Fitz confirmed starter vs. Jax

Dan III

We're looking at 3-13 either way, so it matters little which poor sucker gets beat up behind this line. The next regime will make their own decisions about TE and RF, so who starts or plays matters not for the rest of this season. Persona;;y, I see no reason to pull Edwards, especially if it because that putz Owens is behind it.

In all fairness to Fitz AND Trent, the longer you're behind a line where you have to watch your back, the more it gets in your head. These guys are running around out there trying not to get killed. The only difference is Fitz has still tried to make throws to WIN the game where Trent would always take the sure fire 2 yard play. For example, (I believe this was against the Panthers) the TD pass to Evans where it was a slant in the end zone between 2 defenders. Tight fit, but it was the kind of throw you want to see from your QB.

In all fairness to Fitz AND Trent....the more you play, the harder it gets for a QB. Teams gameplan around your strengths and weaknesses. Some QB's like Schaub, Flacco and Rivers get better,,, some stay the same or get worse like Trent. Others elevate their teams to the highest level (Brady, Manning, Brees).

I don;t think either Fitz or Trent could be the longterm starter b/c they can't elevate their game. As for Fitz, you just don't want him to screw up much.

In all fairness to Fitz AND Trent, the longer you're behind a line where you have to watch your back, the more it gets in your head. These guys are running around out there trying not to get killed. The only difference is Fitz has still tried to make throws to WIN the game where Trent would always take the sure fire 2 yard play. For example, (I believe this was against the Panthers) the TD pass to Evans where it was a slant in the end zone between 2 defenders. Tight fit, but it was the kind of throw you want to see from your QB.

I think this is pretty much right. Trent's not trying to make the throws and he's not evading pressure at all. It just seems he cannot get on the same page with receivers unless its a route 10 yards or less or is a streaking deep ball straight down the sideline. Something really bad must have shown up in the film.

The Titans have been terrible in their secondary this season - I have to think that there must have been people running free all over the field in the 2nd half and he just not looking (or only pretending to look).

Seriously, maybe TE really is suffering from post concussion syndrome, loss of concentration and memory is common and can last several months...maybe that 's why he didn't make the same reads as TO and Reed...his brain is still scrambled and they decided it's safer to go with Fitz.

In all fairness to Fitz AND Trent....the more you play, the harder it gets for a QB. Teams gameplan around your strengths and weaknesses. Some QB's like Schaub, Flacco and Rivers get better,,, some stay the same or get worse like Trent. Others elevate their teams to the highest level (Brady, Manning, Brees).

I don;t think either Fitz or Trent could be the longterm starter b/c they can't elevate their game. As for Fitz, you just don't want him to screw up much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying either guy should be a long term starter. I'm just saying I can understand why the decision to play Fitz over Trent makes more sense even though Trent may have more overall talent.

Edit: Also, they share the same weakness of an O-Line which can't effectively handle a pass rush.

Seriously, maybe TE really is suffering from post concussion syndrome, loss of concentration and memory is common and can last several months...maybe that 's why he didn't make the same reads as TO and Reed...his brain is still scrambled and they decided it's safer to go with Fitz.

Although it pains me to say it, you are wise.

:unsure:

I was thinking the same thing. Also the way he was clutching his head on the sideline looked like may have been more than just frustration.

Fitz may not be the answer, i doubt he is, but can anyone with a brain say that TE deserves to be the starter?

In my view, there are perhaps only a handful of people that "deserve" to start on this team.

I do believe that Trent "deserves" an opportunity to start behind a quality NFL offensive line (or at least one that is not going to be one of the league leaders in QB hits). Obviously, no Buffalo Bills QB will have that opportunity this year.

Having said that, whoever the "braintrust" decides should be the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills on opening day 2010, they sure as sh*t better have an NFL quality offensive line in front of him. Otherwise, we are just kidding ourselves as we have been for so many years.

As someone else mentioned in a post about a week ago, we have built this team backward. It would be idiotic to draft a QB high in the draft in 2010. First, I doubt that any of them deserve to be picked where we will be drafting with our first pick. Second, we have much bigger needs at offensive line, linebacker, and defensive line.

My two cents.