Theory on why Jauron was fired this week

fairfaxbill

The timing of Jauron's firing is curious. If he wasn't going to be fired before the bye week, why do it now before a road game?

One theory I'm thinking about is Ralph Wilson wants desperately for Trent Edwards to be his QB this year and next year. Jauron's contemplation of inserting Fitzpatrick as a starter blows that strategy.

I want the Bills to take a young QB at the top of the draft, but I'm realizing there is no way that happens. Ralph won't pay $60 million for a Rookie QB. Ralph will wait for a Rookie salary cap in 2011 or 2012. Would not be surprised if Ralph completely trades out of the top of the draft this year after getting burned by Maybin's $25 million deal.

I'm guessing Edwards starts the rest of the season now that Jauron is gone. We will be trading that top 10 draft pick as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The timing of Jauron's firing is curious. If he wasn't going to be fired before the bye week, why do it now before a road game?

One theory I'm thinking about is Ralph Wilson wants desperately for Trent Edwards to be his QB this year and next year. Jauron's contemplation of inserting Fitzpatrick as a starter blows that strategy.

I want the Bills to take a young QB at the top of the draft, but I'm realizing there is no way that happens. Ralph won't pay $60 million for a Rookie QB. Ralph will wait for a Rookie salary cap in 2011 or 2012. Would not be surprised if Ralph completely trades out of the top of the draft this year after getting burned by Maybin's $25 million deal.

I'm guessing Edwards starts the rest of the season now that Jauron is gone. We will be trading that top 10 draft pick as well.

they passed on Rothlesberger when they coulda had him, qb crop doesnt look so good right now

Nope.

Fired DJ to sell tix next season, avoiding a boycott.

Maybin a bust? Can't say that yet. Maybe he does play some OLB now DJ bit the dust.

my theory is simply that they allowed Jauron the bye week to see if he could turn things around. clearly, he didn't.

I wouldn't.

Fair enough, agree to disagree. But look at a guy who looked like he shouldn't even be in the NFL a few years ago torching people all over the place in Drew Brees. He was so bad that he and Flutie alternated weeks until Rivers got there and held out. THEN he started to show what he was possible of now. Though the wailing and gnashing of teeth if that did happen with Edwards on another team would be hilarious to observe here...

Fair enough, agree to disagree. But look at a guy who looked like he shouldn't even be in the NFL a few years ago torching people all over the place in Drew Brees. He was so bad that he and Flutie alternated weeks until Rivers got there and held out. THEN he started to show what he was possible of now. Though the wailing and gnashing of teeth if that did happen with Edwards on another team would be hilarious to observe here...

TE reminds me of Rob Johnson.