For those who traveled to the game...

BLZFAN4LIFE

If you got here Saturday, the weather cleared in the early afternoon. Sunday was cloudier and cooler than forecasters expected. I wish you guys could have been treated to Carolina blue skies. But how did you find your overall experience ( people, city, Sat. night, tailgating, stadium experience, etc.) ?

Got back late last night and feeling it at work today, should have taken a couple more days off...

Anyway, we hit the Town Tavern on Saturday at about 6pm and stayed all night. Great time! They played the shout song quite a bit and had the Sabres game on, which was a plus. The place went crazy when the Sabres tied it up and won it in the shoot out. Saw Chris Brown and the Bud Light dude, talked to them briefly. They have a 5 "shot" contest (they were much bigger than normal shots), where they mix up these concoctions and you have to down them within 5 minutes to get your name on the wall, of course everyone in our group had to do it!

So Sunday I wake up feeling like crap and we head for downtown Charlotte around noon. We hit a place called Picasso's Sports Cafe on 3rd and Church for some lunch and pre-game festivities. Hung out there for a while and then hit a friends tailgate in one of the lots close to the stadium. Pretty good time, but just not the same atmosphere as the Ralph. Even walking to the game was really quiet, if it weren't for the Bills fans hooting and hollering on the way in, it would have been completely quiet.

The stadium was pretty nice, it had a huge concourse which made it very easy to get around. We sat in the end zone and were surrounded by Bills fans. It was great to see that kind of turn out for the Bills fans. Only a couple Panther fans were causing issues, but for the most part they were really cool. the seats were pretty tight though, I am a pretty good size guy and I was snug, but my buddy who's a very big guy was another story. It was great to come out of there with the victory. I loved it at the end of the game when the Bills were going to take a knee to kill the clock, Lee Evens was raising his arms, encouraging all the Bills fans in our end zone to get up. So they definitely heard us!! After the game we hit a couple bars and ended up at the Town again. It was a very good trip, I will be there next time the Bills are in town for sure...

And Buffalo is more "spicer, zestier"???? Charlotte is kinda like the Buffalo of the south.

Buffalo is not close to being like Charlotte. This area is filled with a ton of transplants. Buffalo on the other hand is filled witth ?

Just got back last night. The downtown area of Charlotte was very pretty and coming from Dallas it was a real treat to see the fall colors. Great location for an away game because everything was within walking distance (parties, tailgate, hotel and stadium). I'm so glad we chose this location - weather cooperated and the turnout was overwhelming. The hotel was a good choice for us and we managed to almost fill it with all Bills Fans.

Our Bills pep rally at the Town Tavern was awesome - the manager took a guess at about 400-500 Bills fans coming in and out through the night. Unlike the party bar we used in Arizona, these guys listened to our projection and really stocked up on the Canadian beer. They also put a lot of outside signs up which caught all the fans wandering around who didn't know about the party plans ahead of time. They had great music and played the shout song about every 30 mins. That got the crowd jumping.

The Charlotte Bills Backers also put on a wing and beef on Weck buffet and get together out at their Bills bar in Matthews. Pinto Kenny, Scotty and I went with some others out there for a while and met with some of the local Backers. Very good wings and fish fry. I can recommend this if you're ever visiting Charlotte during football season.

There was another pre-game party at a place called Tavern on the Tracks - but I don't know who organized it (or attended)

The Sunday tailgate in Lot 309 was amazing. I'm so grateful for the internet to get the "word" out to so many visiting fans. We had some local fans who helped out so much by bringing some grills and tables (thanks Woody) and also some friends who had a two-man band to entertain us. Of course Pinto Kenny brought the infamous "Bowling Ball" and that nasty tasting Liquor and Scotty spend most of the day cooking up some amazing Sahlen's.

It was also Lori's birthday, so cake was our official dessert that day (and night).

I found the Panther fans to be very polite and frankly a little "vanilla". The only excitement I could hear walking down to (and into) the stadium was the thousands of Bills fans chanting Let's Go Buffalo. They sounded like European soccer fans!!!

I had taken a friend of mine (Cowgirls Fan) for the weekend because she had wanted to see first hand what it was like to go to a Bills game - I think she was quite surprised and impressed by our loyalty and excitement for our team.

Inside the stadium - we were up in the 500s but had a great view of the field (except for so many people always walking by). Once again - I found the fans to be quiet and respectful - but tended to be the kind of fans who come late and leave early.

We definitely made ourselves heard. I would project at least 10 thousands Bills Fans there. Awesome turnout. One thing I didn't notice? Any fights in the stadium or on the way out. Quite different from the Ralph. Are we turning into bad fans?

