Fitz confirmed starter vs. Jax

Dan III

Hmmm, just interesting. Other than the last series, I did not think Edwards played nearly his worst game last weekend. We've seen so much worse out of him so I can only believe that his benching is due to his total body of work. Fitz was not overly impressive but he's better at ball security than Trent and he's the more respected leader in the huddle. I guess they are turning the page on Trent.

Also, Fitz beat the Jags last season!

Guest dog14787
I wonder if this is what the players wanted? Fitz has not looked better than Edwards. TO & Reed argued with the coaches about Edwards not seeing the same read from the defense, so I'm wondering if that played into the decision to start Fitz?

I have zero idea what anyone seen in Fitpatricks play that suggests he should start over Edwards.

Boneheaded move in my opinion, but Buffalo might as well stay true to form until the new regime comes in.

I have zero idea what anyone seen in Fitpatricks play that suggests he should start over Edwards.

Boneheaded move in my opinion, but Buffalo might as well stay true to form until the new regime comes in.

They are setting up Trent to be the hero after they pull Fitz. Either way, they are just rearranging the deck chairs.

I doubt this move makes a huge difference but it might? you never know how the players feel in the lockerroom. Players might have really lobbied for Fitz. Fewell might think that Trent is a total wuss. The one interview i saw with Hangartner a few weeks ago, you could tell he respected Fitz over Trent.

Hmmm, just interesting. Other than the last series, I did not think Edwards played nearly his worst game last weekend. We've seen so much worse out of him so I can only believe that his benching is due to his total body of work. Fitz was not overly impressive but he's better at ball security than Trent and he's the more respected leader in the huddle. I guess they are turning the page on Trent.

So did Trent.

I have to agree though, this doesn't look good for Edwards' future here. He may still be suffering post-concussion effects. IIRC, we gave a longer leash to Losman..

Guest dog14787
I doubt this move makes a huge difference but it might? you never know how the players feel in the lockerroom. Players might have really lobbied for Fitz. Fewell might think that Trent is a total wuss. The one interview i saw with Hangartner a few weeks ago, you could tell he respected Fitz over Trent.

I wonder how much T.O. has to do with all this, its a great way for him to start lobbying for bringing Dungy and Michael Vick into Buffalo which the idea totally sucks to me :unsure:

So did Trent.

I hate this move. Fitzpatrick is not at all the long-term answer. It's pretty clear Trent isn't either, but this has the smell of a move being made by a team that thinks it has a shot at the playoffs, which we don't. Are they just trying to please TO? Who cares what that guy thinks, he's gone after 7 more games.

Guest dog14787
Fitz may not be the answer, i doubt he is, but can anyone with a brain say that TE deserves to be the starter?

Compared to Hamdan and Fitzpatrick, are you kidding me. Did folks even watch Fitzpatricks last game, good grief. :unsure:

Guest dog14787
So did Trent.

I hate this move. Fitzpatrick is not at all the long-term answer. It's pretty clear Trent isn't either, but this has the smell of a move being made by a team that thinks it has a shot at the playoffs, which we don't. Are they just trying to please TO? Who cares what that guy thinks, he's gone after 7 more games.

T.O. sucks :unsure:

Guest dog14787
Against the Texans, Fitz was terrible.

Fitz didn't show any improvement after a couple of starts, it almost looked like he got worse.

Fitz didn't show any improvement after a couple of starts, it almost looked like he got worse.

In all fairness to Fitz AND Trent, the longer you're behind a line where you have to watch your back, the more it gets in your head. These guys are running around out there trying not to get killed. The only difference is Fitz has still tried to make throws to WIN the game where Trent would always take the sure fire 2 yard play. For example, (I believe this was against the Panthers) the TD pass to Evans where it was a slant in the end zone between 2 defenders. Tight fit, but it was the kind of throw you want to see from your QB.