Anyone remember the Fassel rumors?

ICE

I'd really like to see Scott Pioli from New England. Would Pioli likely bring Weiss with him?

I'd be real careful with pioli... but at this point, I'd have to say that a trunk monkey is better than Teflon Tom. Pioli's success in New England can only be attriuted to Belichik so there's not a real good read on pioli. Belichik is flying at 30,000 feet. The next best coach to him is flying at 5,000 feet. It doesn't seem to matter who he plugs in at any position... it just works. If Dallas had played the same two corners the Pats used against the bills on Sunday night, against the eagles, the Eagles would have probably scored 90 points... How many teams can get away with starting their 3rd string corners and still dominate? Answer... only one... whichever team Belichik coaches.

That rumor has been around since TD went with Mularkey. Ithink it may have gone down that way, but it's water under the bridge. If TD felt that Drew Bledsoe had something left, then right or wrong, he has to act on that instinct. It appears to be wrong, so I expect if TD is not fired, then he will be willing to move on (from Bledsoe) now.

As long as you're rehashing history, why ignore an equally valid rumor of why Fassel didn't get the job

Giants source

Could it be that it doesn't support your theory?

121561[/snapback]

Sure it is part of it. Along with the fact it came out on ESPN etc etc etc that it was wide spread whomever wanted the job had to make it work with Bledsoe.

I have a question.  If Donahoe was fired at season's end and a new guy came in, what would likely happen to Mularkey?  Would you expect the new GM to bring his own guy in?  I'd really like to see Scott Pioli from New England.  Would Pioli likely bring Weiss with him?

121310[/snapback]

Weis is not head coaching material. Hopefully, he goes to Miami as their HC.

MM is a far better risk than Weis as a HC, but he is still a rookie with no prior experience in running the whole show.

Weis is not head coaching material.  Hopefully, he goes to Miami as their HC.

MM is a far better risk than Weis as a HC, but he is still a rookie with no prior experience in running the whole show.

122041[/snapback]

Bottom line, we needed a Veteran HC. Hell I would have taken Mora over this joker. Hey at least it would have been fun! :lol:

What were Fassel's 'questionable off-field issues"?

121713[/snapback]

Not exactly sure what the off-field issues were, but I think thats a whole load of crap to include as a reference. What ever issues he had must have been very low-key because I dont remember it being highly-publicized here in the NYC media. If anything, he was very active in the community and even provided financial support or coordinated it for a child who lost his father in the 9/11 attacks. If he had one big flaw it would be that he was too player-friendly, but that could go either way.

Not exactly sure what the off-field issues were, but I think thats a whole load of crap to include as a reference. What ever issues he had must have been very low-key because I dont remember it being highly-publicized here in the NYC media. If anything, he was very active in the community and even provided financial support or coordinated it for a child who lost his father in the 9/11 attacks. If he had one big flaw it would be that he was too player-friendly, but that could go either way.

122099[/snapback]

Actually the rumour I heard, somewhere, is that Wellington Mara gave Ralph a less than glowing recommendation. There was insinuations that Fassell liked to drink a bit too much for Mara's taste (and apparently Ralph's) and that he may have been involved in more than one extra-marital affair.

As enamored as some might not be with Mularkey, jeez, give the guy a chance. I know it has been a fairly bad season so far, and everyone is anxious to see Losman replace Bledsoe. But, I take Mularkey at his word, that Losman is not ready yet. He will get his chance. The kid has missed most of the regualar season with an injury, and the little playing time he saw, he looked overwhelmed and anxious. This year is a bust, why sacrifice the kids' psyche (and possibly our future) to appease a bunch of over-zealous, blood thirsty fans. Sometimes I think our bitter disappointment leaves us a little less than fair in some of our assesments. I admit, I am as guilty as anyone of this.

As far as TD goes, he has made some mistakes, and he has made some good moves. I am willing to give him the 5th year of the traditional 5 year plan.

Please no more rookie head coaches. And, even though I am not a big MM fan, we gotta stick with him for a little while. Another change would just mean more years of terrible games, and depression. It is interesting that TD suppossedly made it a condition that Bedsore had to be the QB. Do you think this is just TD's ego, or does Ralph have a hand in it. I think Ralph has got to be part of it. I hope someone sees the light soon......