Andy Levitre

NoName

I am sure its just me. I don't understand why everyone wants to put Eric Wood so high above Levitre. I think the two have been playing at the same level. Sometimes, Levitre has better games sometimes Wood has better games. Not to mention that LG is a harder position than RG. I think there are two reasons why people want to put Wood above Levitre.

1) The Hall of Fame Game

2) Wood was drafted higher

I remember after the hall of fame game, people was saying that Levitre should be headed to the bench in favor of Seth Mckiney

Eventually, I would like to see Wood moved to Center. I think you want a player of his caliber at Center as opposed to Guard

Eventually, I would like to see Wood moved to Center. I think you want a player of his caliber at Center as opposed to Guard

Agreed. Hangartner is OK, but he's not a dominant Center. Wood has the stuff to be a dominant Center. Levitre is a damn good player. Don't be surprised if Bell and Meredith improve a ton by the end of this season too. They've got the tools to be very good players as well. Tackle is a much harder position to play than guard.

I think they are both great. Easily our two .best OL this season. I would say Wood is better with bull rushes but gets beat with quicker-agility type moves. Levitre has more trouble with Bull rushes but is better with the quicker style moves. I say that because anytime I notice either is being beat, that seems to be the reason. Levitre yesterday was pushed back into Fitz and caused a and throw on an open out route. Wood has been schooled at times too. I simply like Wood more because on run plays, you can see him driving defenders 5-10 yards downfield. When there is a pile up at the end of the run, he comes in and just hits guys for the hell of it. If we had 5 Woods on the OL we would never have to pass. I will take 4 Woods/Levitres and one Butler though.

I think they are both great. Easily our two .best OL this season. I would say Wood is better with bull rushes but gets beat with quicker-agility type moves. Levitre has more trouble with Bull rushes but is better with the quicker style moves. I say that because anytime I notice either is being beat, that seems to be the reason. Levitre yesterday was pushed back into Fitz and caused a and throw on an open out route. Wood has been schooled at times too. I simply like Wood more because on run plays, you can see him driving defenders 5-10 yards downfield. When there is a pile up at the end of the run, he comes in and just hits guys for the hell of it. If we had 5 Woods on the OL we would never have to pass. I will take 4 Woods/Levitres and one Butler though.

I agree 100%

I love the way we took J. Meredith -- we got a player who can perform now and for the future with high upside, and did not cost us a good draft pick. Despite all of the negative criticism, that was another great FO move.

The future of this OL is looking very bright.

I love the way we took J. Meredith -- we got a player who can perform now and for the future with high upside, and did not cost us a good draft pick. Despite all of the negative criticism, that was another great FO move.

that was a very good move... almost sounds something Polian would pull off.

I agree.

I sincerely hope that he turns out to be an All-Pro.

For all of the boner moves by John Guy (he should still be fired), Meredith and DT Spencer Johnson are respectable additions.

I am sure its just me. I don't understand why everyone wants to put Eric Wood so high above Levitre. I think the two have been playing at the same level. Sometimes, Levitre has better games sometimes Wood has better games. Not to mention that LG is a harder position than RG. I think there are two reasons why people want to put Wood above Levitre.

1) The Hall of Fame Game

I remember after the hall of fame game, people was saying that Levitre should be headed to the bench in favor of Seth Mckiney

Ummm....RG is the toughest interior OL position, much tougher than LG, at least according to Ross Tucker who wrote the best article on breaking down the OL positions I have ever read.

Here is the article.

Ummm....RG is the toughest interior OL position, much tougher than LG, at least according to Ross Tucker who wrote the best article on breaking down the OL positions I have ever read.

Here is the article.

Thx for the link..great article.

Now I know why they put Wood at RG, I think he will eventaully be our center and probably would have been if we didn't pick up Hangy...but I was a bit confused when they put him at RG and Levitre at LG..now I know why.

No no, bad bad move, we should of signed Runyan, who care's that he is aging and often injured, or that maybe he could of been an upgrade this year, and that every other team passed up on him, and forget about the possibility that this probably would of been just a one year possible stop gap solution and that he would of cost 5 times as much as Meredith.

Well said. I can see some potential in this offense, give this line a full year of experience and get a real QB in Buffalo and a new HC and who knows...of course that may be asking for too much, but at least the line will be more experiences next year... :lol:

1) The Hall of Fame Game

They are both doing okay for rookies, about what we expected I think. The lack of any success running the ball though shows that they have a loooooong way to go yet. Its a big step going from "not a disaster" to "effective". Neither has taken that step yet. Some guys never do. Ryan Denney and Kelsay are good examples of that. They showed early on in their careers that they could hold down the fort on most occasions but never took that next step to being guys who regularly make big plays and very few mistakes. Its interesting to watch them develop, painful at times though.

Well said. I can see some potential in this offense, give this line a full year of experience and get a real QB in Buffalo and a new HC and who knows...of course that may be asking for too much, but at least the line will be more experiences next year... :lol:

I think that Levitre and Wood will be solid starters in the future but the other three spots are in the air. Hangartner has been terrible and the tackle positions are a disaster. Bell has some promise and we never did get to see Butler much at tackle. I think next year I'd like to see Wood at center with Butler and Levitre at guard. They will need to draft a tackle, at least one. Right now, at best, I think we have 2/5's of an offensive line. That's only if Wood and Levitre continue to improve. This offense is one of the absolute worst in the league and though you can't blame it all on Wood and Levitre, they are not free of blame either.

I think that Levitre and Wood will be solid starters in the future but the other three spots are in the air. Hangartner has been terrible and the tackle positions are a disaster. Bell has some promise and we never did get to see Butler much at tackle. I think next year I'd like to see Wood at center with Butler and Levitre at guard. They will need to draft a tackle, at least one. Right now, at best, I think we have 2/5's of an offensive line. That's only if Wood and Levitre continue to improve. This offense is one of the absolute worst in the league and though you can't blame it all on Wood and Levitre, they are not free of blame either.

I may go as far as 4/5, I like Bell and Meredith. Maybe I am too optimistic, but I think they have potential. They were thrown into a tough situation that they weren't ready for and I believe they will improve...

How do you deduce that Hangartner has been "terrible" and Bell has shown "promise"? I don't see it, more like Bell has been "terrible" and Hangartner has shown "promise". Relatively speaking, Hangartner has done a good job against the behemoths of the DT's we've faced.

I'm not saying that he has been terrific, but certainly an upgrade of what we've seen in the past 6 years. Bell on the other hand, well, I think people were hoping for another Peters type of story, and I just don't see it, I hope I'm wrong.

Did you not see the game against the Panthers????? This guy looked awful.....I thought he was an usher for a minute

Even though hangartner isn't a dominant center, he is A LOT better than the nonesense we have had at center in recent years.

Yeah I thought Hangartner had some good games ...I can't remember the last time I thought a Bills center had a good game....he's had some not so games as well but he is an upgrade over what we had