Lynch and Jackson

MURTR

How should Lynch & Jackson split carries?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How should Lynch & Jackson split carries?

• 100% Lynch, 0% Jackson
    • 75% Lynch, 25% Jackson
    • 50% Lynch, 50% Jackson
    • 25% Lynch, 75% Jackson
    • 0% Lynch, 100% Jackson

I vote for the 50/50, but not necessarily all out of the back field. Both catch and run really well. I love the arguments...Freddy did so good...blah blah blah... They both have been shut down the last few games, and I don't think it is either of their faults. The guy sitting behind me at the Browns game said it about as well as I have heard: "Lynch is rare talent at back, if we trade him we will be crying about it for years while he runs over the rest of the league." I know, I know, he dances etc. Maybe you want to go out there and run right into a pile of 300 lb. maniacs, who's sole intent is to rip you to pieces....any takers?

I like them out of the split back, with one down field or blocking and the other as a check down. On a team that has some glaring holes, it is laughable that while on one thread we say we need this, and this, and this, and so on, but we have two backs worthy of starting almost anywhere else, and you feel like we need to pick one or the other. I like having both of them, and I love the difference in their styles.

I think the real problem is not the arrows, it's the Indian. If you can call the right plays, play the right packages, etc. You can make the best talents look horrible...How did O.J. do his first year here? Once in a lifetime talent, and the wrong system...he wanted out of football. Thurman...you try pounding him up the middle every touch (see Jackson, Freddy last two weeks) and he is out of the league and bagging groceries. You play to his strengths and he revolutionized the RB position.

My $.02

I personally think this offense is more suited for Jackson. My ideal scenario would be to start Jackson and give him the ball for the first 2.5 quarters....if he is doing well, keep giving him majority of the carries for the rest of the game. If he isnt doing too well then give a hungry, more motivated Lynch the rock and let him pound on the D.

Regardless of the split, I think Jackson needs more touches. And whoever starts should be given at least the half to get a good rhythm going.

Pounding on the defense only works when you are up and protecting a lead while the defense is tired. If anything Lynch should start. See if we can establish that pounding run game. If we get behind perhaps we use more Jackson middle of the field and utilize Lynches nose and tough running and nose for the end zone in the red zone.