The lynch mob mentality is getting funny

Fezmid

Well gee who seems to always be right at the center of controversy?

121150[/snapback]

My post stated that fans as well as posters here should feel free to criticize the team to their heart's content, because the industry of sports needs emotional involvement to exist. By contrasting example, who would get worked up and espouse strong opinions about a toaster or a microwave oven?

We still seem to be at cross purposes, Slamn.. are you perhaps referring to DB or the controversy therin?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By contrasting example, who would get worked up and espouse strong opinions about a toaster or a microwave oven?

My wife and I registered for (and received) a REALLY cool toaster for our wedding... It has sensors for defrosting things (good for frozen bread/bagels), a bagle mode, memory to store toasting settings for different types of toast, etc. Very cool toaster. The thing cost $150 but as I said, it's VERY cool.

Oh, you were being sarcastic... Oh well, everyone looks at me funny when I hype up this toaster anyway. :doh:

CW

Let's see if I can capture the TSW lynch mob mentality over the past 8 years or so:

"{Rob Johnson|Doug Flutie|Both QBs} SUCK!  Get them out of town!  Boo them on the field!  Cheer when they get injured!"

"Wade Phillips is a CRAPPY COACH!  Get him out of town!  Boo him on the field!  Cheer if he gets tangled up in his headset!  Oh, wait..."

"Ralph Wilson sucks!  He's too meddling!  I hope he has a heart attack and we get a REAL owner!"

"John Butler SUCKS!!!!  He can't draft anyone!  He pays too much money to everyone!  Fire that FAT LARD ASS!!!!  HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!"

"Greggggggggggg Williams SUCKS!  Get him out of town!!!!  The guy's overweight too for crying out loud!  I hope someone shoots him on his way out of town!"

"Travis Henry SUCKS!  He fumbles all the time!!!!  He picks up 16 year old girls!!!!  Get him out of town, he's STOOOOPID!"

"Peerless Price SUCKS!! The guy fumbles and takes stupid penalties!!!!!  KICK HIM OUT OF BUFFALO!"

"TD SUCKS!!!!!  He traded Peerless Price!!!!  We need a REAL GM!!!!!!  Boo him out of town!"

"Jerry Gray SUCKS!!  We have a top-5 defense in name only!!!  Everyone knows the only thing that REALLY matters is {insert some stat we're not good at here} and we're not doing that!!!  Fire him!!!!"

"Mularky sucks!!!!  Why didn't he go for it on 4th down?!"

"Drew {Bledsoe|Bledslow|Deadsow|Deadslow|...|...|... } SUCKS!!!!  The guy doesn't care about football!  He's not a real leader!  Since he won't bench himself, I hope he DIES ON THE FIELD SO JPL can PLAY!!!!!  Boo him!!!"

See a trend?

CW

119702[/snapback]

Actually, no I don't see a trend...

This is typical overgeneralization to make a point because you obviously don't like the fact that Bledsoe is all but done in Buffalo, and boo hoo he's getting picked on...

For example, not a single person on this Board was in favor of running EVERY person on your list out of town...Not one...

I was never a Flutie Fan, and I thought GW pretty much sucked from the start. I've been off the Bledsoe Bandwagon since this past off Season...

The rest on your list I supported, or continue to support...Willis is obviously a better back than Travis overall, but I still think Travis is a quality NFL HB...MM is having the expected growing pains of a 1st year HC, no big deal, he'll be just fine...TD has made some poor decisions and some great one's, but had he just cut Bledsoe this past off season he would have been my hero regardless...I LOVED JB. Granted he was brutal with the Cap, but JB was a great Scouting mind and a better person...Ralph...Who has complained about Ralph? Peerless was a great #2 WR, he just wanted too much cash, that's all...Wade was classic! Best sound bites, and a good guy...Jerry Gray is a good, not great DC. But I'm O.K. with him...I backed RJ, so sue me...

Sorry, but if there is one single thing that I cannot stomach it's overgeneralization. Had enough of that garbage during the Presidential Campaign...

You want a trend, over the last 33 Regular Season Games the Bills have lost 2 out of every 3...In the 34 Games prior to DB's forced benching in NE, the Pats won 13 times...Care to guess what the two Teams had in common?

No offense, but believe it or not, Drew can take it. He's a big boy, and a real decent guy...He's got a great family and a loving wife at home...He'll be just fine, and he's paid a King's ransom for taking the heat like a Man...

Pardon me while I brush up on tying my lynching rope knot...It's been a while... :doh:

This is typical overgeneralization to make a point because you obviously don't like the fact that Bledsoe is all but done in Buffalo, and boo hoo he's getting picked on...

121176[/snapback]

WOW, now that's what I call cutting to the chase.

KOK, you oughta be a movie director. :doh:

WOW, now that's what I call cutting to the chase.

KOK, you oughta be a movie director. :doh:

121181[/snapback]

Well I'm sure if I made a movie about DB's stay in Buffalo it would have to be Horror Flick... :D

Believe me, I long for the day when we can all just get along!