Our defense...B. Offense...D. Cudos to Marshawn and Lee for the TDs.

Wish I had some money left to get to one more "away" game this season.

:thumbsup:

Just got back last night. The downtown area of Charlotte was very pretty and coming from Dallas it was a real treat to see the fall colors. Great location for an away game because everything was within walking distance (parties, tailgate, hotel and stadium). I'm so glad we chose this location - weather cooperated and the turnout was overwhelming. The hotel was a good choice for us and we managed to almost fill it with all Bills Fans.

Our Bills pep rally at the Town Tavern was awesome - the manager took a guess at about 400-500 Bills fans coming in and out through the night. Unlike the party bar we used in Arizona, these guys listened to our projection and really stocked up on the Canadian beer. They also put a lot of outside signs up which caught all the fans wandering around who didn't know about the party plans ahead of time. They had great music and played the shout song about every 30 mins. That got the crowd jumping.

The Charlotte Bills Backers also put on a wing and beef on Weck buffet and get together out at their Bills bar in Matthews. Pinto Kenny, Scotty and I went with some others out there for a while and met with some of the local Backers. Very good wings and fish fry. I can recommend this if you're ever visiting Charlotte during football season.

There was another pre-game party at a place called Tavern on the Tracks - but I don't know who organized it (or attended)

The Sunday tailgate in Lot 309 was amazing. I'm so grateful for the internet to get the "word" out to so many visiting fans. We had some local fans who helped out so much by bringing some grills and tables (thanks Woody) and also some friends who had a two-man band to entertain us. Of course Pinto Kenny brought the infamous "Bowling Ball" and that nasty tasting Liquor and Scotty spend most of the day cooking up some amazing Sahlen's.

It was also Lori's birthday, so cake was our official dessert that day (and night).

I found the Panther fans to be very polite and frankly a little "vanilla". The only excitement I could hear walking down to (and into) the stadium was the thousands of Bills fans chanting Let's Go Buffalo. They sounded like European soccer fans!!!

I had taken a friend of mine (Cowgirls Fan) for the weekend because she had wanted to see first hand what it was like to go to a Bills game - I think she was quite surprised and impressed by our loyalty and excitement for our team.

Inside the stadium - we were up in the 500s but had a great view of the field (except for so many people always walking by). Once again - I found the fans to be quiet and respectful - but tended to be the kind of fans who come late and leave early.

We definitely made ourselves heard. I would project at least 10 thousands Bills Fans there. Awesome turnout. One thing I didn't notice? Any fights in the stadium or on the way out. Quite different from the Ralph. Are we turning into bad fans?

Our defense...B. Offense...D. Cudos to Marshawn and Lee for the TDs.

Wish I had some money left to get to one more "away" game this season.

:thumbsup:

you did a great job, like I said in the other thread. I wished I would have tried harder and ignored all the people around haha

I'll promise I'll make it to another one just to say "HI"

Got back late last night and feeling it at work today, should have taken a couple more days off...

Anyway, we hit the Town Tavern on Saturday at about 6pm and stayed all night. Great time! They played the shout song quite a bit and had the Sabres game on, which was a plus. The place went crazy when the Sabres tied it up and won it in the shoot out. Saw Chris Brown and the Bud Light dude, talked to them briefly. They have a 5 "shot" contest (they were much bigger than normal shots), where they mix up these concoctions and you have to down them within 5 minutes to get your name on the wall, of course everyone in our group had to do it!

So Sunday I wake up feeling like crap and we head for downtown Charlotte around noon. We hit a place called Picasso's Sports Cafe on 3rd and Church for some lunch and pre-game festivities. Hung out there for a while and then hit a friends tailgate in one of the lots close to the stadium. Pretty good time, but just not the same atmosphere as the Ralph. Even walking to the game was really quiet, if it weren't for the Bills fans hooting and hollering on the way in, it would have been completely quiet.

The stadium was pretty nice, it had a huge concourse which made it very easy to get around. We sat in the end zone and were surrounded by Bills fans. It was great to see that kind of turn out for the Bills fans. Only a couple Panther fans were causing issues, but for the most part they were really cool. the seats were pretty tight though, I am a pretty good size guy and I was snug, but my buddy who's a very big guy was another story. It was great to come out of there with the victory. I loved it at the end of the game when the Bills were going to take a knee to kill the clock, Lee Evens was raising his arms, encouraging all the Bills fans in our end zone to get up. So they definitely heard us!! After the game we hit a couple bars and ended up at the Town again. It was a very good trip, I will be there next time the Bills are in town for sure...

