TV ALERT: UB vs Ohio

PromoTheRobot

Maynard sitting out the first quarter due to team policy violations.... :worthy:

I dont understand this line at all. Why is UB giving up 2.5 pts????? Why ask???? Does Vegas know something I do not? I am thinking about going pretty heavy on Ohio tonight. Taking the little guy to the game. Looking forward to it & the weather looks to be good also.

Okay...it's a Tuesday. It's football. It's a team that has "BUFFALO" on its chest. What else are you going to watch? Dancing with the Stars?

PTR

Hmm...you posted a recent, caustic, topic about how "big time" college football is a joke.

Do I now need to run to the store and buy some Hostess cupcakes for this one, to sweeten things up?

If anybody's looking for something to do, you should make your way to the game. Really, really really cheap tickets, FREE PARKING and a good atmosphere

The more people at the game the better, it looks good for the program. However I predict a solid whooping from the Ohio Bobcats, on the swift road to a MAC East title. It is what it is. But its at least entertaining football. By the 2nd Half, there might actually be offensive touchdowns scored. I know, what a thought.

Hmm...you posted a recent, caustic, topic about how "big time" college football is a joke.

Do I now need to run to the store and buy some Hostess cupcakes for this one, to sweeten things up?

You do actually read my posts, don't you?

PTR

If anybody's looking for something to do, you should make your way to the game. Really, really really cheap tickets, FREE PARKING and a good atmosphere

The more people at the game the better, it looks good for the program. However I predict a solid whooping from the Ohio Bobcats, on the swift road to a MAC East title. It is what it is. But its at least entertaining football. By the 2nd Half, there might actually be offensive touchdowns scored. I know, what a thought.

Scoring points has not been a problem for UB this year, unlike that team in Orchard Park. 29, 31, 21 and 40 points in the last 4 games. In fact the offense has been averaging around 450 yds a game. The problem has been defense and special teams.

But thanks for pointing out that tickets are cheap ($10 GA, pretty much sit where you like once in), parking is free and tailgating with alcohol is allowed. Just keep it low key. Not to mention the chance to get your mug on TV. Temps should be warmer than last weeks game. This is the last home game of the season so try to catch it.

PTR

Fun game to watch so far. Roosevelt is having his best day as a Bull. :thumbsup:

Another entertaining loss. What was with the dropped passes? Was the ball greased? Gordiio, did UB cover? Actually I think he was at the game.

FYI, last two UB games are on ESPN2 and ESPNU. Don't bet on seeing them on ESPN much in 2010.

PTR

Another entertaining loss. What was with the dropped passes? Was the ball greased? Gordiio, did UB cover? Actually I think he was at the game.

FYI, last two UB games are on ESPN2 and ESPNU. Don't bet on seeing them on ESPN much in 2010.

PTR

UB was actually favored by 2-1/2, so no cover. As for ESPN, I wouldn't be so sure of that as the last two weeks made for very entertaining football in a reasonably good college atmosphere (crowd wasn't huge but enthusiastic). If Turner is still around, I would expect more of these national games on off nights as he is still about the biggest star power the MAC has. Anyway, really enjoyed another season of UB football and my group is definitely renewing our 12 season tickets.

PTR

No they did not cover. Won $100 on Ohio. Kinda of tough though, the little guy was rooting for UB & I had to pretend like I was rooting for UB but deep down money talks.

I thought Ohio was going to run them right out of the stadium but UB held tough. Maynard looked really shaky in the beginning but settled down. I think he is going to be pretty good & dare I say have a better career then Willy when it is all said & done.

As far as the atmosphere, I just do not get it. UB has what 20-25,000 undergrads. You are telling me they can not get a bigger student section then that? I mean if I was in college, that would be a great way to spend a tuesday night, tailgate in the parking lot after classes, booze it up & go to the game. I guess it must be a MAC thing too because I saw plenty of empty seats @ CM last night also. The little guy loves the games though, this was only the 2nd game we went to this year, but he really enjoys them.

No they did not cover. Won $100 on Ohio. Kinda of tough though, the little guy was rooting for UB & I had to pretend like I was rooting for UB but deep down money talks.

I thought Ohio was going to run them right out of the stadium but UB held tough. Maynard looked really shaky in the beginning but settled down. I think he is going to be pretty good & dare I say have a better career then Willy when it is all said & done.

As far as the atmosphere, I just do not get it. UB has what 20-25,000 undergrads. You are telling me they can not get a bigger student section then that? I mean if I was in college, that would be a great way to spend a tuesday night, tailgate in the parking lot after classes, booze it up & go to the game. I guess it must be a MAC thing too because I saw plenty of empty seats @ CM last night also. The little guy loves the games though, this was only the 2nd game we went to this year, but he really enjoys them.

UB has come a long way, especially with "True Blue" organizing the student section. Attendance is trending upward but still isn't great, but at least it's on par with all the other MAC schools. I'm going to miss Naaman Roosevelt. What a great player. Agree on Maynard. He shows signs that he will be a terrific QB. I just hope they can find some WR talent because the guys they have behind Roosevelt and Hamlin stink.

BTW ESPN2 has dropped UB in favor of Cent. Mich/Ball St. next Wednesday. UB/Miami will be 6pm on ESPNU.

PTR