DMQ

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
On NFL Total Access it was just reported by Jason La Canfora that the Bills have contacted Bill Cowher.

Nice!

I would hope so, awesome :)

Really? Ehh?

Who would get a wow from you?

To be honest I would be happy with Cowher. I'd personaly prefer Marty myself, as I feel he's done more with teams in similar need of building an identity, ala the Browns,Chiefs,Chargers. Where as I feel Cowher was more a product of the structure set up in Pittsburgh, and needs more around him in order to excell. I would be happier then hell if getting Cowher meant getting Dick Lebeau in here as well. I have no ideal hc candidate right now. Honestly more so than a hc I'd be happiest if the entire front office is re-staffed with football savvy individuals, and not the inner Circle of Trust.

When you tell a team, "when the season is over", what you're really saying, is that you'd rather coach for other teams. It's slightly better than saying "no", because at least this means if the only teams to fire a coach are Washington, Cleveland and the likes, we may somehow still be the best option.

Are you kidding me? So, what exactly then, would get you excited?

I'm not saying I dislike Cowher, I'm just not enamored with the guy. He'd be an obvious great upgrade, but we're talking about say Cowher with the level of assistant coaches we have now, or Marty with the level of assistant coaches we have now. Then I'll take Marty. I'm sorry if this offends anyone lol.

When you tell a team, "when the season is over", what you're really saying, is that you'd rather coach for other teams. It's slightly better than saying "no", because at least this means if the only teams to fire a coach are Washington, Cleveland and the likes, we may somehow still be the best option.

Agreed. I'll say this much: At least the Bills are trying. It has to be a two-way street, though, with the big names they're chasing wanting to come here.

Guest dog14787

Or you would like to see all the possible choices so you can pick the top team available.

10 million a year must spark a little interest in Bill Cohwer wouldn't you think.

Yeah, or, let's wait until the end of the season so that everyone bidding for his services will jack his price up even more. Washington and Dallas bidding against each other would be brutal and mean Cowher's pockets get stuffed even more.

I would obviously love to have Cowher, but I'd like Shanahan even more. I hope somehow a miracle is performed and the Bills get Shanny.

Although I like Cowher (i.e. I hated him as Pittsburgh's Coach) One thing that I'm troubled by was his overestimation of Kordell Stewart's ability as QB.

Well, Stewart was a onetime MVP candidate who helped lead the Steelers to the AFC title game in 2001, not to mention some other playoff appearances. He wasn't a complete waste.