Was there a reason why Whitner dressed but didn't play today?

so your point is the Bills knew Whitner was too hurt to play, yet activated him anyway and went into the game with only 2 healthy OTs

which quickly blew up on them

thanks for that insider insight

From what I knew about this coaching staff, that sounds 100% correct.

so your point is the Bills knew Whitner was too hurt to play, yet activated him anyway and went into the game with only 2 healthy OTs

which quickly blew up on them

thanks for that insider insight

The injury report is now "insider insight"? Ummm, OK. Just pointing out a possible reason they might have held him out, one which hadn't been mentioned yet.

As to the wisdom of dressing him instead of another offensive lineman, guess what? With Jonathan Scott off to parts unknown, there WEREN'T any. Every other o-lineman on the active roster suited up for the game, including Meredith, who they also knew was too injured to play.

And just like trading Peters, not drafting a replacement because they thought Walker would be able to move to LT until Bell was ready, not bringing in a veteran when Butler went down, and every other o-line move that has blown up in their faces since last spring, that all goes back to the same place -- a conscious decision by the Bills braintrust.

You can decide for yourselves if that last word was meant to be sarcastic.

The injury report is now "insider insight"? Ummm, OK. Just pointing out a possible reason they might have held him out, one which hadn't been mentioned yet.

As to the wisdom of dressing him instead of another offensive lineman, guess what? With Jonathan Scott off to parts unknown, there WEREN'T any. Every other o-lineman on the active roster suited up for the game, including Meredith, who they also knew was too injured to play.

And just like trading Peters, not drafting a replacement because they thought Walker would be able to move to LT until Bell was ready, not bringing in a veteran when Butler went down, and every other o-line move that has blown up in their faces since last spring, that all goes back to the same place -- a conscious decision by the Bills braintrust.

:(

I'll take "Yes answers," for $500 Alex.

I sure as hell hope that Scott's personal reasons merited leaving an already pathetic line even more pathetic.

I've never known you to be the sarcastic type so I take your words at face value.

You can decide for yourself if that last sentence was meant to be sarcastic.

I sure as hell hope that Scott's personal reasons merited leaving an already pathetic line even more pathetic.

I've never known you to be the sarcastic type so I take your words at face value.

You can decide for yourself if that last sentence was meant to be sarcastic.

It was reported as a death in the family. I haven't seen any reports of which relative.