worst football injury I've seen

Thirdborn

BTW, I'm not old enough to remember what happened to Bills RB Roger Kochman in 1963 when he dislocated his knee so badly all the blood vessels and nerves were torn, but it was described by many Bills vets as the most horrific injury they'd ever seen. He almost lost his leg.

That sounds like the injury Napoleon McCallum had for the Raiders. They had to rush him to the hospital for emergency surgery to stop the internal bleeding in the knee. They almost amputated the leg...

I was at the game where Theismann had his leg broken...we were in the end zone and with all the bodies in the pileup, we didn't see how bad it was. I remember LT jumping up and down trying to get the Skins' medical staff on the field.

Also remember looking in the binocs up at Jack Kent Cooke's box and you could see all the commotion going on...his wife (girlfriend?) at the time was Cathy Lee Crosby and you could see her and others scampering around, visably shaken.

Now after seeing Woods and all these other ones, I looked at Theisman's and I thought that would be the worst, but it's about the same as Woods.......That one last year where the college player ran into the cart was very ugly.

Kelly throws an interception against the Falcons, runs the guy down and plants his helmet on the side of the guys leg.

Leg snaps in half and his foot touches his outer thigh.

anyone know who this was and if he ever played again?

I don't remember seeing that, but I would have to rank McGahee's swinging knee in the national championship game up there with the worst...

Kelly throws an interception against the Falcons, runs the guy down and plants his helmet on the side of the guys leg.

Leg snaps in half and his foot touches his outer thigh.

anyone know who this was and if he ever played again?

I was talking to a fellow Buffalo fan on the phone when it happened. I wasn't paying close attention, so remarked, "That will teach him to intercept Kelly." I hear gagging noises on the phone before my friend replies,, "Did you see what happened? His leg wrapped around his other leg." I looked up to see the replay. I honestly couldn't watch football for a couple of weeks.

I remember Theisman, Krumrie, McCallum, Anthony Phillips & McGahee. Those were all very brutal.

I think Theisman is still the worst, although it was shocking to watch Phillips' leg moving every way a leg should not be moving. I felt terrible for McGahee too, my first reaction after I saw the replay was, he may never play football again.

Eric Wood's injury was quite similar to Theisman's, very difficult to watch. I pray that Wood will be alright. Seeing the pain on his face as he was being carried off the field is just as bad as seeing his leg get crushed.

Another moment that no one has mentioned yet was when Don Beebe had his leg broken in the 1990 season against the Dolphins. IIRC he took a helmet in the back of his leg and it was not a pretty sight. Some people thought his career was over after that, thankfully it was'nt.