ABC Apologizes

Thailog80

Ok Kurt, you brought me back in baby. Your argument assumes that "moral decency" in America is set to your own standards. What I see as decent for public viewing and what you see as decent may be completely different (I have a good feeling this is true). The problem with this is that real art may be effected by "your" standards. The viewing of statue of David (the naked one I'm sure you're familiar with) could be banned for instance. Censorship is a slippery slope that leads to broad brush statements like the ones in your post. That is why America has what is called Freedom of Speech, to make sure the religious right wackos would never win the censorship war. But don't fret, you'll always have FoxNews.

122648[/snapback]

DING!!!!!!!!! Dinner's ready!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe some of the younger guys posting their support of ABC will look back on this years from now when they have kids of their own, and find a little empathy for parents who are posting here in protest, who feel they are under constant assault.

And yes, that means the ads for erectile disfunction too.

And don't leave out the marketing done towards kids - little kids - all manner of processed foods, toys, clothes, etc.

It's hard work - rewarding, but hard work raising children. It'd be nice to be able to turn on a football game at the end of the day, and not have your eight-year old see a woman get naked and come on to one of the players. Yes, I know they only show her back - were you confused as to whether she had any other clothes on? Neither are kids. I just want to watch a freaking football game here!

Maybe some of the younger guys posting their support of ABC will look back on this years from now when they have kids of their own, and find a little empathy for parents who are posting here in protest, who feel they are under constant assault.

And yes, that means the ads for erectile disfunction too.

And don't leave out the marketing done towards kids - little kids - all manner of processed foods, toys, clothes, etc.

It's hard work - rewarding, but hard work raising children. It'd be nice to be able to turn on a football game at the end of the day, and not have your eight-year old see a woman get naked and come on to one of the players. Yes, I know they only show her back - were you confused as to whether she had any other clothes on? Neither are kids. I just want to watch a freaking football game here!

122673[/snapback]

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job, ca.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job, ca.

122675[/snapback]

Too bad you can't formulate your opinions in a thoughtful manner like he did. Ding? Bingo? What debating skills you have.

Too bad you can't formulate your opinions in a thoughtful manner like he did. Ding? Bingo? What debating skills you have.

122694[/snapback]

Man, you have zero clue how silly youve made yourself look in this thread, do you?

So much has flown right over your head, its comical.

Man, you have zero clue how silly youve made yourself look in this thread, do you?

122696[/snapback]

You wouldn't know silly or comical if it hit you upside your noggin. Silly and comical is what the MNF intro was, so it's ironic you used the term "flown right over your head". You probably have no idea what I'm talking about which makes it all the more comical to me.

This thread getting so long finally tweaked my interest along with a debate on on the news channels which asked the question whether part of the reason this ad engendered so much chatter was because it featured a white woman and a black man who decided to get it on.

The most interesting thing to me in this thread was that it does include a couple of posts which link to the actual commercial so that I could see it (it was fairly tame for this adult mind as I have seen both a lot more skin on TV and here a lot more of "foul" language during the family hour on shows such as Friends).

However, mission accomplished by ABC as I had zero interest and no real knowledge of Desperate Housewives before this commercial and now might watch it once out of curiousity. I may even stick around if the show's babes have same interests as 2 of 3 women shown in the ad that given a choice between football and sex, at least on Monday nights they would choose football.

New twist in that story!

and one more "only in America " moment! After the prudish America here comes the America that must add race in everything it talks about! Thanks for reminding this to me Mr Dungy!!!!

i think i'm gonna bang my head on the wall now!

what about being scandalised with real problems guys?! Like your government changing your money into toilet paper?! i can't wait for my next summer's trip in the NW, i'll be about 45% richer than the last time i crossed the pond!

New twist in that story!

and one more "only in America " moment! After the prudish America here comes the America that must add race in everything it talks about! Thanks for reminding this to me Mr Dungy!!!!

what about being scandalised with real problems guys?! Like your government changing your money into toilet paper?! i can't wait for my next summer's trip in the NW, i'll be about 45% richer than the last time i crossed the pond!

122711[/snapback]

Ah, go eat a hunk of cheese.

