The Best OC to save TE's career???

RokpileR

Get the torches ready:

Norm Chow, OC UCLA. What I don't understand is how he has managed to fly under the radar all these years. From Jim McMahon, and Steve Young to Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers, Matt Leinhart to Vince Young..(when he led his team to 8-5) Norm Chow has coached them all. BYU, USC TENN Titans, and now UCLA. In fact, as OC at TENN, he directed an offense that was banged up and filled with rookies. In 2005, Tennessee ranked ninth in the NFL in passing and ranked 17th overall in offense. The group of rookie receivers (WR Brandon Jones, WR Roydell Williams, WR Courtney Roby and TE Bo Scaife) became the first quartet of rookie receivers since the 1968 Buffalo Bills to each record at least 20 receptions in a season. Scaife would also establish a new rookie tight end franchise mark for receptions with 37. (we remember Scaife don't we?)

In 2006, Vince Young, then a rookie quarterback from Texas, took over the offense during the fourth week of the season. He led the team to an 8-5 record, earned Rookie of the Year honors (only the second quarterback to win AP Offensive Rookie of the Year) and became the first rookie quarterback to play in the Pro Bowl. Young earned all of the headlines, but it was the running game that drove the offense as the Titans finished fifth in the league in rushing, amassing the sixth highest rushing total in franchise history (2,214 yards) and the highest yards per carry in franchise history (4.7). In 2007 the team only finished 10-6 earning a playoff berth.

Norm Chow has done nothing but guide successful offenses and develop National Title and Heisman Trophy winning qb's. At the helm of USC's offense, Chow directed an attack that ranked in the nation's top 20 in total offense in each of his final three seasons, tutored two Heisman trophy winning quarterbacks (Palmer in 2002 and Leinart in 2004) and won two national titles. The Trojans were 42-9 during his four seasons, 36-3 in the final three.

I don't know how I feel about him as a HC prospect, but I cannot imagine a more perfect fit as Buffalo's next offensive coordinator, and Trent Edwards' mentor.

No, I am not his agent, friend, school chum, colleague or former player. This guys resume reads like a "who's who" of football coaches.

...... as previously posted on this forum many times.....

GIT ER DONE RUSS......

Get the torches ready:

Norm Chow, OC UCLA. What I don't understand is how he has managed to fly under the radar all these years. From Jim McMahon, and Steve Young to Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers, Matt Leinhart to Vince Young..(when he led his team to 8-5) Norm Chow has coached them all. BYU, USC TENN Titans, and now UCLA. In fact, as OC at TENN, he directed an offense that was banged up and filled with rookies. In 2005, Tennessee ranked ninth in the NFL in passing and ranked 17th overall in offense. The group of rookie receivers (WR Brandon Jones, WR Roydell Williams, WR Courtney Roby and TE Bo Scaife) became the first quartet of rookie receivers since the 1968 Buffalo Bills to each record at least 20 receptions in a season. Scaife would also establish a new rookie tight end franchise mark for receptions with 37. (we remember Scaife don't we?)

In 2006, Vince Young, then a rookie quarterback from Texas, took over the offense during the fourth week of the season. He led the team to an 8-5 record, earned Rookie of the Year honors (only the second quarterback to win AP Offensive Rookie of the Year) and became the first rookie quarterback to play in the Pro Bowl. Young earned all of the headlines, but it was the running game that drove the offense as the Titans finished fifth in the league in rushing, amassing the sixth highest rushing total in franchise history (2,214 yards) and the highest yards per carry in franchise history (4.7). In 2007 the team only finished 10-6 earning a playoff berth.

Norm Chow has done nothing but guide successful offenses and develop National Title and Heisman Trophy winning qb's. At the helm of USC's offense, Chow directed an attack that ranked in the nation's top 20 in total offense in each of his final three seasons, tutored two Heisman trophy winning quarterbacks (Palmer in 2002 and Leinart in 2004) and won two national titles. The Trojans were 42-9 during his four seasons, 36-3 in the final three.

I don't know how I feel about him as a HC prospect, but I cannot imagine a more perfect fit as Buffalo's next offensive coordinator, and Trent Edwards' mentor.

No, I am not his agent, friend, school chum, colleague or former player. This guys resume reads like a "who's who" of football coaches.

GIT ER DONE RUSS......

hahahahahahaha...people still think Trent can be saved...priceless

Get the torches ready:

GIT ER DONE RUSS......

I see where you're coming from, but is it that hard for an Offensive coach at USC to produce good QB's? They get their pick of the cream of the crop and have THE BEST players around them at EVERY position.

Vince Young has intangibles you just can't teach, he did a lot of that with a great defense and his pure will to win with his god given ability.

Because they both suck.... :unsure:

The same was said about a guy named..Brett Farve, who as jettisoned from Atlanta. Then there was Steve Young, first round pick of the Tampa Bay Bucs. Did I mention a certain Darryl Lamonica? All of these guys SUCKED too. Has anyone seen Joe Montana's stats from his 1st 5 years in the NFL? Or was it Terry Bradshaw? And then there is the "ole what'shisname" qb currently of the Phoenix Cards. Hmm talk about BIG SUCK!!! oh..and then he got a coach...imagine HIS surprise when he landed in St. Louis with the Rams. That super bowl must have been fun to win. Nobody wanted Drew Brees...he was cut.. CUT... who was it that coached his replacement at North Carolina State??? Yep...Norm Chow.

