Has anybody actually seen/experienced something paranormal?

RayFinkle

Anybody actually had a genuine paranormal experience?

I can't stop the funny guys from posting about the time they saw klingons around uranus, but I'd like to keep the topic as serious as possible in honor of Halloween.

Thanks.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody actually had a genuine paranormal experience?

I can't stop the funny guys from posting about the time they saw klingons around uranus, but I'd like to keep the topic as serious as possible in honor of Halloween.

Thanks.

I once understood an EII post. I think that counts.

Twice

I saw a UFO when I was a little kid. My parents, my brother, and I were at Putt-Putt having some good old fashioned early 80s American fun. When all of a sudden appeared this silver delta shaped aircraft flying very low and very quietly. I saw it, my parents saw it, and everybody else at Putt-Putt stopped and looked up to the sky. In retrospect, I suspect it may have been a Stealth fighter (this was before the Stealth program was made public)

My second paranormal experience occured in my early 20s. I was staying in a motel for a couple days until my new apartment was ready to be moved into. I was sleeping and something woke me up. I looked up and saw what looked like an old lady staring at me from beside the bed. I was startled, jumped up, and it was gone

Twice for me, too.

First one was back in the early 90s. A couple buddies and I started messing around with the Ouija board. Not much happened, but then we heard that it worked better when you had both genders represented. So we brought out one of the hot girls from work to join us. About an hour or two into the session, we were going to give up....but then it started becoming more active, spelling out words and phrases like "help me" and "where am I?" It freaked us out at first, but then it got kind of annoying. Anyway, the next day when I came into work, my friend (whose apartment we were using the board in) looked a bit flustered. I asked him what was wrong, and he took me aside in one of the back rooms. He said that earlier in the day he was awakened by some commotion in one of the downstairs apartments. He inquired as to what was going on and saw an ambulance taking a body out of the building. Apparently the lady in the apartment directly beneath his had passed away in her sleep the night before. Naturally, we thought that maybe this was the spirit of that lady trying to figure out what had happened to her.

Second time, it was when I was living in Philly in a studio apartment. I had written something for a literature class that involved the topic of the bible and Satan. (It was basically a poem about being "vigilant" to the influence of evil.) Well in the middle of the night, I found myself in that sort of half awake, half asleep state....I rolled over onto my back, and there was a greenish terminator-looking head just floating there, rotating about three feet above me. I jumped out of bed, started swearing up a storm, and it was gone. Scared the bejeezus out of me!

I'm not sure how to classify this story, could be paranormal, could be variables that I hadn't noticed at the time, but who knows.

Myself and two of my buddies went up to Sherkston Beach in Canada a few years ago, where my other buddy has a cottage. On the drive up, he mentions that there's this cool castle-type mansion being built down this gravel road off in the distance. We were interested at the time so we went down the gravel road to check it out. The road is about a mile long with no streets coming off in between the two main roads that it connects, and there was tall grass and trees on either side of the narrow road. So anyways, were driving down and we see 2 guys and 2 girls sitting on the hood of what looked like, a perfectly conditioned hot red muscle car from probably the 60s or 70s (I'm not much of a car guy) on the side of the gravel road. They seemed very friendly and waved to us as we maneuvered past where they were parked. They had an older looking camera and were taking pictures of each other on the car. We didn't think anything of it at the time, so we pass them stop and check out the immense mansion and then turn around and start heading back the way we came. We had to pass their car again to get back to the main road, so they waved to us again, as we passed. I'm about 20-30 seconds down the road, when I look in my rearview mirror and notice that the car is no longer there. There were only two ways off that street and I don't think there was any way they could've driven over half a mile in less than a 30 seconds without me seeing them or any dust or dirt from the road being kicked up.

I'm still not too sure what to make of the experience, but all I can say is that I can't explain how they disappeared so fast.

Twice

I saw a UFO when I was a little kid. My parents, my brother, and I were at Putt-Putt having some good old fashioned early 80s American fun. When all of a sudden appeared this silver delta shaped aircraft flying very low and very quietly. I saw it, my parents saw it, and everybody else at Putt-Putt stopped and looked up to the sky. In retrospect, I suspect it may have been a Stealth fighter (this was before the Stealth program was made public)

My second paranormal experience occured in my early 20s. I was staying in a motel for a couple days until my new apartment was ready to be moved into. I was sleeping and something woke me up. I looked up and saw what looked like an old lady staring at me from beside the bed. I was startled, jumped up, and it was gone

:worthy::wallbash:

And some think that I am on some strong peyote.

:wallbash:

Second time, it was when I was living in Philly in a studio apartment. I had written something for a literature class that involved the topic of the bible and Satan. (It was basically a poem about being "vigilant" to the influence of evil.) Well in the middle of the night, I found myself in that sort of half awake, half asleep state....I rolled over onto my back, and there was a greenish terminator-looking head just floating there, rotating about three feet above me. I jumped out of bed, started swearing up a storm, and it was gone. Scared the bejeezus out of me!

