Cowher Contacted By Bills

DMQ

Shoot, I'd take the "Chin" over most others, he would make the Bills a winner.

This franchise needs an offensive overhaul, but I'd think Cowher is smart enough to find the proper talented assistant coaches and he is a shrewd player talent evaluator.

I highly doubt he will take anything other then the Carolina job tho.

I thought we stopped calling him "chin" since he had the 40 extra teeth put into his mouth. I thought his new name was "Tooth".

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Really ? Was there really any reason to convert Kordell Stewart from WR to QB ? I argue that the switch eventually ended Stewart's career when he could have excelled as a Reggie Bush-type player.

I happen to fall into the camp who is anti-Cowher and am relieved that he declined a meeting. It took a steady stream of pro-bowlers (drafted by their organization) to make him look good. I think a better coach, in the same 15 year period, would have won 1-2 more Superbowls with the talent they had.

Your joking right?

Cowher, 15 years head coach, 9 division championships, 2 conference championships and one super bowl.

So YOU think Cowher wouldn't be good enough to be hired as the next Bills head coach?

About the only person on the planet that "might" be a better choice for a head coach is Mike Shanahan.

Yes, there was a reason. Stewart was going off saying he wanted to play QB & promising to act like an ass if not given the chance to play QB. Cowher got another year out of him in the slash role by promising he would get a chance at QB the next year.

Lets assume you are correct. So Cowher's jutting jaw is just for show ? He could not tell his player to STFU and play WR ? If Stewart played the petulant child role, he should have benched and released. That did not happen, implying that in reality Cowher is a spineless coach who cannot control a WR on his team.

The other possibility is what I presented - that Cowher thought it was a good idea. Which turned out rather badly for the Steelers and ultimately for Stewart.

Either way, I don't like him.

Your joking right?

Cowher, 15 years head coach, 9 division championships, 2 conference championships and one super bowl.

So YOU think Cowher wouldn't be good enough to be hired as the next Bills head coach?

About the only person on the planet that "might" be a better choice for a head coach is Mike Shanahan.

No actually what I am saying is that he is not good enough to be hired as any team's head coach. Agree with you on Shanahan.

some rumors state that CowHead wants to goto a potential contender. What does it tell you when you hear that a candidate only wants to coach for a team that can be turned into a contender in one year?

Is that really the king of HC you want? Where is their devotion to building a great franchise?

if that is true, that leaves us out of the running for his services.

Your joking right?

Cowher always depended on the assistants he had more than many of the other great coaches. Look at Belicheat*, he keeps losing assistant coaches and still is successful. Cowher never has proven that he could do that. Dick LeBeau has been suggested for the HOF based on his innovativeness and success as a DC. Would Cowher have been able to win the SB without LeBeau? Also, Pittsburgh has a whole tradition of drafting certain kinds of players and having a style which Cowher excelled at maintaining and even improving. How does that all play out in another city without the Steelers system and tradition. I see Cowher as more of a Mike Ditka figure, big success and a SB win in Chicago with Buddy Ryan running the defense, but no success later with the Saints when he had to try to recreate the whole thing from scratch without Ryan.

Maybe I am way off, but I think Graham is mistating this. Cowher declined because, as has been reported numerous times, he wants to wait until after the season to discuss any Head coaching opportunities. Even Graham's article says that Cowher denied a meeting for now. That does not mean he is not interested and does not mean he won't meet with the Bills at the end of the season. Shanahan said that he won't make a decision until aster the season, but he is willing to have a meeting now. Unless Tim has more info, I think this is much ado about nothing.

The thing I liked most about the NFL report on the Bills and Cowher was that Cowher wants to coach only, no front office duties. That is what I want from the next coach. Hire a GM to be GM and a Coach to coach. I would love Cowher here, I would be happy with Shanhan, Dungy or Holmgren. I'd be fine with Mariucci, Billick or Fassel. I would be disappointed with anyone else(unless we get a kick ass GM and he brings in a young energetic coach, I would be OK with that too).

:wallbash:

Maybe I am way off, but I think Graham is mistating this. Cowher declined because, as has been reported numerous times, he wants to wait until after the season to discuss any Head coaching opportunities. Even Graham's article says that Cowher denied a meeting for now. That does not mean he is not interested and does not mean he won't meet with the Bills at the end of the season. Shanahan said that he won't make a decision until aster the season, but he is willing to have a meeting now. Unless Tim has more info, I think this is much ado about nothing.

The thing I liked most about the NFL report on the Bills and Cowher was that Cowher wants to coach only, no front office duties. That is what I want from the next coach. Hire a GM to be GM and a Coach to coach. I would love Cowher here, I would be happy with Shanhan, Dungy or Holmgren. I'd be fine with Mariucci, Billick or Fassel. I would be disappointed with anyone else(unless we get a kick ass GM and he brings in a young energetic coach, I would be OK with that too).

Hey! How about this? We shock the football world by rehiring Tom Donahoe and then Bill Cowher the same day. As the two are reunited, we let them fight it out for the power. Donahoe trying to get him arrested for protesting and Bill trying to drown Tom by spitting on him. Naw, forget it!

cnnsi truth and rumors

this time they're saying he's going to either Houston or Chicago.

all of these rumors are really starting to get irritating because they are all over the map.

personally i think that a majority of these are being started by either the coaches, their agents or both.

it's a great opportunity to drive up their contract price by starting a bidding war between teams desperate for a big name coach.

i don't believe the Bills are out there throwing numbers around either, it's like going to buy a car wearing a jacket made of $1000 bills.