I was there too haha my wife got drunk LOL.......haha the buglight guy gave us free beer and I saw chris brown and he looked dumb as ever.

Too bad I didnt know who was exactly there.......I only know a cple by their faces

Went there for dinner and the Sabres on Saturday. Convenient to get to, took the light rail for $3 from downtown right to the place.

This place was a University of Michigan + Bills + Sabres themed bar, so a bunch of disappointed UM fans trickling out as we got there.

They had the Sabres game going on almost every TV, with I think three TVs outside as well... Nice setup outside too, and they certainly needed the room... We guessed about 200 Buffalo fans there at one point.

I was warned not to get the wings if I liked meaty, but their sauces were actually pretty good, I got the boneless. They had Blue / Blue Light aplenty and the waitress charged us a few less than we actually had. :lol:

Of course, the place went nuts at the end of the game... I don't get to experience something like that more than a few times a year, so i was loving it.

In summary, decent restaurant and bar, but they did a stellar job of accommodating.

So I guess we may not play @CAR again til 2017?

Went to Town Tavern Friday. Found out they didn't have the Center Ice package, so we did Tavern On the Tracks Saturday. $2 Miller Lites and Coors Lights all day. We were there about six hours watching college football and then the Sabres. Had well over 100 beers between nine of us. Probably about 200 people there watching the Sabres game. Great time. After that, Buckhead Saloon was a blast later Saturday night. They had the Gravediggers Ball downtown that night. Provided many nice sights at the Saloon. Sunday, we hung out at the Residence Inn we were staying at right next to the stadium and hung out with the Miller Lite girls and some girls we saw at Tavern On the Tracks the night before. Then, the game. I had a great time in Charlotte.

Uh!? Yeah, it is. Alot spicier. Charlotte is exactly what BDelma says it is. Charlotte is as lame as any city can be

Where the hell did you hang out? With your parents???

Had a great time. Got back about 2 hours ago - we stayed visiting family. Having my family there made for quite a different away game trip for me. Thankfully Saturday night was mine, and it was a ball. I hung with Kenny & Scotty and crew. Kenny was at the bar when I got to the Town Tavern around 4, and he was going back in there at 11 when I called it a night - the guy can drink a beer! Town Tavern was alot of fun, and the $2 Blues were going down VERY easily. I'm glad I slowed down when I did tho - made for a much more pleasant Sunday. Watched alot of college ball and drunk people there which is always fun. Met another group from my neck of the woods (Rochester area), and a cute blonde who as an alum was so focused on the Clemson game she wanted nothing to do with the guys hitting on her. My brother in law showed up but was so overwhelmed by the volume and craziness <_< that he had to go home.

The buffet at the 2nd place was decent, but WAY overpriced. It was also much quieter, but catching the end of the Sabres game was cool.

Game day was pretty sedate actually, partially because I had family responsibilities and my son came to the game with me and he's not a big tailgater yet. The stadium made me throw away all the snacks I had brought - no outside food :lol:. I tried to go to a different gate but a security guy actually followed me. I had pretty good seats - 10 rows up in upper deck on the aisle at the 25 yard line. Felt bad for their Jr. Cheerleaders, who were supposed to do a routine at halftime but technical difficulties left them on the field waving for a few minutes before they could start. By the time they were done the players were on the field. As others have said, it was at least 10-15000 Bills fans from the look of it. The ones around me were singing "Sweet Caroline" as Panther fans left about mid-way thru the 4th. Did not get hassled at all - just alot of "I can't believe we lost to THE BILLS!" going on...

I'm gonna send Delhomme and John Kasay a nice Thank You card. Thought the Bills D tackling was actually pretty bad - noticed McGee sliding off runners quite a bit.

I get the feeling that some people are assuming white bread and mayonaise is a racial reference. I take it as a reference to an overall blandness to life. No spice, no zest, nothing too out of the oridinary. That's what I meant about Charlotte.

PTR

I took it that way as well. I've spent a little time there - it is a very nice city. However, like many sunbelt cities that have grown in the last 30 years, it is not a very cultural place.

The tailgate at lot 309 was amazing and well attended. I went from tailgate to tailgate talking to folks, did a bowling ball shot at Pinto Kennys and had Salen hot dogs with Webers mustard (THANK YOU LORI). My family called it my own personal Christmas and it one of those days I'll remember for a long time. My family has season tickets (PSL's) and I don't go. It's not the experience you get at Orchard Park.

Here are some pictures for the curious.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1176...mp;l=c6f9581b5b