Official Springsteen at HSBC 11/22/09 Thread

HurlyBurly51

Looks like Buffalo is getting Greetings from Asbury Park as their album.

BUFFALO SHOW TO FEATURE GREETINGS FROM ASBURY PARK, N.J.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform the album Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. during their concert in Buffalo, NY, on November 22, the final date of their 2009 'Working on a Dream' tour. Released in January, 1973, 'Greetings' marked Springsteen's debut as a recording artist; it is the first time this album will be performed in its entirety. Bruce and the band have performed the albums 'The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle', 'Born to Run', 'Darkness on the Edge of Town', 'The River' and 'Born in the USA' during their fall tour.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Buffalo is getting Greetings from Asbury Park as their album.

BUFFALO SHOW TO FEATURE GREETINGS FROM ASBURY PARK, N.J.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform the album Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. during their concert in Buffalo, NY, on November 22, the final date of their 2009 'Working on a Dream' tour. Released in January, 1973, 'Greetings' marked Springsteen's debut as a recording artist; it is the first time this album will be performed in its entirety. Bruce and the band have performed the albums 'The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle', 'Born to Run', 'Darkness on the Edge of Town', 'The River' and 'Born in the USA' during their fall tour.

Awesome!

Mary Queen of Arkansas though. :oops:

Baba-booey and Artie will be there. I'm guessing a lot of celebs will be in attendance. Could be the last show ever with the E Street Band--you all have a great time. I saw him a few weeks ago and he was was flat incredible.

Yes on all counts. I saw him this summer at Jints stadium and it was a fantastic show.

I went last night in Baltimore, just missed the pit. Ended up being OK cause we hung out in the back of the floor & were able to leave for all the newer songs which really suck compared to the vintage stuff. He played almost 3-1/2 hours, I'm sure Buffalo will be even longer, maybe 4, with Blood Brothers closing it out.

I went last night in Baltimore, just missed the pit. Ended up being OK cause we hung out in the back of the floor & were able to leave for all the newer songs which really suck compared to the vintage stuff. He played almost 3-1/2 hours, I'm sure Buffalo will be even longer, maybe 4, with Blood Brothers closing it out.

WTF Buffalo ticket sez show starts at 7:30pm not 8:22 What was with the doors opening so late? Thank God it was

not raining. For the last show of the tour, I thought the show was weak.

WTF Buffalo ticket sez show starts at 7:30pm not 8:22 What was with the doors opening so late? Thank God it was

I saw, that sucks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jukeboxgraduate/4125803217/

http://twitpic.com/qkla1

Baltimore tix also said 7:30 but didn't start until around 8:30. I was pissed but for a different reason, we got in around 6:30 & were about 4 people/rows from the center-outside of the pit. Then people started piling in and we were getting squished by a very OLD fanbase which sucked, so like I said, we ended up hanging in the back of the floor so we could breathe. My show was OK, but I've seen him too many times these past 10 years, I wouldn't have gone if I had to drive anywhere.

What concert ever starts on time?

Reviews? Stories? Come on people. Big Bruce fan wants to hear!

The concert was incredible. 33 songs, and he played for at least 3 and a half hours. The man is superhuman, as it said in the News yesterday........Loved the Greetings songs. Especially when he told the story of meeting Clarence. "The doors blew open!". And, his guitar solo on Lost in the Flood was so awesome, as the whole song was..........You could tell this was either the last show ever or they don't know if it is. They were throwing everything out there. My 20th show over 29 years, and they were as good or better than ever these last two weeks that I saw them in Cleveland and Buffalo.

If you are a big time fan, this one was for you, with Greetings and a few songs from Tracks, etc.

The concert was incredible. 33 songs, and he played for at least 3 and a half hours. The man is superhuman, as it said in the News yesterday........Loved the Greetings songs. Especially when he told the story of meeting Clarence. "The doors blew open!". And, his guitar solo on Lost in the Flood was so awesome, as the whole song was..........You could tell this was either the last show ever or they don't know if it is. They were throwing everything out there. My 20th show over 29 years, and they were as good or better than ever these last two weeks that I saw them in Cleveland and Buffalo.

If you are a big time fan, this one was for you, with Greetings and a few songs from Tracks, etc.

he guys, i 've just learnt about the show reading Peter king's MMQB on si.com... did not know Buffalo was the last stop of what could be the last tour... Personally with all that the town of Buffalo and Bruce have brought into my life this is a huge symbol and an incredible event i'd have loved to attend... I just hope that show will be available some way or an other ... lucky basta... if you were there!!

The whole "greetings" album... that must have been something... bbb nice you mention "lost in the flood"... i've always loved the song but each time i listen to it those last few years i find it a little more important in his work ... there's something that is getting bigger with time passing in this song!

anybody has the track list?