Small Consolation

C.Biscuit97

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halftime highlights: Dungy showing how Peters getting beat by Ware likely cost Philly a TD. Way to go, Jason. Your're worth every nickel. UPDATE: Peters false start on 4th and inches. I wonder if he was thinking about his next deal?

PTR

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives...agles-line.html

A couple things:

1) It doesn't change the fact that our oline still sucks right now. But IMO, our record would be the exact same with Peters. Plus, our oline sucked last year with expensive vets. I'd rather take lumps with young guys who are learning rather than pay JP, DD, & LW $22 million to be slightly better.

2) It's completely petty but I want Peters to fail terribly. He screwed us over. I don't blame him for trying to get paid but I blame the way he handled it. IMO, this trade of an overrated, injured plagued, not brilliant player for 3 players (Wood, Nelson, and a 6th rounder this year) and saying $10 million will be a win for us.

They also had the extra 4th that motivated them to trade up for Levitre. So for a 3rd a 4th, and Jason Peters they got a pair of young guards who both could be a part of this offensive line for a long time. Also they got a young tight end with a high ceiling as well as a 6th round pick in next years draft.

To me Peters is a guy who was great for a 2 year period in Buffalo and came in last season out of playing shape and too focused on his contract and ended up handing in a season where he played bad a lot of the time and even towards the end of the season wasn't near his prior form.

Give this front office credit not only did they get a good value for Peters but they drafted Byrd even though we all hated the pick at the time. Now only if they would can Jauron.