I am amazed how people are crying about this whole thing on ABC yet last night if you watched the last 15 minutes of LAX last night at 8:45pm you saw Heather Locklear and Blair Underwood makin bacon for like 10 minutes- I mean bucking and all!!! yet nobody says anything about that......... :)

I am amazed how people are crying about this whole thing on ABC yet last night if you watched the last 15 minutes of LAX last night at 8:45pm you saw Heather Locklear and Blair Underwood makin bacon for like 10 minutes- I mean bucking and all!!! yet nobody says anything about that......... :)

122830[/snapback]

Because it didnt happen DURING A FOOTBALL GAME!!!!!!!!

Again...for the millionth time....these little tibits and acts are no so bad in and of themselves. Whats getting people pissed off is that they are now happenning in arenas and during shows where we are supposed to be "safe" from such displays.

Its not the ACT that is offensive. Its WHERE its being shown.

what about being scandalised with real problems guys?! Like your government changing your money into toilet paper?!

122711[/snapback]

Olivier, you know better than bringing up these fiscal issues. Care to talk about the real reasons of the foreign exchange imbalance?

122696[/snapback]

Make that THREE posts by you where you added nothing, mentioned how someone else doesn't "get it", and how you are superior because you do. Others look silly.

I know we don't agree on this. But there are 4 (yes, four) other posters on here I fully don't agree with in this thread. But each of them gave educated reasons, or at the very least their personal takes on why they don't agree or what their stance is. You simply find a person with a different viewpoint and remark that they just don't "get it", or they look silly.

I have no problem with some of the arguments against my point here. Some make valid points. You just hang around until you take a jab and then leave.

That's comical.

New twist in that story!

122711[/snapback]

Hi Olivier, what are the requirements for French citizenship, I think I want out of Jesusland.......

I have no problem with some of the arguments against my point here. Some make valid points. You just hang around until you take a jab and then leave.

stevestojan.

Go back and read the thread. stevestojan, go back and read TWO posts above the ridiculous accusation you just made.

New twist in that story!

122711[/snapback]

Dear Olivier:

I realize bashing America has now become the #2 sport in Western Europe (right behind soccer aka fag football), but do try to focus on your country's own problems first before offering to solve ours. Here's a few:

1. Poor assimilation of the rapidly growing radical Muslim immigrant population (currently at about 8% of the total French population, I believe).

2. Low birth rates (only 11 new births per 1K people a year) that, in about 20 more years, will threaten the fiscal vitality of your country's numerous social programs.

3. Your country's role in the UN Oil-for-Food scandal.

4. Government instability in the Ivory Coast and in all the other imperial remnants of your once more globally relevant country.

5. Rise of anti-Semitism within the French culture and among France's high government leadership.

6. A financially destitute military that couldn't stop a 7-11 robbery, let alone an invading country.

Take care.

- Kelso's Helmet

P.S. Go do a self-examination of your testicles and make sure they're not actually ovaries that somehow "fell down."

OK I've got a few comments on this.

1. I didn't really care for the spot, I thought it was funny but Monday Night Football openings shouldn't be used as ABC commericals.

2. The spot was NOT offensive at all to me. WOW we saw her bare back. The same country sending kids off to die in a war is now in an uproar about someones BARE BACK!!!!!

3. Tony Dungy can kiss my ass. Racially offensive? I would punch him in the mouth if he were standing in front of me right now. How the hell can someone other then Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton turn that spot into a racial issue? I hope the Colts lose every game until the end of the season with that piece of stevestojan as the coach.

In summary, the whole thing is just a big joke to me, the only thing ABC needs to apologize for is airing a Desperate Housewives commerical as the opening of MNF.

Guest Guest_Condoleeza Rice_*
Dear Olivier:

I realize bashing America has now become the #2 sport in Western Europe (right behind soccer aka fag football), but do try to focus on your country's own problems first before offering to solve ours. Here's a few:

1. Poor assimilation of the rapidly growing radical Muslim immigrant population (currently at about 8% of the total French population, I believe).

2. Low birth rates (only 11 new births per 1K people a year) that, in about 20 more years, will threaten the fiscal vitality of your country's numerous social programs.

3. Your country's role in the UN Oil-for-Food scandal.

4. Government instability in the Ivory Coast and in all the other imperial remnants of your once more globally relevant country.

5. Rise of anti-Semitism within the French culture and among France's high government leadership.

6. A financially destitute military that couldn't stop a 7-11 robbery, let alone an invading country.

Take care.

- Kelso's Helmet

P.S. Go do a self-examination of your testicles and make sure they're not actually ovaries that somehow "fell down."

123189[/snapback]

:lol::D:lol:

Kelso, do you want my job?