Who from top to bottom would you keep?

Obviously Jauron is not going to lead the team where we want to go so he is gone for the future,

Its impossible to fire the owner and I think ultimately he bears the blame for the team's losing ways (Jauron does deserve to go but anyway you cut he is simply not responsible for the majority of the 0 for a decade record and calls for his dismissal are little more than rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic).

However, who do you keep to build around.

Jackson is pretty obvious. Lynch has shown little this year, but contractually and age wise you keep him. The Birdman and in fact its too early to declare any of the rookies or second year players a bust so likely you build around all the first day choices from the last two years.

Lindell and Moorman you keep.

However, I think it gets pretty thin pretty quick after that.

Guys i would keep for sure:

jarius byrd, reggie corner, lee evans, drayton florence, geoff hangartner, james hardy, nic harris, fred jackson, spencer johnson, steve johnson, chris kelsay, andy levitre, rian lindell, marshawn lynch, aaron maybin, leodis mckelvin, terrance mcgee, brian moorman, shawn nelson, paul posluszny, josh reed, aaron schobel, bryan scott, marcus stroud, jonathon stupar, donte whitner, kyle williams, george wilson, and eric wood.

boarderline:

demetrius bell, ryan denney, chris draft, keith ellison, trent edwards(only as a backup), ryan fitzpatrick(3rd string), derek fine, justin jenkins, ellis lankster, john mccargo, ashlee palmer, jonathon scott, and john wendling

the rest? there is no reason for the rest to be on this team next year.

jarius byrd, reggie corner, lee evans, drayton florence, geoff hangartner, james hardy, nic harris, fred jackson, spencer johnson, steve johnson, chris kelsay, andy levitre, rian lindell, marshawn lynch, aaron maybin, terrance mcgee, brian moorman, shawn nelson, paul posluszny, josh reed, aaron schobel, bryan scott, marcus stroud, jonathon stupar, donte whitner, kyle williams, george wilson, and eric wood.

boarderline:

demetrius bell, ryan denney, chris draft, keith ellison, trent edwards(only as a backup), ryan fitzpatrick(3rd string), derek fine, justin jenkins, ellis lankster, john mccargo, ashlee palmer, jonathon scott, and john wendling

I like the list except for a few points. First off, Whitner and the QB postion, I would almost rather have Fitz be number 2, I think it is time for the Bills and Edwards to part ways, I still think Edwards can be a good Qb somewhere, just not in Buffalo. Whitner is a huge contract and consitantly underperforms and is injured. I would also like to keep Merydith around, I know that GB had high hopes for him before we picked him up. Finally, I could live with hangartner leaving and moving wood back to C.

I like the list except for a few points. First off, Whitner and the QB postion, I would almost rather have Fitz be number 2, I think it is time for the Bills and Edwards to part ways, I still think Edwards can be a good Qb somewhere, just not in Buffalo. Whitner is a huge contract and consitantly underperforms and is injured. I would also like to keep Merydith around, I know that GB had high hopes for him before we picked him up. Finally, I could live with hangartner leaving and moving wood back to C.

totally forgot about McKelvin for a sec, gotta keep him around, thats a high priority.

If I am running the team, I am keeping these guys:

Bell, Byrd, Corner, Evans, Florence, Hangartner, Hardy, Harris, Jackson, Steve Johnson, Lankster, Levitre, Lindell, Lynch, Maybin, McGee, Moorman, Nelson, Posluszny, Schobel, Bryan Scott, Stroud, Whitner, K. Williams, G Wilson, Wood, Butler, McKelvin, Mitchell.

Thats 29/63 guys, and some of those guys are sticking around solely because they are rookies this year. The rest need to get the F out.

jarius byrd, reggie corner, lee evans, drayton florence, geoff hangartner, james hardy, nic harris, fred jackson, spencer johnson, steve johnson, chris kelsay, andy levitre, rian lindell, marshawn lynch, aaron maybin, leodis mckelvin, terrance mcgee, brian moorman, shawn nelson, paul posluszny, josh reed, aaron schobel, bryan scott, marcus stroud, jonathon stupar, donte whitner, kyle williams, george wilson, and eric wood.

boarderline:

I als o would pretty much go with this as the list. McCargo is likely a goner rather than borderline for this fan but in the spirit of focusing on who we keep rather than who we cut I would take this list and build from it with FA (first priority as this team must be competitive quick in this reality. The draft is also essential for performing excellent on because it is the way you win an SB. However, you are not gonna win an SB next year and your draft is gonna give you players to develop not to star in this league immediately.

Trade whatever parts of the flotsam you can to get immediate value in players who can surprise by not necessarily winning in the first year of rebuilding but show the character to never say die and to teach younger players.

Use FA to get a few players who will star but mostly want a chance to learn and show their teaching skills in preparation for possible future careers as HCs/GMs.

