Official Springsteen at HSBC 11/22/09 Thread

HurlyBurly51

Saving the best for last? This is the final show of the tour, and is shaping up to be a special evening. Sort of has an "anything goes" vibe to it. It's Little Steven's birthday. Speculation is running rampant this is the last show for the East Street Band.

No album has been announced for Buffalo, and we may not get one. Just a 3 hour plus set of his greatest material.

Is there a head count from TSW going?

I would imagine he would reschedule the cancelled Kansas City show after this one but haven't heard anything yet.

Anyhow, I'll be at the HSBC show.

Nope, Kansas City is not gonna happen. Sucks for them, but Buffalo is absolutely the last show of the tour. 11 days 'til Bruce rocks Buffalo! Here's the setlist from Cleveland last night:

Setlist:

Wrecking Ball (with Curt Ramm)

Prove It All Night

Hungry Heart

Working on a Dream

Thunder Road

Tenth Avenue Freeze-out (with Curt Ramm)

Night

Backstreets

Born to Run

She's the One

Meeting Across the River (with Curt Ramm)

Jungleland

Waitin' on a Sunny Day

Raise Your Hand

Red Headed Woman

Pink Cadillac

Back in Your Arms

Radio Nowhere

Lonesome Day

The Rising

Badlands

Encore:

No Surrender

Bobby Jean

American Land (with Curt Ramm)

Dancing in the Dark

Can't Help Falling in Love

Higher and Higher (with Curt Ramm)

Rosalita (with Curt Ramm)

Nope, Kansas City is not gonna happen. Sucks for them, but Buffalo is absolutely the last show of the tour. 11 days 'til Bruce rocks Buffalo! Here's the setlist from Cleveland last night:

Red Headed Woman

Is Patti back with the band? :lol:

I thought she was gone.

I read an article recently in Modern Drummer about Jay Weinberg, Max's son, now filling in for Max on Bruce's tours, with so much of Max's time being devoted to the Tonight Show.

19 years old and touring arenas and stadiums. Amazing, since I'm 22 and the most people I've played in front of was 3,000.

Great read for anyone interested in that.

At pushing 60, you have to respect the fact that Bruce still is slamming it out for 3 hours a night across the world. Any body would be pretty worn from 2 generations' worth of touring and recording.

That said, I just never really cared about his music or his message. You're "Working on a Dream" Bruce? Really? You've sold millions of records, sold out thousands of concerts, and are one of the most successful American songwriters, EVER. I think you've accomplished said dream, buddy. Sorry, I didn't get drafted or lost my friends in Vietnam, lost my factory job from the fallacies of the Carter and Reagan administrations, or had to fight for equality amongst all races and genders. I'm simply a generation removed from all of that.

That said, I just never really cared about his music or his message. You're "Working on a Dream" Bruce? Really? You've sold millions of records, sold out thousands of concerts, and are one of the most successful American songwriters, EVER. I think you've accomplished said dream, buddy. Sorry, I didn't get drafted or lost my friends in Vietnam, lost my factory job from the fallacies of the Carter and Reagan administrations, or had to fight for equality amongst all races and genders. I'm simply a generation removed from all of that.

The Bruce "crowd" backs you up. It's 35+, some with young kids there. It looks like church, in jeans. That said,there's somethign to appreciating the message even if you're a generation removed. I was not part of the All-about-me-60s generation but the Who's "My Generation" still resonates.

With respect to Bruce's "Working on a Dream," first, you can always be doing that. Second, he dips into an ethic and group that he's long since ceased to be part of when he writes but he still pulls it off. Like a good fiction writer.

Looks like Buffalo is getting Greetings from Asbury Park as their album.

BUFFALO SHOW TO FEATURE GREETINGS FROM ASBURY PARK, N.J.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform the album Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. during their concert in Buffalo, NY, on November 22, the final date of their 2009 'Working on a Dream' tour. Released in January, 1973, 'Greetings' marked Springsteen's debut as a recording artist; it is the first time this album will be performed in its entirety. Bruce and the band have performed the albums 'The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle', 'Born to Run', 'Darkness on the Edge of Town', 'The River' and 'Born in the USA' during their fall tour.

