Vic Carucci says Bills to make major changes

No experienced, outside observer can identify the Bills PLAN for improvement. I forget his name, but that former GM on the NFL Network has come out and publicly questioned if there even is a plan in place at OBD. As has agent Drew Rosenhaus (agent of TO and Parrish) as of late. Tim Graham over at ESPN commented on exactly the same thing. Now Vic Carucci appears to have something that may prove that Ralph is not brain-dead, after all.

I believe you are referring to Mike Lombardi who used to be the GM of the Raiders.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Bills Live, the BuffNews chat:

Sully: Evidently, Vic believes the Bills will bring in a football guy if things go really badly this year. I don't think he has inside information, though. It's an educated position to take, but nobody can read Ralph's mind.

Vic talking more about this, on Shredd and Ragan:

http://www.wedg.com/Article.asp?id=1587729&spid=22412

They are not sitting there waiting, they are being proactive

Also talks about improving their "football operations" and says that while he doesn't think they're giving up on this season, they are planning ahead.

He can't go into details, but it sure seems he's doing more than guessing.

Vic Carucci is nothing but a bum. Its great that he is a hometown guy, but he seems to present himeself as knowing so much more than everybody else, but I find him to be wrong...ALOT. He is one of the most useless columnist or commentator on the Buffalo Bills today. Take what he says with a grain of salt (and cross your fingers)

He wasn't born in Buffalo.

My point is, Bill Cowher has done all he needs to as a coach and doesn't have to come back and prove anything. He can continue to live the stress free life of TV analyst until he finds a spot as a coach that he likes best for his family and himself. He doesn't need the money, or to try and gain respect, or win a championship. He will come back on his own term only, if he ever wants to

He may feel differently. We won't know until the end of the season.

Sounds like Vic has no inside knowledge here, just speculating.

I will believe that changes are coming, when they are reported.

I think sport writers and "experts" don't know any more than us about football or anything related to football. I've heard too many of them spout pure crap over the years to know this. Like BillnutinHouston says, when change happens, it will be announced.

Just wondering BillnutinHouston, what do people in Houston think about the Titans having the gall to wear "Houston Oiler" regalia on the sidelines? I grew up in Dallas and really dug the rivalry and such during the "Luv Ya Blue" era. If I were an Oiler fan in Houston, I'd be pissed. I still can't believe they're actually doing this. Seems disrepeptul to the fans of the old Oilers.

There were a variety of ways for the owner to execute a strategy to ensure the team would stay in western NY and still be well compensated for his "asset". The owner never was interested or cared about it. He is going to do what he always planned on doing: auctioning off the team to the highest bidder. If that scenario resulted in the relocation of the franchise then from his view (from the graveyard) so be it.

Recently, when one of the Rooney brothers wanted to sell his share of the team for estate planning purposes he had the opportunity to sell his portion of the team to a non family member for a higher price. He didn't do it. He sold his significant amount of shares to his brother for a lesser price because he felt it was the right thing to do. That is something the Ralph could never do because it is not in his DNA to lose money when he has the opportunity to make more money. Ralph is Ralph.

And you know Ralph's plans because ....

... you have seen his will? No?

... you've had long discussions about this with him? No?

... you're purely guessing? Ah, that's the one.

We don't know what will be done. We just don't.

I think sport writers and "experts" don't know any more than us about football or anything related to football. I've heard too many of them spout pure crap over the years to know this. Like BillnutinHouston says, when change happens, it will be announced.

Just wondering BillnutinHouston, what do people in Houston think about the Titans having the gall to wear "Houston Oiler" regalia on the sidelines? I grew up in Dallas and really dug the rivalry and such during the "Luv Ya Blue" era. If I were an Oiler fan in Houston, I'd be pissed. I still can't believe they're actually doing this. Seems disrepeptul to the fans of the old Oilers.

;)

My guess (less informed than Carucci's guess but the important thing here is that what Carucci has is a guess many hope is true but in the end is just a more informed than the average fan GUESS) is that it all comes down to the curmudgeon that owns the Bills hitting it off and having a spark with another person.

If this person is Shananhan, Cowher, or maybe Holmgren we have a shot at capturing lightening in a bottle. If that spark is with a fellow Golden Boy like Marv or with a flawed football guy like TD then its gonna be a difficult trip.

In the big picture my guess is that among the key questions a candidate like Shananhan, Cowher or whomever would want answered is what Mr. Ralph has in mind for the future with the Bills once he leaves this life. If he says he is going to essentially let the team go to highest qualified bidder, i would not take the job without a significant financial golden parachute. The chances of Mr. Ralph dying sooner rather than later are too large to not make the future plan a big factor.

Ultimately a lot comes down to whether Mr. Ralph decides to leave a will which makes it easier for the status quo of the Bills remaining here to prevail (for example if he decided to avoid taxes by leaving the team to not-for-profit based in WNY) or made it more uncertain for keeping the team here (for example leaving the fate of the team to an auction of the highest qualified bidder).

We will see.

It is probably Jeff Fisher which explains Bud Adams flipping off Ralph.