The Best OC to save TE's career???

RokpileR

My God wake up! Trent would have NEVER been a starter in this league if not for Jauron. He SUCKS. He is nothing more than a one to two game manager if a real starter goes down.

Let's put it this way. He's on the verge of being replaced by the guy that holds the worst yards/attempt average for a QB ever and in a league where everything is tilted towards the offense and explosive plays.

Stick a fork in him.

Get the torches ready:

Norm Chow, OC UCLA. What I don't understand is how he has managed to fly under the radar all these years. From Jim McMahon, and Steve Young to Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers, Matt Leinhart to Vince Young..(when he led his team to 8-5) Norm Chow has coached them all. BYU, USC TENN Titans, and now UCLA. In fact, as OC at TENN, he directed an offense that was banged up and filled with rookies. In 2005, Tennessee ranked ninth in the NFL in passing and ranked 17th overall in offense. The group of rookie receivers (WR Brandon Jones, WR Roydell Williams, WR Courtney Roby and TE Bo Scaife) became the first quartet of rookie receivers since the 1968 Buffalo Bills to each record at least 20 receptions in a season. Scaife would also establish a new rookie tight end franchise mark for receptions with 37. (we remember Scaife don't we?)

In 2006, Vince Young, then a rookie quarterback from Texas, took over the offense during the fourth week of the season. He led the team to an 8-5 record, earned Rookie of the Year honors (only the second quarterback to win AP Offensive Rookie of the Year) and became the first rookie quarterback to play in the Pro Bowl. Young earned all of the headlines, but it was the running game that drove the offense as the Titans finished fifth in the league in rushing, amassing the sixth highest rushing total in franchise history (2,214 yards) and the highest yards per carry in franchise history (4.7). In 2007 the team only finished 10-6 earning a playoff berth.

Norm Chow has done nothing but guide successful offenses and develop National Title and Heisman Trophy winning qb's. At the helm of USC's offense, Chow directed an attack that ranked in the nation's top 20 in total offense in each of his final three seasons, tutored two Heisman trophy winning quarterbacks (Palmer in 2002 and Leinart in 2004) and won two national titles. The Trojans were 42-9 during his four seasons, 36-3 in the final three.

I don't know how I feel about him as a HC prospect, but I cannot imagine a more perfect fit as Buffalo's next offensive coordinator, and Trent Edwards' mentor.

No, I am not his agent, friend, school chum, colleague or former player. This guys resume reads like a "who's who" of football coaches.

...... as previously posted on this forum many times.....

GIT ER DONE RUSS......

Trent Would be a good Qb on another team preferably in the warmer environments or a dome. I have said this numerous of times he is not a BUFFALO QB and this team has not picked up anyone capble of bieng a BUFFALO QB since Bledsoe. You have to have a strong arms to throw balls in NOV/DEC/JAN in BUF is balls float way too much to be effective in this weather you cannot teach arm strength.

The best OC to save Trent's career would have to be Jesus!!! I heard he can raise things from the dead!

Time to move on from Trent. We need a QB with the 3 B's.

Big Arm!

Brains!

Balls!

Trent has a poor arm, a point that some respectably argue. More importantly Trent has little confidence to use what arm he does have and has poor accuracy when he does decide to throw it over 10 yards in the air. I understand there are still some hangers on that don't think that they could have been so wrong about Trent and think that somehow it all has to be the coaching staff's fault.

If you really think the coaching staff made Trent that way and instructed him to NOT take shots at WR when they were open down field no amount of logic from me is going to dispel that fantasy. If you truly believe the coaching staff, not Trent, is responsible for his lack of accuracy and haven't at least made every attempt to correct his problems there is no help for you.

New regime, new QB! Let's not waste another year on the Trentative experiment.

They both suck but I believe JP has more upside than Trent.

Trent is what he is and that's not very good, he's had ample opportunity to prove he is/was a better option than JP and to this day has yet to prove that.

I believe JP has the ability to get better. Would that ever happen, doubt it but who knows, he has been making strides under Fassel this year though.

He's playing against minor league competition. That's not making strides, its called a drop in class in horse racing. He still makes too many mistakes, and holds onto the ball too long, which causes too many sacks. Last week after a play that JP got sacked, McGuire was practically yelling at him on the air for taking a stupid sack by not getting rid of the ball. Do you know what the UFL announcers have been commending JP for once in a while? -When he checks down-something Edwards has already mastered. The only reason that JP has the ability to get better is because he's so bad. That doesn't ever mean he actually will get better, just that there is so much room for improvement. I've seen him playing all year in the UFL & factoring in the drop in level of competition, I can say he's not one iota better than when he played with the Bills.

As for Edwards, like JP, he's now a part of Bills' history and for all intents & purposes, totally irrelevant.

The thing JP lovers who have blamed Bills coaches always fail to bring up is that JP had one of the most respected coaches for developing QBs in the business, Sam Wyche, and he couldn't learn squat from him and these idiots say the Bills coaching ruined JP. :lol: