Edwards fans are sounding desperate for Fitzy to fail

Edwards has been cold the past few weeks. Fitz hasn't really looked good but he's making plays at the right time. The turnovers have definitely been a huge help, no question about it, but Fitz has been putting it in the endzone and TE hasn't.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to seem ill-tempered or argumentative, but:

He played fine the following week against San Diego, who promptly had to fire their DC.

He played fine against KC, who was in the bottom 5 defenses last year.

He played fine against Denver, who was last in the league in defense last year.

He played fine against TB this year, who is 27th in the league in defense through 7 weeks.

All of those games came post-concussion. His problem isn't the concussion, that's an excuse. His problem is that he isn't a very good quarterback. He can play well against lousy defenses, but even an average defense can expose his limitations.

We'll never know for certain.

But I remember those first games pre-concussion, and he certainly looked a hella good qb then.

He has not looked the same since even if he had a few even games thereafter. Notice too, the first big hit this year and he is right back out; the second concussion comes easier than the first. and the third...

His head is broken. Its over.

They got "run out of town" because they weren't good.

Hindsight is 20/20. There were plenty of fair weather fans who wanted Reich and later Collins to start ahead of Kelly at times. After Kelly retired, the Bills had two different QBs make the Pro Bowl while playing for them. They were both run out of town.

Edwards showed he had the stuff early last season until he got hurt. Maybe he recovers, maybe he doesn't. But judging him while he was forced to run that abortion of the K-Gun with no offensive line is not fair IMHO.

Guest dog14787
Hindsight is 20/20. There were plenty of fair weather fans who wanted Reich and later Collins to start ahead of Kelly at times. After Kelly retired, the Bills had two different QBs make the Pro Bowl while playing for them. They were both run out of town.

Edwards showed he had the stuff early last season until he got hurt. Maybe he recovers, maybe he doesn't. But judging him while he was forced to run that abortion of the K-Gun with no offensive line is not fair IMHO.

More logic, nice to see :thumbsup:

A lot of Edwards fan boys on the forum throwing out exotic stats that "prove Edwards is a better quarterback." I for one find this disturbing. if you really love the Bills, you should be happy they're finally winning instead of looking for excuses why Fitzy won or excuses why Edwards loses. Why not save all your "bombshell" stat comparisons for a Fitzpatrick loss? Or are you worried that he keeps winning and steals the job and saves Dick's job?

I for one am not happy they are winning :thumbsup:

The last thing I want to see is Dick Jauron going 7-9 and Wilson retaining him another year...Let's face facts, this Bills team stinks.

They beat the Panthers at Carolina but shouldn't have... out gained 465-167 yds- the Carolina QB threw 3 INT's and they lost another turnover to make 4, time of possession 25:20 to 34:40.

They beat the Jets at NY but shouldn't have...210 yards given up to Thomas Jones and another 99 to Leon Washington, 300+ yards on the ground only to see their rookie QB throw 5 picks.

You know the old adage, even a blind squirrel can find an acorn now and again,this time he found 2, big deal. It won't feed him over the winter and he will die.

I can't find solace in beating in a crappy team beating another crap team, because when the Bills face a good team they get destroyed 27-7 or 38-10.

All winning is doing is prolonging the agony, and keeping the Bills from a better draft pick and better head coach.

A lot of Edwards fan boys on the forum throwing out exotic stats that "prove Edwards is a better quarterback." I for one find this disturbing. if you really love the Bills, you should be happy they're finally winning instead of looking for excuses why Fitzy won or excuses why Edwards loses. Why not save all your "bombshell" stat comparisons for a Fitzpatrick loss? Or are you worried that he keeps winning and steals the job and saves Dick's job?

Dude, he has one win as a starter, a win in which the offense including Fitz did nothing. I don't know of any Bill's fan that is hoping he fails, just realist who know there is a starter in Buffalo right now, and it is Edwards. Not a discussion for anyone with a clue. I am not even a Edwards fan really, it is just obvious, that they have to find out if he is the future or not.

Guest dog14787

The last thing I want to see is Dick Jauron going 7-9 and Wilson retaining him another year...Let's face facts, this Bills team stinks.

They beat the Panthers at Carolina but shouldn't have... out gained 465-167 yds- the Carolina QB threw 3 INT's and they lost another turnover to make 4, time of possession 25:20 to 34:40.

