OL thoughts

You have a coach that is hanging on by a string.......

- We trade away Jason Peters (I didnt necessarily have a problem with this)

BUT

- Then we worked Langston Walker through the entire training camp and preseason at LT.....THEN CUT HIM RIGHT BEFORE THE SEASON

- I didn't have a problem with not drafting a OL BUT IF YOU D O THAT THEN BRING IN VETERAN INSURANCE.....NOT COMB PRACTICE SQUADS FOR FOR BACKUP PLAYERS

Our OT situation is a damn mess

BUT

- Then we worked Langston Walker through the entire training camp and preseason at LT.....THEN CUT HIM RIGHT BEFORE THE SEASON

- I didn't have a problem with not drafting a OL BUT IF YOU D O THAT THEN BRING IN VETERAN INSURANCE.....NOT COMB PRACTICE SQUADS FOR FOR BACKUP PLAYERS

totally agree with this...

BUT

Agreed, the biggest mistake was moving Langston in the first place. We needed vets on this line and moving Walker over ruined him...he was decent enough for us on the right side, which is now a sieve, not to mention would have been helpful to have a vet next to Wood.

BUT

Langston did not want to play LT, and he let it show with his attitude and play. What veteran was available that would have made this o-line so much better?

Runyan? How many teams have passed on him?

Jones? How long did it take for a team to finally pick him up?

Bell and Butler were playing alright (The fans also got exactly what they wanted, Bell playing LT), problem has been keeping the Tackles healthy

You just dont do what the bills do and be successful and what I mean by that is put rookies side by side with each other AND use inexperienced mediocre guys next to them.

Bell is a athletic talent.......but the fact is that when he started to struggle we DIDN"T HAVE A VETERAN GUY TO FALL BACK TO who could even play average.......we are mixing and maxing PRACTICE SQUAD PLAYERS for the RT side.....then you have two rookies starting every game.......

WTF was this team thinking......

Langston did not want to play LT, and he let it show with his attitude and play. What veteran was available that would have made this o-line so much better?

Runyan? How many teams have passed on him?

Jones? How long did it take for a team to finally pick him up?

Bell and Butler were playing alright (The fans also got exactly what they wanted, Bell playing LT), problem has been keeping the Tackles healthy

There was no OT's out there that could be traded for? We are using practice squad players to protect our lousy QB's

I really hope that this team gets smart in the offseason and invests both picks AND money to free agents to upgrade these lines......

A DT is needed badly next to Stroud and that is probably where we should go with our 1st round pick should it be high enough........

We need veteran OL that can actually come in and play when called upon

BUT

Lets not forget that Wood was a center, Levitre was a tackle, I believe Hartgarner was a guard last year. This all has been mind boggling.

I really hope that this team gets smart in the offseason and invests both picks AND money to free agents to upgrade these lines......

A DT is needed badly next to Stroud and that is probably where we should go with our 1st round pick should it be high enough........

We need veteran OL that can actually come in and play when called upon

I would try and bring in two starters for sure, either a tackle and a guard or two tackles and swing Wood to center and Butler back to Guard.

WTF was this team thinking......

Maybe it really is as simple as someone else pointed out.

"Well, we didn't win it all by spending millions on a veteran OL."

"Maybe the problem is having veterans."

"Brilliant! Let's dump every one of them and go with inexperience. Brilliant!"

<clink bottles together>

BUT

And who's fault is that?

Modrak and Guy!

I would try and bring in two starters for sure, either a tackle and a guard or two tackles and swing Wood to center and Butler back to Guard.

YEah, I was thinking about this too today.

Butler is pretty solid, I like the play of Wood as well. Chambers is horrible, and at the very least the depth improved with Meredith and McKinney as Chambers should finally be cut after this season.

Levitre seems to be improving, and could be seen pushing defenders downfield after a play today. I would not give up on him yet. And unlike others, I don't see an issue with Hangartner.

A 1st rounder on a LT would be a smart move. But, to be honest, I don't watch enough college football (read: none) to even have a faint idea of who is a worthy 1st round LT in this upcoming draft.

Maybe signing a capable, veteran free agent RT once John Guy is fired would round out the offensive line for next year.

BUT

Langston Walker sucks and his absence is the least of the Bills problems. At the vet minimum he's perfect for the Raiders. My biggest B word with this team is that they had ample time after the end of last season to jettison Dockery, Walker, and the OC if none were in their plans. But the Bills have no plan. So they essentially cram a semester worth of play design, learning and fine tuning into a couple of weeks before the final. How bad you want to fail?

Does the coaching staff really deserve a pass for rubber stamping this stupidity?

No.

But one must be careful in understanding that the Bills "brain trust" involves more than just Jauron.

As I have posted many times, Jauron is only the latest fall guy. We had Williams, Mularkey, and now Jauron. We had Bledsoe, Johnson, Flutie, Holcomb, Losman, Edwards and Fitzpatrick. Yet somehow, the lack of reaching the playoffs has remained consistent. Tom Donahoe and Marv Levy also have been through OBD.

The only people associated with the on-field product who have been with the team (besides Ralph) is Tom Modrak and John Guy.

Those 2 clowns have little to do with coaching, but have alot to do with the level of talent on the field for the past 10 years.

It is my fear, that if fans fever for firing Jauron succeeds, the same fans will forget the main reason for our failing coaches...the failing front office.

BUT

our problems are many. you just spoke of one of our many series of blunders.the kind of blunders that 'no playoffs in 10 yrs' organizations make.