Vote of confidence

ieatcrayonz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine choice. The best, of course.

Here's one of E.B White's famous essays..."Farewell My Lovely". White was a remarkable writer of prose - his words flowed into the mind like warm honey. If you are a fan of our language, and I believe you are, Nanker, you will enjoy the following:

http://www.wesjones.com/white1.htm

"...Persons of a suspicious or pugnacious turn of mind bought a rear-view mirror; but most Model T owners weren't worried by what was coming from behind because they would soon enough see it out in front. They rode in a state of cheerful catalepsy."...

:lol:

Thank you for all that Cincy, and especially for the nice read. "Elements of Style," was truly a guide to me, and his writings in The New Yorker and his books were a gift to all.

I hate wimpy cars, especially those driven by Sunday drivers. Defensive drivers suck, too. Such cars are only good for driving over cliffs, imo. If I had a loser car like that, I would take it out in the pasture and shoot it. Cars like these are always breaking down at the most inopportune times . They cost way too much money to maintain, and then you can't get rid of them for all you've got invested in them. And what's up with the bland, unimaginative body styling of cars nowadays?

But most of all, I hate cars that wear sunglasses and stupid hats, and ones that scratch their face constantly when they talk.

It's really hard to find a good car.

...But most of all, I hate cars that wear sunglasses and stupid hats, and ones that scratch their face constantly when they talk...

FINALLY! Someone that understands HOW I FEEL! :cry:

Also, Dick SUCKS!

B.

I hate wimpy cars, especially those driven by Sunday drivers. Defensive drivers suck, too. Such cars are only good for driving over cliffs, imo. If I had a loser car like that, I would take it out in the pasture and shoot it. Cars like these are always breaking down at the most inopportune times . They cost way too much money to maintain, and then you can't get rid of them for all you've got invested in them. And what's up with the bland, unimaginative body styling of cars nowadays?

But most of all, I hate cars that wear sunglasses and stupid hats, and ones that scratch their face constantly when they talk.

It's really hard to find a good car.

I see your sarcasm and I get it. I don't think it is fair.

All of the people in this thread came in here to support Jauron. It is ok if you don't support him but please keep it in another thread. People like Erynthered, Naniker, DPR4444, Beerball, CodeMonkey, stuckincincy, renfruzetz, Jerry Jabber, jo39416, GG, thebug, Stevie Ray, KD in CT, Mr Obvious, jackspikes, OrangeJuiceSimps..., Don, Thoner7, bobcat, Joe in Macungie, Tcali, bills fan in ral..., evilbuffalobob, zazie, blzfan4life, crazydingo, Cereal, Rockpile, Bleed Bills Blue, and True have all unmistakenly given a vote of confidence to DJ. You can agree or disagree but at least please allow them a place to show their support without mockery.

Thanks.

I see your sarcasm and I get it. I don't think it is fair.

All of the people in this thread came in here to support Jauron. It is ok if you don't support him but please keep it in another thread. People like Erynthered, Naniker, DPR4444, Beerball, CodeMonkey, stuckincincy, renfruzetz, Jerry Jabber, jo39416, GG, thebug, Stevie Ray, KD in CT, Mr Obvious, jackspikes, OrangeJuiceSimps..., Don, Thoner7, bobcat, Joe in Macungie, Tcali, bills fan in ral..., evilbuffalobob, zazie, blzfan4life, crazydingo, Cereal, Rockpile, Bleed Bills Blue, and True have all unmistakenly given a vote of confidence to DJ. You can agree or disagree but at least please allow them a place to show their support without mockery.

Thanks.

No, thank you!