They beat the Jets at NY but shouldn't have...210 yards given up to Thomas Jones and another 99 to Leon Washington, 300+ yards on the ground only to see their rookie QB throw 5 picks.

You know the old adage, even a blind squirrel can find an acorn now and again,this time he found 2, big deal. It won't feed him over the winter and he will die.

I can't find solace in beating in a crappy team beating another crap team, because when the Bills face a good team they get destroyed 27-7 or 38-10.

All winning is doing is prolonging the agony, and keeping the Bills from a better draft pick and better head coach.

You must be a little happy the defense is getting rewarded for their valiant effort the last two games and all season long for that matter.

Ridiculous.. So you'd rather have sayy.. the 2009 Rams as your team, or the 2008-2009 Lions... makes no sense. going 7-9 or going 0-16 isn't going to matter for next year, no matter where we end up, there is still obviously going to need to be improvements made.

Although in a crude way, you are making a bit of a point. When Edwards took over the main difference between him and JP was in the W/L column. Losman simply lost game after game. Trent kid showed promise; this is beyond dispute.

That said, I was at the Cleveland game and it was ugly. Trent has not been playing well to say the least. As a fan of Trent Edwards (I still think he has talent), I am looking at the real, and very sad possibility that he is shot.

I like the kid a lot and am not ashamed to say so. What I won't do however is hang on to a dream (or nightmare) the way the Losman supporters did and continue to do. I learned that lesson ala Rob Johnson.

Btw welcome to the board. I noticed that your post count is low and virtually all of your posts are about Fitz/Edwards. What was your screen name when JP was the QB? :D

:thumbsup:

Dude, he has one win as a starter, a win in which the offense including Fitz did nothing. I don't know of any Bill's fan that is hoping he fails, just realist who know there is a starter in Buffalo right now, and it is Edwards. Not a discussion for anyone with a clue. I am not even a Edwards fan really, it is just obvious, that they have to find out if he is the future or not.

How much more evidence do you need? Edwards is a terrible quarterback. If he was capable of being a good quarterback, he'd have shown signs of it by now.

Offseason need #1 is a starting QB. I'll admit I was wrong about Fitzpatrick: I thought he was a total wasted signing, but after 2 games, I think he's more or less an okay backup. Now we just need a good starter and a good O-line for him to play behind.

Guest dog14787
everyone claiming that Fitz hasn't done anything... wake up.. The defense hasn't scored any touchdowns. Fitz however, has thrown a couple. Remember, It's a team game.

Easy to get a score when the football is gift wrapped by the defense and given to you in the red zone to start your drives.

That's right, it is a team game.

Forget stats and whose are better and who looks better. If you can't stay healthy and stay on the field, your not cut out to be a NFL caliber starting QB. Trent hasn't played a whole season since freshmen year in highschool. He simply can't stay on the field. 2 concussions in 12 months, he's a disease the we will be fighting off if we don't get rid of him or replace him as the starter.

Not saying that fitzy is the answer by all means, but I just don't trust Trent anymore.

Easy to get a score when the football is gift wrapped by the defense and given to you in the red zone to start your drives.

The red zone isn't exactly a cake walk , even with crappy teams defending.. The panthers pass D isn't exactly ****ty. Just saying. This sunday will make or break my argument. :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
Forget stats and whose are better and who looks better. If you can't stay healthy and stay on the field, your not cut out to be a NFL caliber starting QB. Trent hasn't played a whole season since freshmen year in highschool. He simply can't stay on the field. 2 concussions in 12 months, he's a disease the we will be fighting off if we don't get rid of him or replace him as the starter.

Not saying that fitzy is the answer by all means, but I just don't trust Trent anymore.

Poor O-line play throughout your career tends to get QB's injured, does that even register with you guys.

Guest dog14787
The red zone isn't exactly a cake walk , even with crappy teams defending.. The panthers pass D isn't exactly ****ty.

Good point, if folks would use this kind of logic they might have a decent argument. ( get out of here) :thumbsup:

Panthers Pass defense is one of the best in the league.

Welcome to the board buddy.

The red zone isn't exactly a cake walk , even with crappy teams defending.. The panthers pass D isn't exactly ****ty. Just saying. This sunday will make or break my argument. :thumbsup:

Except on Lynch's TD, when it almost literally was a cakewalk.