But what fun would that be...right? B)

I'm not a connoisseur of crap metal but didn't they open for Dokken? Or Dream Theater?

121187[/snapback]

Ha! I get it! :doh:

Actually...Lynch Mob was Dokken Guitarist George Lynch's Band after he left Dokken...

So I guess they may have opened for Dream Theater, but I doubt they opened for Dokken... :D

Stop AD...I'll have to whip out that old cassette I've got...Where is that damn thing anyway???:doh:

121209[/snapback]

I have the CDs...

I love George Lynch. The guy is a crazy good guitar player. They do a pretty good version of "Tie Your Mother Down" on one of the albums.

I miss the late '70s early '80s. :D

I have the CDs...

I love George Lynch.  The guy is a crazy good guitar player.  They do a pretty good version of "Tie Your Mother Down" on one of the albums.

I miss the late '70s early '80s.  :doh:

121212[/snapback]

I've never heard that version of "TYMD," but I LOVE that song...And Queen for that matter, but that's another story all together...

GL is an awesome Guitarist, and one of the great Drunks of R&R in his time...There are a million classic stories of GL's drinking...He's cleaned up now...I see him a lot on VH1, and he looks great! He can still play the hell out of that ax too!

That 1st Lynch Mob was pretty darn good...Never listened to much after that, but I'll have to check out that version of "TYMD."

Thanks for the tip AD...You da Man...Anyone who quotes Queesnryche is a Friend of mine!

I've never heard that version of "TYMD," but I LOVE that song...And Queen for that matter, but that's another story all together...

GL is an awesome Guitarist, and one of the great Drunks of R&R in his time...There are a million classic stories of GL's drinking...He's cleaned up now...I see him a lot on VH1, and he looks great! He can still play the hell out of that ax too!

That 1st Lynch Mob was pretty darn good...Never listened to much after that, but I'll have to check out that version of "TYMD."

Thanks for the tip AD...You da Man...Anyone who quotes Queesnryche is a Friend of mine!

121219[/snapback]

Just a man of many talents and tastes. I saw GL on the 100 greatest metal moments this weekend. He looks almost as good as Ronnie Dio looks bad. Whoa.

Cheers.

Just a man of many talents and tastes.  I saw GL on the 100 greatest metal moments this weekend.  He looks almost as good as Ronnie Dio looks bad.  Whoa.

Cheers.

121225[/snapback]

:doh:

Saw that Show too...Talk about a flashback! I could have sworn some of that Parking Lot Film was the old Perrinton Park Gang I used to run with, or any night at The Penny Arcade in the 80's!!! :D

RJD...well he was never the most attractive little guy anyway...Great pipes though!

Actually, no I don't see a trend...

For example, not a single person on this Board was in favor of running EVERY person on your list out of town...Not one...

I never said that there was one person in favor of running everyone on the list out of town. However, every one of those players has had a group of fans who wanted to run him out of town.

Ralph...Who has complained about Ralph?

Here's the thread from yesterday:

http://205.134.161.85/forums/index.php?showtopic=10105

There's been plenty of others in the past (although yesterday's wasn't bad; at least good questions were brought up and it wasn't just one attack after another)

Sorry, but if there is one single thing that I cannot stomach it's overgeneralization. Had enough of that garbage during the Presidential Campaign...

Again, I'm not overgeneralizing; every single one of those people on the list has had a lynch mob attached to them, some to greater degrees than others.

No offense, but believe it or not, Drew can take it. He's a big boy, and a real decent guy...He's got a great family and a loving wife at home...He'll be just fine, and he's paid a King's ransom for taking the heat like a Man...

My post had NOTHING to do with Bledsoe (aside from him being one in a long line of lynchees). I'm just sick of the display that SOME (not all, not even necessarily you) show around here (and in the stands). Cheering when someone gets injured? Wishing to personally injure someone? Coming up with stupid names like "Deadslow," "Bleedslow," etc? Lame...

CW

Peter, don't worry too much about Bills fans. For every Lynch Mobber here on TSW, I know equally as many fans that are level headed, support the team, and don't actually think every comment from OBD is some slanted spin. Many of those fans refuse to post here or are simply not the message board types, but you will find them sitting at the Ralph on most sundays.

119862[/snapback]

Actually I think the level headed fans easily outnumber the Lynch Mobbers 10:1

They are just not quite so loud and post less frequently. :doh:

There's always:

"Did you hear that idiot Phillips say we were out of the playoffs while we were still mathematically alive?!?!?! And then the Colts, in the same position, beat us and went to the playoffs!!! What an idiot!  Fire him!"

coupled with

"Did you hear that idiot Mularkey say we were still capable of making the playoffs with only 7 games left in the season?! What an idiot!  Fire him!"

121151[/snapback]

Thats the one that kills me. People complaining Mularkey hasn't given up on the season yet, but the same ones bitching that Wade did.