McNabb - 14.9 seconds to throw

stevestojan

Did anyone watch this game last night? If you missed it, you missed one of the coolese plays EVER. McNabb got rushed, got damn near sacked, pulled away from the defender, ran all the way to the right sideline, was almost sacked again, the ran across almost all the way to the left sideline, and while running to his left, launched the ball about 40 yards in the air for a perfect strike and a completion. Talk about an athlete!

The showed the play in slo-mo and he had the ball for 14.9 seconds! Unreal.

They suggested it might have been the longest (timewise) passing play ever.  It was very cool to watch.

120149[/snapback]

It was cool to watch, but while Al & Madden were gushing about it being the longest (time-wise) play, my thought was that I guess they don't remember Fran the Man or Roger-Dodger.

...it was a great play. When the hi-lite shows roll around this week, I hope they'll use Merrill Reese's call of that play. Both during and after the play, he made the reference to Rockin' Randall's 95-yard TD bomb to Fred Barnett at Ralphie's in '90, the one where RR escaped BRUUUUCE and two other Bills, ran across his end zone, flailed a bomb to midfield and Barnett outleaped JD Williams and scampered the rest of the way.

Although the McNabb-to-Mitchell play didn't go to the house, it was still an amazing play. One that showcased McNabb's escapability, his smarts, and his arm.

The first TD to TO last night was also a gem. That was a low laser McNabb threw and TO caught a tough pass in stride and went the distance.

That was a nice bounce-back for the Iggles after the drubbing they took in Pgh the week before.

I saw Todd Pinkston quoted as saying after the game:  "With McNabb as our QB, we never believe the play os over"

You think the Bills WR's think the same thing of Pat-Pat Drew?!?!?  :unsure:  :blink:

120329[/snapback]

Do they believe the play ever starts?