Finally, and essentially the team drafts to build an SB winner in the future.

I think pursuit of this model building upon the list you provide can rebuild this team into a winner.

The Bills have enough talent to win every game, no question. Well maybe the O line is screwed this year because Jauron and Co refused to bring in any decent free agent tackles.

Still, with the proper offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator, different coaches and schemes this team could easily be 5-4 if not better.

The only people I'd get rid of are standing on the sidelines every game, Skeletor goes first :(

The Bills have enough talent to win every game, no question. Well maybe the O line is screwed this year because Jauron and Co refused to bring in any decent free agent tackles.

Still, with the proper offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator, different coaches and schemes this team could easily be 5-4 if not better.

The only people I'd get rid of are standing on the sidelines every game, Skeletor goes first :(

Every game? Not in my opinion.

I like the lists from BillyMaysHere and BillsCountry, they are both pretty close.

A lot depends on whether the new GM wants to tear everything down and draft a high first round QB or whether he wants to try to pick up a decent FA QB and try to win now. If you want to rebuild, I'd get rid of a few of the older guys like Kelsay, Reed, Schobel, Denney and maybe Stroud. And I think Stroud is our best defensive player, except maybe Byrd, but in three or four years he'll be running out of gas.

To me, you look at our roster and how many difference makers, how many impact players do you see? Byrd? Stroud? Evans? Jackson? I'm not sure about any of them, though all of them are upper echelon guys. Schobel is close. After that, nobody, and that's the problem. Lots of NFL standard guys, though only about one on the o-line right now, very few true difference makers and a few generally weak positions. That's a recipe for 7 - 9.

EDIT: Oh, and Brad Butler and Mitchell when they get healthy again. I'd keep Ellis for one more training camp to see if he becomes anything in his third year, and Jamon Meredith was a rookie this year and certainly deserves another look.

boarderline:

Fairly good list. D. Bell is a keeper though. I think you left out Brad Butler who was playing well. No way I keep Josh Reed and his salary. Stupar is garbage as well. I would keep McCargo. Not saying he is great but there are so many holes on the o-line, QB and at LB to use more than one draft pick on another DT.

QB: Trent Edwards (as either place keeper for high #1 pick or to compete with a vet FA)

RB: Jackson, Lynch (he gets one more year to prove he's not a bust)

FB: do we even have one :(

WR: Lee Evans, Steve Johnson, James Hardy (he gets one more year to prove he's not a bust)

TE: Shawn Nelson, Jonathon Stupar

OT: None

C: Jeff Hangartner (Not a long term solution however)

G: Andy Levitre, Eric Wood

P: Brian Mooreman

K: Rian Lindell

DE: Aaron Schobel, Aaron Maybin (cap hit is to big to cut him and too soon to call a bust anyways)

DT: Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams

LB: Paul Pozluszny

CB: McGee, Corner, McKelvin

S: Byrd, Whitner, Nic Harris

Every game? Not in my opinion.

I like the lists from BillyMaysHere and BillsCountry, they are both pretty close.

A lot depends on whether the new GM wants to tear everything down and draft a high first round QB or whether he wants to try to pick up a decent FA QB and try to win now. If you want to rebuild, I'd get rid of a few of the older guys like Kelsay, Reed, Schobel, Denney and maybe Stroud. And I think Stroud is our best defensive player, except maybe Byrd, but in three or four years he'll be running out of gas [1].

To me, you look at our roster and how many difference makers, how many impact players do you see? Byrd? Stroud? Evans? Jackson? I'm not sure about any of them, though all of them are upper echelon guys. Schobel is close. After that, nobody, and that's the problem. Lots of NFL standard guys, though only about one on the o-line right now, very few true difference makers and a few generally weak positions. That's a recipe for 7 - 9.

EDIT: Oh, and Brad Butler and Mitchell when they get healthy again [2]. I'd keep Ellis for one more training camp to see if he becomes anything in his third year, and Jamon Meredith was a rookie this year and certainly deserves another look.

let me get this straight:

You are willing to get rid of Stroud (because he is old and only has 3-4 years left), and you are willing to keep Boo-Boo Butler (when he gets healthy again.)

:lol::bag:

That's frigging smart. Let's get rid of a guy that has performed consistently and has not missed a game since he has been here. On top of that, by dumping him, you create an immediate need at the DT position.

And we'll keep the guy that has shown the only thing he can do consistently is get injured, thereby necessitating a need for a high quality back up to fill in for said young starter.

Brad Boo-Boo Butler is nothing more than Jonas Jennings redux.

If anything, that's a prime example of what hes been WRONG with this organization, especially under Jauron.

Dump what works and create need where one did not exist.

Retain marginal talent because it has potential.

:(:lol: