Can we please stop demonizing Jauron

I suppose something could change... We could stop being competitive in the first half and just suck the whole game.

Show me some examples of switching head coaches in mid-season that had a positive effect on the rest of the season? Might as well just wait until the end of this season when some of the big-name coaches are coming back to the NFL.

I certainly agree with you on your last point---we will wait til the season is over.

But if Jauron was half the man some here STILL believe he is, he would step down--especially if he's only here for the paycheck.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly agree with you on your last point---we will wait til the season is over.

But if Jauron was half the man some here STILL believe he is, he would step down--especially if he's only here for the paycheck.

I actually think we should buck the trend and fire and hire now. Why wait? Hopefully Ralph can part with some cash, make a big offer to a good experienced head coach and bring them in now.

I say that it will be a good thing because it will really give them more time to take notes on the team and front office. Knowing without a doubt who should stay, go or be in a different position. Of course, that would also mean this HC is also GM.

Why limit the time to make BIG changes to only the offseason?

I actually think we should buck the trend and fire and hire now. Why wait? Hopefully Ralph can part with some cash, make a big offer to a good experienced head coach and bring them in now.

I say that it will be a good thing because it will really give them more time to take notes on the team and front office. Knowing without a doubt who should stay, go or be in a different position. Of course, that would also mean this HC is also GM.

Why limit the time to make BIG changes to only the offseason?

1.) Ralph will never fire DJ during the season.

2.) No decent HC will want to walk into a disaster of a season.

No we just have custom made tshirts that call for his firing and rented billboards on the interstate that urge our owner to clean house

Because changing coaches has done so much for us in the past decade.........fan is short for fanatic for a reason

1.) Ralph will never fire DJ during the season.

2.) No decent HC will want to walk into a disaster of a season.

Bingo and bingo.

Not to mention, there's no light at the end of the tunnel, either. Other than Byrd, what's going well with this team? It's not like we're Minnesota, who was a QB away from being a playoff team. We're a QB, O-Line, D-backfield, Special Teams and entire coaching staff away from being a playoff team. A QB and a head coach might get us to (8-8), IF we have an easy schedule next year. This is a product of years of neglect and mismanagement. This isn't just Dick Jauron not being a good coach, or Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick not being good QBs. These guys are light years away from going to the playoffs. Time to look at them for what they are. They're further away from postseason than Cleveland, St. Louis, Detroit and the Raiders. It's just a bad team from top to bottom.

it really doesn't matter who the coach is. Yes the team could do better if Jauron were a better coach, but not significantly better. The team is completely lacking talent above mediocre. There are a few pieces that might plug in well on a team that has some stars, but this team completely lacks any star power. The best players are mediocre at best when compared to the rest of the league.

Until the player development side of the organization is purged, there is very little hope for improvement. We need to be able to find and develop better players.

Bingo and bingo.

Not to mention, there's no light at the end of the tunnel, either. Other than Byrd, what's going well with this team? It's not like we're Minnesota, who was a QB away from being a playoff team. We're a QB, O-Line, D-backfield, Special Teams and entire coaching staff away from being a playoff team. A QB and a head coach might get us to (8-8), IF we have an easy schedule next year. This is a product of years of neglect and mismanagement. This isn't just Dick Jauron not being a good coach, or Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick not being good QBs. These guys are light years away from going to the playoffs. Time to look at them for what they are. They're further away from postseason than Cleveland, St. Louis, Detroit and the Raiders. It's just a bad team from top to bottom.

He's had 1 winning season in his career. This makes him a good coach?

Did someone in this thread call him a "good" coach? Did you read any of the thread before you posted? I believe the poster has quite openly said he is a terrible coach.

You don't know one thing about him off the field, all you know is that he sucks as a coach. You don't know if he's a nice guy, you don't know that he'd make a good neighbor, you don't know that he'd make a good friend. You'll never know anything except that he sucks as a coach, period. Stop acting as if you know otherwise.

You're right, I don't know those things but all the circumstantial evidence seems to indicate that he is a stand up guy. The only thing I know for certain is that he's, other than the fact that he's a terrible coach I've never heard a bad word spoken about him.

So while I don't know him, I'm basing my post on what I know.

As for you, based on the history and content of your posts I'm able to conclude that you're a total douche bag and if you were my neighbor I'd likely move.

Finally someone with common sense. Although we the fans are entitled to our opinions this killing Dick thing is way over the top and unnecessary. Not to beat a dead horse but this whole thing starts at the top with owner Ralph Wilson and his unwillingness to pay good football people. If you want to punish someone or blame someone why not start with him? How do you hurt a multi millionaire? stop going to games and refuse to pay for season tickets. Even after last years poor finish we still sold out every home game this year so we the fans must not be that mad or fed up otherwise we wouldn't support this team.

Nice guy? I don't give a ****. Good father. !@#$ you, go home and play with your kids. You want to work here, win. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you rooster-sucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get in the press? If you don't like it, leave. I can go out there tonight, the materials you got, get myself 9 win. TONIGHT. Can you? Can you?

Go and do likewise. AIDA. Get MAD you son-of-a-B word. Get MAD. You know what it takes to coach in the NFL?? It takes brass balls to coach in the NFL. Go and do likewise, gents. The wins are out there, you pick 'em up, they're yours, you don't, I got no sympathy for you. You want to go out for those games and win, WIN, it's yours, if not, you're going to be shining my shoes. And you know what you'll be saying. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar: ''Oh yeah, I used to be a coach. It's a tough racket.''

These are our players. These are the Buffalo Bills. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They're for winners. I'd wish you good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it....And to answer your question, pal: Why am I here? I came here because the people of Buffalo asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and FIRE your !@#$IN' ASS because a loser is a loser.

That's a classic. I sometimes go online and Youtube that Alec Baldwin rant just to wake me up during the day. "Put the Coffee DOWN!" So many great lines in that movie.

Dick Jauron is a nice guy who also happens to be a terrible football coach. He's the type of guy any of us would want as a neighbor but no one wants coaching our team. The guy is accepting the blame and taking a whipping every week. Not that he doesn't deserve some of it but it's really starting to go over the top.

Could we please lay off the personal attacks and just focus on how bad of a coach he is. Some moron in another thread thinks we should hire someone to have him killed! Really? Is that what the level of discourse on this board is coming to?

I realize he's leading the team nowhere but he's only one piece of a team of buffoons and underskilled players that are putting us through this. I'm as frustrated as anyone but when we devolve into wishing the guy was dead that's just a bit much.

Stay classy Bills fans.

Your absolutely right. Stop the hate mail, and just get on and fire him. Stop the personaly attacks, he might be one of the worst coaches in Bills History, but he appears to be a nice guy. Just not the brightest bulb in the room, and certainly doesn't impress Bills Opponents. They laugh everytime he screws up. Dump the whole lot, clean house, but just be nice about it.