wins plain and simple.

I would be careful about Billick .. he was not well liked by his players by the time he left Baltimore.

It is very important that the players like their coach and that he is a good man (theoretically).

DJ was very well liked by his guys and we got commensurate results.

Marty has said publicly that he's retired and won't be coaching for anyone.

Did you read the first post of the thread. Mort just posted that he might be available.

Guys change their mind about this reasonably often. The only guy who looks like he absolutely won't change his mind, or at least not for another few years, is Dungy, who has another career that he really wanted to try.

Did you read the first post of the thread. Mort just posted that he might be available.

Guys change their mind about this reasonably often. The only guy who looks like he absolutely won't change his mind, or at least not for another few years, is Dungy, who has another career that he really wanted to try.

I heard John Clayton the other day say that Marty WANTED to Coach again.

Marty has said publicly that he's retired and won't be coaching for anyone.

Funny thing happens when you start reading stories of old Ralphy spending ten mill on a coach. It'll make you rethink your retirement! :)

Marty: "Sorry, I'm retired".

Russ: "We're willing to pay you 8-10 million per"

Marty: "Yah know, I was thinking that maybe it's time for a comeback."

Ralph & Marty both hate AJ.............looks like a good fit. :)

Remember:

It has been reported that Marty and Buddy Nix were very close friends when they were in San Diego together.

From A.J. Smith when Marty and Nix were being considered in Atlanta:

“I have not heard about Buddy Nix, but I have heard the Coach Schottenheimer rumors,” Chargers GM AJ Smith said. “If true, I believe a Buddy Nix-Marty Schottenheimer team in Atlanta would be a perfect fit. ... Buddy got along well with Coach Schottenheimer. They socialized together, went out to dinner, golfed together, sat together on the plane, talked football all the time."

Remember:

It has been reported that Marty and Buddy Nix were very close friends when they were in San Diego together.

From A.J. Smith when Marty and Nix were being considered in Atlanta:

“I have not heard about Buddy Nix, but I have heard the Coach Schottenheimer rumors,” Chargers GM AJ Smith said. “If true, I believe a Buddy Nix-Marty Schottenheimer team in Atlanta would be a perfect fit. ... Buddy got along well with Coach Schottenheimer. They socialized together, went out to dinner, golfed together, sat together on the plane, talked football all the time."

Precisely the reason why I think that this is how its going to end up, when all is said and done.

I am a little afraid of the GM/HC combo that some of these guys (Cowher, Shanahan) the Bills are going after. I much prefer a GM and HC to be two different people, but on the same page. This quote from AJ is the reason why I think it should be Nix at GM and Schottenheimer as HC and I'd pay him $5-$6 million to do the job.

Gruden, Shannahan, Cowher, and Holmgren will not come to Buffalo. Ralph is going to embarass himself for asking. The two guys I would target and would legitimely come to Buffalo are Billick and Schotteheimer IMO. They would be good fits.

You are wrong. Buffalo would be a very attractive place for Gruden, Shannahan, Cowher and Holmgren. You just don't know what you are talking about. Schottenheimer gets fired where ever he goes because he causes problems with every front office he has worked for. That sounds like a good fit? He's a great coach, but he's also the T.O. of coaches.

Gruden, Shannahan, Cowher, and Holmgren will not come to Buffalo. Ralph is going to embarass himself for asking.

Please explain how Ralph embrasses himself by trying hire any of these guys?

The two guys I would target and would legitimely come to Buffalo are Billick and Schotteheimer IMO. They would be good fits.

Marty is far and away my first choice. I'd throw a big party and bongo naked if Marty were hired! The party would not end for 40 days and 40 nights. I could dig seeing Brian Billick also though.

I would back Marty.

If we get bounced from the first round of the playoffs for three years, cry me a river.

I think Dan Reeves would be a good choice, too.

Dan's my first choice. Marty second. And a whole rabble of victims after that including Jim Fassel, Brian Billick, Mike Holgren, Gruden, Shanahan, Cowher, Bill Calahan, Jim Harbaugh, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Dan's my first choice. Marty second. And a whole rabble of victims after that including Jim Fassel, Brian Billick, Mike Holgren, Gruden, Shanahan, Cowher, Bill Calahan, Jim Harbaugh, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Didn't you just say two posts earlier that Marty was far and away your first choice?