Anyone remember the Fassel rumors?

ICE

Jim Fassel flys in, has an interview and leaves kinda pissed (Was reported AND Empire did a segment with him at the airport....he wasn't happy)

Bills official spin...'he didn't have a good interview'

What was leaked from fassels camp...' Was told he had to make it work with Bledsoe... Fassel said no, he is done as a QB And we need to move on.'

If for no other reason, this is why TD needs to be fired. 2nd time around, 2nd shot at a HC and he comes up with ANOTHER Rookie HC. And that is without the rumors. Now if they are true, and all indicators say they are....then TD Needs to be canned.

BTW...why didn't we wait to interview Weis? Maybe because he agreed to the benching of Bledsoe after he came back from his injury? hummm....

I really hope you're not right, ICE, but lately you've been right on. If that is true, then Donahoe really needs to go. The only problem though, is, I have a feeling Ralph still thinks the problems lie somewhere other than Drew.

I have a question. If Donahoe was fired at season's end and a new guy came in, what would likely happen to Mularkey? Would you expect the new GM to bring his own guy in? I'd really like to see Scott Pioli from New England. Would Pioli likely bring Weiss with him?

I have a question.  If Donahoe was fired at season's end and a new guy came in, what would likely happen to Mularkey?  Would you expect the new GM to bring his own guy in?  I'd really like to see Scott Pioli from New England.  Would Pioli likely bring Weiss with him?

121310[/snapback]

It would cost a lot to buy out Mularkeys remaining four years on his contract. Don't count on it happenning.

I have a question.  If Donahoe was fired at season's end and a new guy came in, what would likely happen to Mularkey?  Would you expect the new GM to bring his own guy in?  I'd really like to see Scott Pioli from New England.  Would Pioli likely bring Weiss with him?

121310[/snapback]

Interesting concept.... I think Mularky would be gone if a new GM arrived. That said - I don't see that we will get a new GM...

Additionally - I think if we opted for a new HC - we would want to see a veteran coach - not another coordinator on promotion... however good Weis or Crennel may be.

Additionally - I think if we opted for a new HC - we would want to see a veteran coach - not another coordinator on promotion... however good Weis or Crennel may be.

You mean marv? Bring him in, hire weiss as OC and assist. head coach. Marv works 1 or 2 years, teaches JP, willis, and evans how not to be chumps, retires and hands the reigns to weiss, who's learned from a future HOF coach and a current one.

You mean marv?  Bring him in, hire weiss as OC and assist.  head coach.  Marv works 1 or 2 years, teaches JP, willis, and evans how not to be chumps, retires and hands the reigns to weiss, who's learned from a future HOF coach and a current one.

121318[/snapback]

Nice idea - but I think Marv is done as a modern day NFL coach. His age prohibits it I think... That, and I am not 100% convinced that his coaching style would be appropriate for todays NFL - he wouldn't be guaranteed to bring in coordinators of Weis's quality....

Hiring Marv wouldn't be a bad idea. Marv should be a part of this team in some capacity. Man, I miss Marv. This assembly of Buffalo Bills is just pathetic. The personality of this team is not something I am proud of.

nick, its worth a shot.  You bring in marv only if he can bring in a proven coordinator (weiss) that would be guarenteed to be promoted.

121322[/snapback]

What if the team struggles with marv and a prove coordinar? do you still promote the coordinator once marv has gone? or does that just prolong the agony for us???

Well, you could promote the coordinator. Hopefully with a proven staff, confidence from the front office, and nobody spinning their wheels, the team won't struggle to the extent that its struggling now. If it does, then you go back to the drawing board. Your next argument will be that the fans can't handle going back to the drawing board. Well tough. With a few years of good drafting (assuming Ralph pulls in a good scouting and management staff), the team will be able to compete.

What was leaked from fassels camp...' Was told he had to make it work with Bledsoe... Fassel said no, he is done as a QB And we need to move on.'

Curious, ICE. Where did this come from? I really don't remembe it.

You know, this team is very much like the Washington Redskins, I'm sad to say. Tons of talent, but cannot play as a cohesive team. It also doesn't help that they both have over the hill QB's.

Guest billsnfl2004

IceI do not always agree with you and your bledsoe bashing however I SSURE DO NOW. I THINK THE HC CHOICES ARE HORRID IT MAKES ME ILL TO WATCH THIS CRAP THEY AT OBD CALL FOOTBALL but what if it is RALPH not TD making the call

Curious, ICE.  Where did this come from?  I really don't remembe it.

You know, this team is very much like the Washington Redskins, I'm sad to say.  Tons of talent, but cannot play as a cohesive team.  It also doesn't help that they both have over the hill QB's.

121333[/snapback]

Honestly it was all over the place during the interviewing process.