Question: Season ticket holders, are you going to renew next year?

damj

Are you renewing season tix next year?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Are you renewing season tix next year?

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't decided
    • Yes, if they make major changes

Oddly, I may actually buy them and Sabres tix next year. Probably end up giving them to family members but it is in the 5 to 10 year plan to buy a place back in Buffalo and to live there for a part of the year. I want to enjoy the local sports scene again from a local point of view.

How long have you been a fan? When tailgaiting is more important, that sad.

I had season tix during the Superbowl years ... those memories are what sustains me ... but new fans ... what do they have?!?! A game here or there ...

Question: Season ticket holders, are you going to renew next year?

I'm subletting 4 great seats, but with such a lousy product and the schedule of 2 kids to juggle ... I'm out next year.

This same question comes up every season at this time. People say they aren't going to, then they throw some smoke screen like signing T.O. and every renews with more new buyers. Until people actually walk the walk, things won't change.

I will. I don't want to lose my seats and I like tailgating and the game atmosphere too much. I haven't expected them to win for a while.

A good honest response. I like the fact you have zero expections for victory. I am tired of these true believers who keep thinking the team is better than they really are. Enjoy your tailgates...

This same question comes up every season at this time. People say they aren't going to, then they throw some smoke screen like signing T.O. and every renews with more new buyers. Until people actually walk the walk, things won't change.

True ... I know people are frustrated right now and some people saying no right now, probably will change their mind by next year. If I didn't have 2 kids in sports on the weekends, I would probably consider it next year if the team made changes ... but for me, it's not worth juggling things around for any more.

I will renew. I don't really care about the changes made (yes I want Dick gone as bad as anybody) but come on people, we live in/around Buffalo. If we don't go to the games on Sundays, what would we do? I think the atmosphere is incredible around the stadium even though we are pretty bad, and that's what I live for as a college student. I'm a Bills fan and I'll be there every Sunday next year, boozing and getting pumped up for some Bills football!

Yep. View it as an investment in the community and an economy that sorely needs the team. I know it should be about the product but its not to me. We give most of the tickets to charity so it becomes mostly tax deductible.

I love the team and the city. Personally, I stick with it through good times and bad. I just wish this version of the Bills (Coaches and Players) realized how much the city lives and dies by what they do and at times like this, when the team is so bad, its a drain on the mood and outlook of the town. It helps a bit that the Sabres have started well - but make no mistake about it--the town lives and dies with the Bills. The current braintrust seems to lack an appreciation of this. Its sad -- but I just can't abandon them....

I'm probably going to renew, if only for the fact that this is the first time in my life I have the option of being a season ticket holder for any lengthy amount of time. Ever since I was 5 years old I've been a Bills fan (thanks to my Mom who is a diehard Bills lunatic) but I've lived in countless places over the years. Albany, Brooklyn, Charleston SC, San Antonio TX, Guthrie KY, the island of Malta and then back to the Capital Region. No matter where I was I always carried my Bills gear with me, which garnered me strange stares in the South and confused questions from students in the Mediterranean.

My fiance received a scholarship to finish up her masters here in Western New York and I more than happily obliged (and...you know...pushed her out here). I know in two years I'll be living in Phoenix, Arizona...so I'm making the most of this while I have it. I'll renew...but I'll completely understand if others dont.

I will renew. I don't really care about the changes made (yes I want Dick gone as bad as anybody) but come on people, we live in/around Buffalo. If we don't go to the games on Sundays, what would we do? I think the atmosphere is incredible around the stadium even though we are pretty bad, and that's what I live for as a college student. I'm a Bills fan and I'll be there every Sunday next year, boozing and getting pumped up for some Bills football!

I hear ya ... I guess for me, we had seasons when I was in college during the Superbowl years and WE HAD A FRIGGIN' BLAST ... we even on Inside the NFL once. I gave up the tix after I got married and had kids. I missed the atmosphere and all, so when I had a crack at some sweet lower bowl tix this year I jumped on it ... but watching this team has gotten to be unbearable, and I would rather spend my sundays waching my daughter swim and my son play hockey.

We're so far removed from the glory days, it's just painful now. I saw Jim Kelly sitting a few rows behind us during the Cleveland game, and man, did he look disgusted!

By all means man, I'm not trying to discourage anyone ... rock on and enjoy!

I have 6 season tickets in the rockpiles, which are more than likely not being renewed unless this regime is axed and a competent one is brought in.

I have 4 other season tickets in section 113, that I've had for 7 seasons that I;ll probably keep. How many games I go to if Juaron is still coach is another question.

I have 6 season tickets in the rockpiles, which are more than likely not being renewed unless this regime is axed and a competent one is brought in.

I have 4 other season tickets in section 113, that I've had for 7 seasons that I;ll probably keep. How many games I go to if Juaron is still coach is another question.

ill take the rockpile seats

I dont know. Yesterday we get to the stadium at 8:10 & there was no traffic & at least lot 5 very little activity. I know the lot opens at 8am but usually it would be more packed. We set everything & although it was chilly this was an absolutely beautifull day for a tailgate/football game. We started cracking the beers as soon as we get out of the truck(actually I had one on the ride there, I live about 10 minutes from the stadium). My friend commented that this was one of the first times he could remember this late in the year where there was absolutely no wind in the parking lot. We drink plenty, we have good solid conversation about our kids, work, our hockey league that we play in. The beers are going down good & we light up the grill around 10:30. We throw on some filet mignon with bacon wrapped around them & some baby back ribs, with some scallopped potatoes that I wrapped in tin foil & put on the grill. Couple of my cousins come over, my brother in law stops by, some guys at work stop by & have a bite to eat. The ribs were terrific only to be out done by the filet. The potatoes were a big hit also. The beers continue to go done & we actually begrudingely because it was such a beautifull day head towards the stadium around 12:55. We get in for a change pretty quick. The day went downhill from there, but I was kinda expecting something like this. This is just a bad football team & I am kinda numb to it by now. Even with the loss, it was still a great way to spend a sunday morning. On cool crisp sunny fall day on the 1st of november, seeing, drinking, eating & having conversations with good friends & family that I do not get to see nearly as much as I would like to anymore, it does not get a whole lot better then this. So my answer is yes, I will be renewing next year.