QB Controversy

FIVE

I clearly missed the mark, but I was just trying to get you going..........and was looking for a smart azz come back.

I don't care who our QB is, I just want to win, but I also don't want to put a guy in the Hall of Fame for sucking even when we get a win.

Here's the lock of the decade, Edwards, Fiztpatrick, and Hamdan are not going to the Hall of Fame

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant complete it? Come on man, dont start getting over the top on me. I can respect you disagree, but lets not be silly about it. And truthfully, neither of them "is the guy"

But Fitz made some big throws in the last game and a half. That bomb to Evans today was perfect. So lets now go so far as to imply he cant make them because he clearly has made some so far.

So lets just agree to disagree on who gives us the best chance to win and just agree they both suck and we need a QB next year...here is a beer for no hard feelings :w00t:

No hard feelings on this end brother, we are both on the same team.....nothing wrong with a little debate, it keeps us interested. Cheers! :lol:

Guest dog14787
OMG...you went back to one of my first posts ever here...when we were 4-0 under trent before he showcased his flaws to me over the entire season last year. So after a full season of watching him and seeing his flaws I came to the conclussion there were things that would prevent him from succeeding in the NFL...I changed my mind over his body of work as he severely regressed from that point on...I once held optimism for him, and like I always said, wear his jersey each week (until 2 weeks ago).

YOUR FLIP FLOP WAS IN THE VERY SAME THREAD 6 POSTS LATER! OMG, you are priceless...you cant possibly be this stupid...really, tell me its a joke so I can move on...I am literally laughing my azz off right now...that was a cute try though :w00t::lol::wacko:

Here we are again, Mr flip flop:

QUOTE (Alphadawg7 @ Nov 3 2008, 03:16 PM) *

When we win, we are going to go undefeated...when we lose, we have no shot to make the playoffs...stupid.

Now we have posts hating on Trent, arguing about Losman again, talking about jumping ship to the Titans, complaining we didnt sign Bryant Johnson (I mean really?), saying we have no heart, etc...

1. I said after the rams game that we would have a hard time making the playoffs if we didnt fix the O-line problems.

2. Trent is the real deal...he is as promising amongst the young quarterbacks as there is. He has just 16 games under his belt, yet he shows the poise of a veteran. The kid is still young and needs time to in the pocket to be truly effective, and when he gets it, he is deadly accurate. He still needs more experience reading the D to learn how to get the ball out quicker and needs to work on throwing the ball away instead of taking these unneccessary sacks.

3. This team has plenty of heart, what a joke that statement is. 4 of our 5 victories were games that took heart and no quit to win, now we get 2 losses and all of sudden we have no heart? Please...you sound like Raider fans...

4. Bryant Johnson...Haha...please, as if a guy who runs poor routes, cant get open, and plays like he is 7 inches shorter than he really is was the answer. I am not even going to dignify this with any more of a response (see the thread if you want my full take on this).

5. Jumping ship? Good, don't need fakers on this ship any way...we are a YOUNG team developing, and we will have our ups and downs. Truth is, we can still contend and can still win the division. Both the Jets game and Mia game were winnable games we gave away because of mistakes caused by the O-line. His pick and fumble were direct result of the O-line. We could easily be 7-1 right now, so go jump ship, who cares and good riddance...

Bottom line is we are a young promising team with tons of upside. We have a young WR and young TE that will get better and be more productive as the season goes on. However, if we dont fix the O-line issues, then we are going to struggle. Pressure on the QB and lack of running game is killing us...Still plenty to be excited about, so geezus, enough with the "sky is falling, we are doomed" stuff...I mean even the Redskins have 2 losses, and they are ranked in top 5 on every power rankings...we are still 2 games over .500 people and have a lot of winnable games still on our schedule.

Fitzy did little to generate a "controversy". However, he did do one thing that Trent absolutley needs to start doing: It was 3rd and long, first half. He gets rushed out of the pocket; looks and has the RB right in front of him for the checkdown. It's and easy pass to make. Of course, we'd be punting. Instead, Fitz stops, looks downfield and throws to a covered TO (a high throw). TO jumps and the ball goes right through his hands. We punt.

Same result as Trent, but completely different attitude toward the game. Trent should probably be the starter when healthy. But, he has to start throwing downfield more. Fitzy did more of that today than Trent has done all season. Yeah, the stat line wasn't good. But, the offense continued trying and never looked defeated. I think that's largely due to having a QB that doesn't give up on every play the moment the pocket collapses (which happens every play).

