Poor Nancy

BillsNYC

I thought this was interesting:

Hoyer sought to pin the blame for any possible slippage on delaying tactics expected from Republicans, who unanimously oppose the health care remake.

"Nice try Rep. Hoyer, but you can't blame Republicans when the fact is you just don't have the votes," said Antonia Ferrier, spokeswoman for House Republican Leader John Boehner of Ohio.

Actually, Antonia, if they can't get the votes, he can completely blame it on Republicans because they so thoroughly kicked the crap out of the Democrats on Tuesday, putting the fear of unemployment in your Blue Dogs.

Actually, Antonia, if they can't get the votes, he can completely blame it on Republicans because they so thoroughly kicked the crap out of the Democrats on Tuesday, putting the fear of unemployment in your Blue Dogs.

"Members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus object to a provision in the Senate legislation - backed by the White House - that bars illegal immigrants from buying health insurance within a proposed new marketplace, or exchange, even if they use their own money to buy from private companies"

This is one part that drives me particularly nuts. These people really have balls. Isn't it time we tell them to go home and lock down the border?

"Members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus object to a provision in the Senate legislation - backed by the White House - that bars illegal immigrants from buying health insurance within a proposed new marketplace, or exchange, even if they use their own money to buy from private companies"

This is one part that drives me particularly nuts. These people really have balls. Isn't it time we tell them to go home and lock down the border?

They can kiss those CHC votes goodbye. Obama said NO ILLEGALS. Period. End of story. If they get any access in any way, Joe Wilson becomes smart. And I can't imagine that would happen, even by the thin margins of infer/imply that this administration live off of...

Really? There were 2 House races and the Democrats won both, thus actually gaining an additional member in Congress, which by the way is where bills are voted on.

Really? There were 2 House races and the Democrats won both, thus actually gaining an additional member in Congress, which by the way is where bills are voted on.

Yes, really. They won a seat in NoCal, which was a gimme. And if you paid attention to what happened in NY23, you would readily admit that the left didn't win that seat so much as the NY right lost it by (1) not running a primary and (2) sticking an Acorn-funded, DailyKos-endorsed liberal R on the ballot. She was no more a Republican than Arlen Specter, and it was a disgraceful selection. Plus, add to the fact that a mere 120,000 people voted in in NY23 (and the late-arriving Hoffman only lost by less than 4,000 votes) but millions voted for Republicans in VA and, of all places, a decidedly liberal state like NJ. We'll see what happens in NY23, as well as the rest of the country, in 2010.

As it stands right now, the current administration is doing absolutely, positively nothing to address the economy. They're expecting the Recovery Act to fix things, and the administration's own people have admitted that the best of the Recovery Act has passed. Pushing through health care while ignoring the jobless economic recovery will kill this administration and it's elected critters if their plan doesn't work. And I think we both know that it won't.

but millions voted for Republicans in VA and, of all places, a decidedly liberal state like NJ. We'll see what happens in NY23, as well as the rest of the country, in 2010.

NJ - Had a sitting governor with a history of sleaze. More of a referendum on him IMO

VA - On the other hand, a purple state. One of those historically red states that the DNC had hopes of turning permanently blue. I live in VA and know plenty of "Yes We Can" voters who this year turned into "Oh No We Didn't" voters

NJ - Had a sitting governor with a history of sleaze. More of a referendum on him IMO

Agreed, except for the fact that Obama made five campaign visits for Corzine, so he gets kicked for his efforts. (The left, by the way, explains that it would have been much worse for Corzine if not for Obama. So he lost less embarrassingly, which I guess means that Obama saved or created a few thousand votes for Corzine.)

Kinda tough for them to vote on the bill this weekend when they won't take office until January....

Politco saying they have 218 to pass it.

http://www.politico.com/

Although not sure what all the drama is, the bill will either die or be broken down in the senate.

This Bill will pass in the House, but will have major challenges in the Senate. Lieberman and Snowe have already said that they won't go for the Public option, and that doesn't even include about 5 other Blue Dogs who are critical of it. So, the only way it gets through the Senate is if they somehow get Lieberman and the other Blue Dogs to back down, which I doubt.

Then that leaves the Nuclear option, which I wouldn't put it past them, and if that's the case, then there will be Outrage in much of the country, and the Democrats will get slaughtered come the November elections.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29272.html

Funny thing about that article, over 30 house democrats are going to vote no on this housebill. There is one thing that we can say for sure about this Health care reform, and that is that the only thing that is Bipartisan about it, is it's OPPOSITION.

Both in the House and Senate.

“While the House bill does take some positive steps toward increasing coverage and reforming insurance regulations, it simply falls short when it comes to lowering healthcare costs for North Florida families and businesses,” said Rep. Allen Boyd (D-Fla.) in a statement Saturday explaining why he would vote “no.”

I found that to be interesting. I had just got done last week writing Allen Boyd and called his office to tell him how much I opposed this bill and I wrote a detailed letter in how this bill does nothing to bring down costs. I'm very pleased to hear that he mentioned the same thing as what I had wrote him. I also had some of my employees write him, because I knew they were against this BIll as well, actually I got lots of people from my office and friends to call him and voice their displeasure for this bill. Even though Congress lady Wasserman is in our district, I knew it would do no good and fall on deaf ears writing her, she's probably more of a libertard than Pelosi is.

Either way, I'm happy to hear that he opposed it as well.

Hopefully some of these BLue Dogs that voted for it in the house gets more than an earful when they go back home and get voted out. They definitely did not represent the people of their districts by voting for this bill.

Ooops. Passed the House. :beer:<_<:doh:

And Lieberman said he would not block it in the senate

What Lieberman said is that he would allow it to get to the next stage, but if the final bill has the "public option" in it, he would vote against it.

What Lieberman said is that he would allow it to get to the next stage, but if the final bill has the "public option" in it, he would vote against it.

You'll forgive pBills for not paying attention. But that should be no surprise to you because if he was paying attention at all, he'd be pissed about this embarrassment.

You'll forgive pBills for not paying attention. But that should be no surprise to you because if he was paying attention at all, he'd be pissed about this embarrassment.

How could he be pissed about this? He's a union guy, he's use to the higher ups making decisions for his "own good".