Lynch and Jackson

MURTR

How should Lynch & Jackson split carries?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How should Lynch & Jackson split carries?

• 100% Lynch, 0% Jackson
    • 75% Lynch, 25% Jackson
    • 50% Lynch, 50% Jackson
    • 25% Lynch, 75% Jackson
    • 0% Lynch, 100% Jackson

I personally think this offense is more suited for Jackson. My ideal scenario would be to start Jackson and give him the ball for the first 2.5 quarters....if he is doing well, keep giving him majority of the carries for the rest of the game. If he isnt doing too well then give a hungry, more motivated Lynch the rock and let him pound on the D.

Regardless of the split, I think Jackson needs more touches. And whoever starts should be given at least the half to get a good rhythm going.

Our running game was better without Lynch. He's not "slippery" enough to squeak through the small holes our line creates and not fast enough to get outside.

Give Fred the bloody ball!

Right...and the fact that defenses have started stacking the box since our inept offense doesn't include wide receivers have NOTHING to do with the fact that both of them have done nothing over the past three games.

All I know is that Jackson needs a lot more touches. When was the last screen we ran to Jackson?

i was thinking that sunday- then i saw them try to run a screen with this revamped o line and fitz got crushed

oh yea i said that's we we gave up running screens after week 2

i think it depends on the opponent and their defense.

we have 2 starting quality RBs. this is NOT a problem, it's a good thing.

the PROBLEM is that we don't have the coaching that can figure out a way to use them both effectively.

blanket questions like this, and trying to downplay one of the great backs we have for the other, is ridiculous.

I always like it when we have Marshawn in the backfield and Freddy in the slot (or the other way around). Both of these guys can be on the field at all times. We need to find a way to do this.

We actually did seem to run a lot of plays where we had both guys in the backfield. The problem is that we don't really know how to use both guys as threats when they're in there.

I still don't understand why we don't run the wildcat with both of them. Lynch is a better version of Ricky Williams and Jackson is arguably a better version of Ronnie Brown.

i am so glad the coach disagrees with you.

fj stat of the week.

2 yards on 5 carries.

i voted 75% lynch/25% jackson

Same here...many of the guys in these forums only care about what have you done for me lately.....one guy actually said Lynch needs to hit get the line quicker......if you think FJ hits the line the quicker than ML you are crazy....ML attacks when he runs the ball, he almost always falls forward......FJ takes his time and waits for things to develop.....we are lucky to have both but make no mistake about, Lynch is THE back

I would say 60% LYNCH, 40% Jackson.

3rd and 1-3...Lynch

3rd and 5+...Jackson

Hate to rain on your parade, but if we used the backs according to those down & distances, the split would probably be 15% Lynch and 85% Jackson with this amazing offense.

I always like it when we have Marshawn in the backfield and Freddy in the slot (or the other way around). Both of these guys can be on the field at all times. We need to find a way to do this.

agree.

I also think we need to use our FB more. Our OLine is still a work-in-process and all our TEs suck at blocking, so at least give our RBs a lead blocker to work with.

Has everybody forgotten how dominant Jackson was when he was alone in the backfield? He was 2nd in the league in yards from scrimmage after 3 games. He played excellent, the run game was at its best. Leave him in there as the primary. Marshawn gets no more than 25% until he proves it. Reputation/brand name is a recipe for disaster but what do you expect from a genius like Jauron?

Jackson was bouncing off piles of defenders like a mini-Adrian Peterson. The current format is not working and while Lynch is a solid back and pounds hard, the run game is not inspiring. Jackson is dominant--the Bills are wasting an elite back just because he doesn't have the pedigree.