So, no, Fitzy doesn't look like the answer to anything. But, he's shown me enough to say Trent is checking down on his own; its not a coaching decision. Trent needs to wake up. Get out of his house. And go watch Fitz play. He could learn something.

right on

Here we are again, Mr flip flop:

QUOTE (Alphadawg7 @ Nov 3 2008, 03:16 PM) *

When we win, we are going to go undefeated...when we lose, we have no shot to make the playoffs...stupid.

Now we have posts hating on Trent, arguing about Losman again, talking about jumping ship to the Titans, complaining we didnt sign Bryant Johnson (I mean really?), saying we have no heart, etc...

1. I said after the rams game that we would have a hard time making the playoffs if we didnt fix the O-line problems.

2. Trent is the real deal...he is as promising amongst the young quarterbacks as there is. He has just 16 games under his belt, yet he shows the poise of a veteran. The kid is still young and needs time to in the pocket to be truly effective, and when he gets it, he is deadly accurate. He still needs more experience reading the D to learn how to get the ball out quicker and needs to work on throwing the ball away instead of taking these unneccessary sacks.

3. This team has plenty of heart, what a joke that statement is. 4 of our 5 victories were games that took heart and no quit to win, now we get 2 losses and all of sudden we have no heart? Please...you sound like Raider fans...

4. Bryant Johnson...Haha...please, as if a guy who runs poor routes, cant get open, and plays like he is 7 inches shorter than he really is was the answer. I am not even going to dignify this with any more of a response (see the thread if you want my full take on this).

5. Jumping ship? Good, don't need fakers on this ship any way...we are a YOUNG team developing, and we will have our ups and downs. Truth is, we can still contend and can still win the division. Both the Jets game and Mia game were winnable games we gave away because of mistakes caused by the O-line. His pick and fumble were direct result of the O-line. We could easily be 7-1 right now, so go jump ship, who cares and good riddance...

Bottom line is we are a young promising team with tons of upside. We have a young WR and young TE that will get better and be more productive as the season goes on. However, if we dont fix the O-line issues, then we are going to struggle. Pressure on the QB and lack of running game is killing us...Still plenty to be excited about, so geezus, enough with the "sky is falling, we are doomed" stuff...I mean even the Redskins have 2 losses, and they are ranked in top 5 on every power rankings...we are still 2 games over .500 people and have a lot of winnable games still on our schedule.

Hahahahahaha...again last year BEFORE he proved me wrong on the field...look at the date dumbass, you are quoting a post from 2008...

All you did was prove what I have always said, is that I use to like Trent and wanted him to be our guy. I bought into the hype as he was still young and unproven, and more imortantly he wasnt JP. I hoped he was the guy but TRENT PROVED ME WRONG on the field last season. As I watched MORE of him I realized I started to see his flaws and my mind changed...OVER HIS BODY OF WORK

YOU FLIP FLOPPED IN A SINGLE THREAD 6 POSTS LATER! Just go away already...your desperate attempts to dig up some dirt is so comical my side hurts...

I have read quite a few posts commenting on Fitz passes straying, but the game I saw had protections breaking down all around him. If he wasn't getting pounded he was throwing while back-peddling, running for his life, etc... When he did have time he looked good.

Our o-line has to be better before we seriously consider how good our QBs are.

That being said, I think that Fitzpatrik sees more of the field than Edwards does and he has hit some difficult out and intermediate routes. That pass he threaded to Evans in the end zone was the kind of quick decision making that Edwards has not been able to make for a long time.

Guest dog14787
Hahahahahaha...again last year BEFORE he proved me wrong on the field...look at the date dumbass, you are quoting a post from 2008...

All you did was prove what I have always said, is that I use to like Trent and wanted him to be our guy. I bought into the hype as he was still young and unproven, and more imortantly he wasnt JP. I hoped he was the guy but TRENT PROVED ME WRONG on the field last season. As I watched MORE of him I realized I started to see his flaws and my mind changed...OVER HIS BODY OF WORK

YOU FLIP FLOPPED IN A SINGLE THREAD 6 POSTS LATER! Just go away already...your desperate attempts to dig up some dirt is so comical my side hurts...

All I did is prove that you flip flop like you have been hounding me forever you idiot, who cares when it was, you changed your mind didn't you. I mean how dense are you.

What a dumbass :w00t:

atrocious? are you stupid?, fitz played pretty damned good for being a new starter and having a dip like TO who just drops balls. Trent is however, atrocious.

123 yards, pretty damned good :w00t: That will be on the cover of next years season ticket package.