Looks like Buffalo is getting Greetings from Asbury Park as their album.

BUFFALO SHOW TO FEATURE GREETINGS FROM ASBURY PARK, N.J.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform the album Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. during their concert in Buffalo, NY, on November 22, the final date of their 2009 'Working on a Dream' tour. Released in January, 1973, 'Greetings' marked Springsteen's debut as a recording artist; it is the first time this album will be performed in its entirety. Bruce and the band have performed the albums 'The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle', 'Born to Run', 'Darkness on the Edge of Town', 'The River' and 'Born in the USA' during their fall tour.

Awesome!

Mary Queen of Arkansas though. :oops:

Baba-booey and Artie will be there. I'm guessing a lot of celebs will be in attendance. Could be the last show ever with the E Street Band--you all have a great time. I saw him a few weeks ago and he was was flat incredible.

Yes on all counts. I saw him this summer at Jints stadium and it was a fantastic show.

I went last night in Baltimore, just missed the pit. Ended up being OK cause we hung out in the back of the floor & were able to leave for all the newer songs which really suck compared to the vintage stuff. He played almost 3-1/2 hours, I'm sure Buffalo will be even longer, maybe 4, with Blood Brothers closing it out.

I went last night in Baltimore, just missed the pit. Ended up being OK cause we hung out in the back of the floor & were able to leave for all the newer songs which really suck compared to the vintage stuff. He played almost 3-1/2 hours, I'm sure Buffalo will be even longer, maybe 4, with Blood Brothers closing it out.

WTF Buffalo ticket sez show starts at 7:30pm not 8:22 What was with the doors opening so late? Thank God it was

not raining. For the last show of the tour, I thought the show was weak.

WTF Buffalo ticket sez show starts at 7:30pm not 8:22 What was with the doors opening so late? Thank God it was

I saw, that sucks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jukeboxgraduate/4125803217/

http://twitpic.com/qkla1

Baltimore tix also said 7:30 but didn't start until around 8:30. I was pissed but for a different reason, we got in around 6:30 & were about 4 people/rows from the center-outside of the pit. Then people started piling in and we were getting squished by a very OLD fanbase which sucked, so like I said, we ended up hanging in the back of the floor so we could breathe. My show was OK, but I've seen him too many times these past 10 years, I wouldn't have gone if I had to drive anywhere.

What concert ever starts on time?

Reviews? Stories? Come on people. Big Bruce fan wants to hear!

The concert was incredible. 33 songs, and he played for at least 3 and a half hours. The man is superhuman, as it said in the News yesterday........Loved the Greetings songs. Especially when he told the story of meeting Clarence. "The doors blew open!". And, his guitar solo on Lost in the Flood was so awesome, as the whole song was..........You could tell this was either the last show ever or they don't know if it is. They were throwing everything out there. My 20th show over 29 years, and they were as good or better than ever these last two weeks that I saw them in Cleveland and Buffalo.

If you are a big time fan, this one was for you, with Greetings and a few songs from Tracks, etc.

The concert was incredible. 33 songs, and he played for at least 3 and a half hours. The man is superhuman, as it said in the News yesterday........Loved the Greetings songs. Especially when he told the story of meeting Clarence. "The doors blew open!". And, his guitar solo on Lost in the Flood was so awesome, as the whole song was..........You could tell this was either the last show ever or they don't know if it is. They were throwing everything out there. My 20th show over 29 years, and they were as good or better than ever these last two weeks that I saw them in Cleveland and Buffalo.

If you are a big time fan, this one was for you, with Greetings and a few songs from Tracks, etc.

he guys, i 've just learnt about the show reading Peter king's MMQB on si.com... did not know Buffalo was the last stop of what could be the last tour... Personally with all that the town of Buffalo and Bruce have brought into my life this is a huge symbol and an incredible event i'd have loved to attend... I just hope that show will be available some way or an other ... lucky basta... if you were there!!

The whole "greetings" album... that must have been something... bbb nice you mention "lost in the flood"... i've always loved the song but each time i listen to it those last few years i find it a little more important in his work ... there's something that is getting bigger with time passing in this song!

anybody has the track list?