Geico Play of the Day???

muffmonster

Did anybody see the Geico Play of the Day yesterday? They announced it after the Jets/Pats game. Yes the most amazing play of yesterday afternoon was a 5 yard TD pass from Drew Brees to Meacham. Can anyone explain to me why that play was so amazing? It wasn't even a game winning play. How about a 98 yard TO TD, Jamal Charles Kick off TD, or any other myriad of plays?

I was flabbergasted by that too. There were two Overtime games yesterday, none of them had big plays? What about the Colts getting a late INT to seal the deal against the Ravens? How about the Raiders scoring 10 points in 8 seconds to upset the Bengals?

Did anybody see the Geico Play of the Day yesterday? They announced it after the Jets/Pats game. Yes the most amazing play of yesterday afternoon was a 5 yard TD pass from Drew Brees to Meacham. Can anyone explain to me why that play was so amazing? It wasn't even a game winning play. How about a 98 yard TO TD, Jamal Charles Kick off TD, or any other myriad of plays?

ah, that's because GEICO s-u-c-k-s!

I am going to have to look that up, I didn't watch much of the late game.

The funny part was you didn't see it on the original play, but they showed the slow motion replay from another angle and there was Devin, mooning millions of viewers (not his fault) - so bad that the guys in the booth didn't say anything - they just let it slide.

Here's the Video

If you listened to the entire thing, they also said "to get the Saints to 10-0 for the first time in their history" or words to that affect. I'm assuming that was the "game winning" TD. What did you expect, the 98 yard TO score in a fairly meaningless game? :lol:

It was a 5 yard pass from Brees to Meacham against a horrible Tampa Bay team. Wow spectacular. The game wasn't close or down to the wire. I am not questioning this because Owens wasn't selected, there had to be 15 other exciting plays, as stated before 2 games went to OT...how about the chambers reception to stun the Steelers? It just seems like they jumped the Saints stroking bandwagon.

To me a play of the day is either extraordinary (pass, catch, run) or actually wins a close game. That pass was neither.

It was a 5 yard pass from Brees to Meacham against a horrible Tampa Bay team. Wow spectacular. The game wasn't close or down to the wire. I am not questioning this because Owens wasn't selected, there had to be 15 other exciting plays, as stated before 2 games went to OT...how about the chambers reception to stun the Steelers? It just seems like they jumped the Saints stroking bandwagon.

To me a play of the day is either extraordinary (pass, catch, run) or actually wins a close game. That pass was neither.

Think outside the single-game box. This win got them to 10-0 for the first time ever. This play (presumably, I didn't see the game) was the game winner for them. So in their mind this play produced something 'extraordinary'. Why else would they show that little dink pass in a ass-kick game? :lol: It doesn't necessarily have to be restricted to a "extraordinary (pass, catch, run) or actually wins a close game" to them I guess.