All I did is prove that you flip flop like you have been hounding me forever you idiot, who cares when it was, you changed your mind didn't you. I mean how dense are you.

What a dumbass :w00t:

Let me get this straight, your dumbass point is that because I changed my mind after watching Trent for the rest of 2008 that its the same thing as you flip flopping in the same thread within 8 posts of each other?

:lol:

The depths of your stupidity astounds me...its literally fascinating to me, like a social experiment.

PS: I love the new wussy avatar you have of your little stuffed animal rabbit...it literally is the perfect avatar as you are about as lame as that bunny, and just like you rabbits go "flippity flop"...Real question though, do you cuddle up and sleep with that bunny in footy spiderman pajamas?

No hard feelings on this end brother, we are both on the same team.....nothing wrong with a little debate, it keeps us interested. Cheers! :w00t:

Ditto my friend...and like I said, its probably safe to say we both agree we need a QB this offseason...

I saw more passes to WR's than RB's today. I liked that they went downfield in the 2nd half. I would give Fitz another try to rest TE's noggin. And does it bother anyone else that TE is so freaking fragile?

But lets not kid ourselves, both are at best backups. We're stuck with them for now so I support them, but we need to think long term for QB

I saw more passes to WR's than RB's today. I liked that they went downfield in the 2nd half. I would give Fitz another try to rest TE's noggin. And does it bother anyone else that TE is so freaking fragile?

But lets not kid ourselves, both are at best backups. We're stuck with them for now so I support them, but we need to think long term for QB

I would have to agree with all of that.

Guest dog14787
Let me get this straight, your dumbass point is that because I changed my mind after watching Trent for the rest of 2008 that its the same thing as you flip flopping in the same thread within 8 posts of each other?

:w00t:

The depths of your stupidity astounds me...its literally fascinating to me, like a social experiment.

PS: I love the new wussy avatar you have of your little stuffed animal rabbit...it literally is the perfect avatar as you are about as lame as that bunny, and just like you rabbits go "flippity flop"...Real question though, do you cuddle up and sleep with that bunny in footy spiderman pajamas?

Our Mod has you pegged

Actually the Bills have won 2 games, not Fitzpatrick. And in both games he's done less than Trent Edwards has been doing.

And if not for Jairus Byrd, Fitzpatrick would have 1 TD in 8 qrtrs of play.

I've read your posts. You say stuff like "Trent is what is holding this offense back" and then pretend that's not what you meant. And then you spout nonsense about how our "offensive production is clearly" better with Fitzpatrick when clearly it is not. And now your rambling about how today was a perfect example of what you meant, when in reality Fitzpatrick stunk it up worse than Edwards has in any game this year. And of course now you're selling some horseshlt about how you were just being hypothetical.

If you're going to run around this board telling people how you know so much more than them and then proceed to make crap up and pretend you didn't say it, you are going to get called on it. Now come back with some "what are you talking about" mularkey and pretend you're the paragon of innocence. I won't be bothering to read it for the umpteenth time.

EDIT: Just saw yet another example of your continuing garbage. You claimed Trent was the lowest rated 1st half QB in the league and when somebody called you on it, you claimed you meant to say amongst the lowest.

You're completely full of crap on a regular basis and I want everybody here to know it.

I too agree with pretty much all of this

Our Mod has you pegged

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I love it! Fighting your battles with others posts...priceless. I think this is a first on TSW

Really, thats all you got now? You are trying to fight your battles with other peoples posts? You already posted "bump" in that thread, and its no secret Simon and I dont agree on several topics...big deal, he is entitled to his opinnion, I have no problem with that.

Man, you are a sad man...im starting to feel sorry for you now...

Ok, moment over, I no longer feel sorry for you, your continued pussification of this board is once again hilarious and the depths of stupidity once again fascinating...

Whats next? You gonna have your Mom call me and tell me about how "special" you are? ROTFLMAO :w00t:

Guest dog14787
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I love it! Fighting your battles with others posts...priceless. I think this is a first on TSW

Really, thats all you got now? You are trying to fight your battles with other peoples posts? You already posted "bump" in that thread, and its no secret Simon and I dont agree on several topics...big deal, he is entitled to his opinnion, I have no problem with that.

Man, you are a sad man...im starting to feel sorry for you now...

Ok, moment over, I no longer feel sorry for you, your continued pussification of this board is once again hilarious and the depths of stupidity once again fascinating...

Simon isn't just disagreeing with you, he thinks your full of BS because you are full of BS. :w00t: