Fitzpatrick expected to start

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is desperation move on Jauron's part to save his job, I think it is stupid. Reminiscent of the JP-Holcomb situation.

If it is because the coaches are convinced that either Trent has given up or has post-concussion problems then I am indifferent to this move.

My opinion is that if Trent is healthy, he should play

While I like Fitz more than Trent you need to play Trent to see if he can do anything.

You are not convinced yet?

How much more do you need to see?

Players complaining he's missing reads.

3 consecutive downs of the same passing play, 3 bad passes.

But you need to see more ...

What this tells you is how terrible Trent really is.....they went back, reviewed the tape and realized how many times he makes the wrong decision.

Listened to JK today on the radio and again he likes Trent personally so it is tough for him to say it, but Trent is just bad. Not making correct decisions at all. The plays are there, people are open he just is not getting it done.

What this tells me is that his days are numbered.

Really too bad as I thought his rookie year and at times last year he could be the solution but he has just tanked the last 20 games plus pre-season and if he is pulled for Fitz it means the coaches have seen enough too.

Well, you and I see eye to eye on this one. Universe, it's been nice knowin' ya! ;)

It IS a desperation move on Dick's part, no question about it.

What will be interesting to see is, after the Bills go to 3-7 and inch closer to being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, if the "win now" moves continue in week 11 or if the "let's see what we have on the roster" forces win out. To me that will be an indication of how widespread the feeling is in the front office that there will be a full housecleaning.

If you have any "juice" in the front office and are caclculating that you MIGHT have a future with the Bills, you try to justify your job by getting your picks on the field to show promise for next year. If you think you're about to be fired and your only hope is to win now, you advocate panic moves.

I know your post was not directed at me. But I have always been skeptical about Trent but wanted desperately for him to be the one so we get stability at that position. However, at this point, putting Fitz in does nothing at all unless Trent has totally given up on the game/Bills/season. If that is the case, then I would cut him outright a la Hobert.

It's possible that Edwards could be a late bloomer like Brees was in San Diego. If I'm not mistaken, Brees had 3 seasons in SD and looked bad. Once SD drafted Rivers, Brees turned it up and became a stellar QB. Edwards has shown some signs of promise, then again, signs of regression. Could it be from the concussions, bad offensive line, bad play calls, bad coaches or a combination of things? It's hard to say.

It IS a desperation move on Dick's part, no question about it.

What will be interesting to see is, after the Bills go to 3-7 and inch closer to being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, if the "win now" moves continue in week 11 or if the "let's see what we have on the roster" forces win out. To me that will be an indication of how widespread the feeling is in the front office that there will be a full housecleaning.

If you have any "juice" in the front office and are caclculating that you MIGHT have a future with the Bills, you try to justify your job by getting your picks on the field to show promise for next year. If you think you're about to be fired and your only hope is to win now, you advocate panic moves.

Desperation move? A desperation move would be signing Garcia off the street.

This is a move of submission.

Well, you and I see eye to eye on this one. Universe, it's been nice knowin' ya! ;)

Like I have said before:

We all are Bills fans. We all want the same thing. We just disagree on the path to get there.

And this time we happen to be on the same patch of road.

It's possible that Edwards could be a late bloomer like Brees was in San Diego. If I'm not mistaken, Brees had 3 seasons in SD and looked bad. Once SD drafted Rivers, Brees turned it up and became a stellar QB. Edwards has shown some signs of promise, then again, signs of regression. Could it be from the concussions, bad offensive line, bad play calls, bad coaches or a combination of things? It's hard to say.

edwards will never be good. No QB in the history of the NFL has become successful throwing ONLY floaters and short passes. Every good QB puts some mustard on the ball. Proven fact.

No.

What are these signs of promise you speak of? Not shitting himself on short throws like JP used to?

It might be the concussions, it's not the offensive line, it's not the play calling, it's not the coaches.

As discussed in another thread, another poster and I gave Trent the one-onethousand count in the pocket and most times we made it to 3 or 4 before Trent checked down. That's not the offensive line's fault.

The receivers are running their routes (successfully it would seem), hence the sidelines blow up. Other people in attendance have attested to receivers being open down the field.

It's not bad coaching either. If he's being benched it means he's not doing what he's coached to do.

Not unlike the remaining few who believe JP Loserman has NFL talent. We have sucked at the QB position for so long that some have forgotten what it is like to have a real NFL QB (same thing can be said for our O-line).