So yeah, I guess I am definitely one of a scant few who believe it is also coaching that can make or break a qb. In Trent's case, I believe it more so. Can't imagine what would have happened to Dan Marino in Seattle, or Oakland, or worse (Baltimore - colts at the time). The Jim Kellys, Dan Fouts and John Elways are not a dime a dozen, they are rare breeds who come along every so often. Teams that can take a Tom Brady, Joe Falco, Donovan McNabb or Matt Shaub and coach them to a high level are the teams who will be successful year in and year out.

btw... you should have a Dr. look at your forehead. I hear banging ones head against a brick wall can have damaging affects. :-)

I see where you're coming from, but is it that hard for an Offensive coach at USC to produce good QB's? They get their pick of the cream of the crop and have THE BEST players around them at EVERY position.

Vince Young has intangibles you just can't teach, he did a lot of that with a great defense and his pure will to win with his god given ability.

If USC were the only school? Yes, I could see your point. But Chow did the same at BYU, USC, North Carolina State, UCLA and Tenn. If this guy is following the cream of the crop qb's, then we need him as GM, or head scout because he SURE CAN PICK em'

hahahahahahaha...people still think Trent can be saved...priceless

I am sure the Atlanta fans were laughing too when Brett Farve was shipped off to Green Bay, because HE SUCKED. :-)

Bet they were saying... hahahahahahahahaha.... people still think Brett can be saved...priceless.

The hope for this team going forward is a complete overhaul from the top down. Jauron is out and hopefully more to come. Edwards is ripe with Jauron stink so he as well needs to go. I do not think Edwards is an NFL QB, but if somehow he went to another team and became the next Favre then good for him.

Well , a lot of people here think that JP can still be resurrected. So why not Trent lol.

They both suck but I believe JP has more upside than Trent.

Trent is what he is and that's not very good, he's had ample opportunity to prove he is/was a better option than JP and to this day has yet to prove that.

I believe JP has the ability to get better. Would that ever happen, doubt it but who knows, he has been making strides under Fassel this year though.

The same was said about a guy named..Brett Farve, who as jettisoned from Atlanta.

Favre lasted exactly one year in Atlanta before he got traded for a FIRST ROUND PICK.

Further, the Falcons had just finished a season posting a 10-6 record, going 1-1 in the playoffs.

Call me crazy, Favre was probably traded because the Falcons felt they had their QB, and some other team was coughing up a FIRST ROUND pick.

Favre was NOT "jettisoned" from Atlanta.

Then there was Steve Young, first round pick of the Tampa Bay Bucs. Did I mention a certain Darryl Lamonica? All of these guys SUCKED too. Has anyone seen Joe Montana's stats from his 1st 5 years in the NFL?

Montana won a SB in his third year.

Or was it Terry Bradshaw? And then there is the "ole what'shisname" qb currently of the Phoenix Cards. Hmm talk about BIG SUCK!!! oh..and then he got a coach...imagine HIS surprise when he landed in St. Louis with the Rams. That super bowl must have been fun to win. Nobody wanted Drew Brees...he was cut.. CUT... who was it that coached his replacement at North Carolina State??? Yep...Norm Chow.

Brees was released because of his shoulder. It had nothing to do with his performance, or perceived lack of.

So yeah, I guess I am definitely one of a scant few who believe it is also coaching that can make or break a qb. In Trent's case, I believe it more so. Can't imagine what would have happened to Dan Marino in Seattle, or Oakland, or worse (Baltimore - colts at the time). The Jim Kellys, Dan Fouts and John Elways are not a dime a dozen, they are rare breeds who come along every so often. Teams that can take a Tom Brady, Joe Falco, Donovan McNabb or Matt Shaub and coach them to a high level are the teams who will be successful year in and year out.

The day Edwards shows he can run and manage a pop warner offense with success is the day I might believe that. Expecting him to run a more complex system is asking for disaster.

Even with a dumbed down O, Edwards still looks lost, confused, and generally shows very little passion in playing.

Does he even understand the concept of "communication"?

The same was said about a guy named..Brett Farve, who as jettisoned from Atlanta. Then there was Steve Young, first round pick of the Tampa Bay Bucs. Did I mention a certain Darryl Lamonica? All of these guys SUCKED too. Has anyone seen Joe Montana's stats from his 1st 5 years in the NFL? Or was it Terry Bradshaw? And then there is the "ole what'shisname" qb currently of the Phoenix Cards. Hmm talk about BIG SUCK!!! oh..and then he got a coach...imagine HIS surprise when he landed in St. Louis with the Rams. That super bowl must have been fun to win. Nobody wanted Drew Brees...he was cut.. CUT... who was it that coached his replacement at North Carolina State??? Yep...Norm Chow.

btw... you should have a Dr. look at your forehead. I hear banging ones head against a brick wall can have damaging affects. :-)

hahahahahahahahhahaha

WTF? Montanna turned his team around and won a SB in his first 3 years with the team...what the hell are you talking about?

Warner was a stud from the first game he played in St Louis, no one said he sucked, again what the hell are you talking about?

Farve was traded before he played a game to GB after his ROOKIE season for a FIRST ROUND PICK and then came in and had a great first year with GB...again what the hell are you talking about?

Young was on the worst team in NFL history where he was only on it for 2 years before he went to SF.

WTF are are you talking about Drew Brees? He had a line of teams that wanted him but were unsure about his very SERIOUS shoulder injury he suffered on the last play of the season in SD that needed surgery and he had just had a great season in SD...something our QB's have never had.

LMAO at your lame attempt at NFL history...ROFLMAO at how you just tried to lump JP and Trent into the same category as some of the greatest QB's to ever play the game...the crap gets deep on this board...

They both suck but I believe JP has more upside than Trent.

Trent is what he is and that's not very good, he's had ample opportunity to prove he is/was a better option than JP and to this day has yet to prove that.

I believe JP has the ability to get better. Would that ever happen, doubt it but who knows, he has been making strides under Fassel this year though.

jp is a failure . plain and simple.