These were both dreams. I have stuff like that happen to me all the time. I think somebody is standing by my bed so I launch a pillow at him or something. Then I wake up and realize my mind is imagining things.

twice

Care to expand on that?

Twice

A friend of mine who lived across the street had an uncle who worked at Lockheed. In the early 80's he told me they were working on an "invisible" airplane which I laughed at at the time. I think his uncle meant "invisible to radar".

I've had a couple of my own experience and some related by a friend.

My first one was when I was a freshman in college. A guy held a party at his house and behind the house was a farmers field. It was spring and the field had just been tilled and due to rains it was very muddy. This girl and I walked outside and I looked at the field. Off in the distance was a white light that looked like a bright white ghost digging in the field. The girl I was with grabbed my arm and pulled me close. (which didn't suck) I wanted to go out into the field but it was deeply muddy and with sneakers on I didn't want to go. I ran into the house and asked the host if he had binoculars and due to being drunk he had no inclination toward looking for them. I was stone cold sober because I was driving and to this day I'm sure I saw a ghost of some kind.

The second was when I was leaving work one really cold winter night about 1am. I started my car and began to scrape it off. I noticed a red light like the lights on top of radio towers. I kept scraping and then I realized there was no radio tower out that way. I stopped and looked at it for awhile and a silhouette against the dark cloudy sky became apparent. It was a black triangular shaped craft with a red light at the center hovering silently about a half mile away over some houses. After awhile it began moving without a sound. I jumped into my car and tried to follow it but it went across the road where I couldn't follow it. If it was military it was far beyond anything we have today and this was about 12-15 years ago. Craft fitting this description had been reported over Europe for years before this.

It didn't have the white lights on each corner and the center light was red but it looked sort of similar to

A friend of mine worked in Webster Park as a park narc. There is an old insane asylum they use as a party house for rent. His job was to make sure everything was cleaned up after the renters left. He had to go inside to check everything out. After checking he'd turn out the lights and leave. He was always sure to push the switches down all the way. The next time he'd make his rounds or another time after that the lights would be back on and he'd have to turn them out. I used to hang with him some nights and shoot the :worthy: with him. He took me into that house and showed me upstairs where someone had nailed a cross on the floor in a closet upstairs. It looked like it had been there for about 5-10 years and so probably didn't date back to when it was an asylum, it was very weird.

There was another house that had recently been donated to the park and he said it was haunted too. So we went there and he wouldn't turn the lights off because he was

We were looking up at the ceiling and the light flickered a little. "Did you see that!" he said. Thinking he was merely mentioning the light flicker I said yes. To this day he believes I saw a ghost like he thinks he did. :wallbash:

Twice for me, too.

First one was back in the early 90s. A couple buddies and I started messing around with the Ouija board. Not much happened, but then we heard that it worked better when you had both genders represented. So we brought out one of the hot girls from work to join us. About an hour or two into the session, we were going to give up....but then it started becoming more active, spelling out words and phrases like "help me" and "where am I?" It freaked us out at first, but then it got kind of annoying. Anyway, the next day when I came into work, my friend (whose apartment we were using the board in) looked a bit flustered. I asked him what was wrong, and he took me aside in one of the back rooms. He said that earlier in the day he was awakened by some commotion in one of the downstairs apartments. He inquired as to what was going on and saw an ambulance taking a body out of the building. Apparently the lady in the apartment directly beneath his had passed away in her sleep the night before. Naturally, we thought that maybe this was the spirit of that lady trying to figure out what had happened to her.

That's creepy. :wallbash:

These were both dreams. I have stuff like that happen to me all the time. I think somebody is standing by my bed so I launch a pillow at him or something. Then I wake up and realize my mind is imagining things.

:worthy: Yes, everybody's experiences are just like yours.

A site about Near Death Experiences: http://www.near-death.com/index.html

"What's wrong with this picture" (a ghost debunking site) has a picture up that has a ghost barely visible in it. It was taken in Greenmount, PA just outside Gettysburg. They say that it's a trick of the light and shadows but I'm not so sure. Look in the right corner where the heating register is. To the left of the register there's a dog's bed. Look above that and unfocus your eyes like you're looking at one of those magic pictures with the 3d image hidden. It may take you a little time to see it. Try not to blink as much as possible. It took me about a minute but I can see a civil war soldier, gun on his back looking out the window as if waiting for someone. Supposedly this house was taken over as a Confederate safehouse for the battle of Gettysburg and the old couple who had just recently bought the house have reported a lot of strange things happening there.

http://www.ripperd.com/ftp/admins/whatswrong.swf