QB Controversy

FIVE

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you expect folks to read that post and come up with the same conclusions as you are telling us now then you are stupider than even I give you credit for, good grief

man, are you still trying to invent a burn with this? you are too much...

this from the man who just said and offensive line doesnt need to be cohesive...

How quickly people forget, but how many 40 yard TD passes has Fitz completed in his almost 2 games? None, and he wasn't even close when he tried to go deep. TE threw 2 against the Bucs earlier this year. People keep saying Fitz makes the throws TE can't? Well gee, I have seen TE make throws that Fitz has yet to come close to completing. Last year TE was 5-1 at one point....anyone remember that???

Now, I am not saying TE is the answer, but Fitz is nowhere near the answer either. He has played one full game with Jauron as his head coach. Give it a few more weeks until DJ makes him even worse than he already is. BUFFALO NEEDS A QB IN A BAD WAY (and a new HC), and TE or Fitz are not it. Fitz's best pass today was a 2 yard slant to Evans for the TD. The main reason the Bills won the past two games is because the QBs on the other teams just happened to play worse than the Bills QB.

How quickly people forget, but how many 40 yard TD passes has Fitz completed in his almost 2 games? None, and he wasn't even close when he tried to go deep. TE threw 2 against the Bucs earlier this year. People keep saying Fitz makes the throws TE can't? Well gee, I have seen TE make throws that Fitz has yet to come close to completing. Last year TE was 5-1 at one point....anyone remember that???

Now, I am not saying TE is the answer, but Fitz is nowhere near the answer either. He has played one full game with Jauron as his head coach. Give it a few more weeks until DJ makes him even worse than he already is. BUFFALO NEEDS A QB IN A BAD WAY (and a new HC), and TE or Fitz are not it. Fitz's best pass today was a 2 yard slant to Evans for the TD. The main reason the Bills won the past two games is because the QBs on the other teams just happened to play worse than the Bills QB.

Fitz nailed Evans on a long strike in both games....one was overturned but not because of the throw because of what Lee did with hands after he made the catch (and that was a bad call).

So in 1.5 games Fitz has made just as many long strikes as Trent did 5.5 games.

Oh, and Trent was off on just about every long pass he has thrown excpet in that game against TB where he should have had 3 as TO dropped a big one. So how is Trent better?

So, like you said Fitz is not the answer, but I just dont see how putting Trent in is better when he wont even throw the ball. You fail 100% of the time when you dont try and Trent is the poster child for not trying to throw to our open WR's

Fitzy did little to generate a "controversy". However, he did do one thing that Trent absolutley needs to start doing: It was 3rd and long, first half. He gets rushed out of the pocket; looks and has the RB right in front of him for the checkdown. It's and easy pass to make. Of course, we'd be punting. Instead, Fitz stops, looks downfield and throws to a covered TO (a high throw). TO jumps and the ball goes right through his hands. We punt.

Same result as Trent, but completely different attitude toward the game. Trent should probably be the starter when healthy. But, he has to start throwing downfield more. Fitzy did more of that today than Trent has done all season. Yeah, the stat line wasn't good. But, the offense continued trying and never looked defeated. I think that's largely due to having a QB that doesn't give up on every play the moment the pocket collapses (which happens every play).

So, no, Fitzy doesn't look like the answer to anything. But, he's shown me enough to say Trent is checking down on his own; its not a coaching decision. Trent needs to wake up. Get out of his house. And go watch Fitz play. He could learn something.

Yep. In that situation an interception is as good as a punt. I've seen Trent throw it out of bounds in that same situation.

Fitz nailed Evans on a long strike in both games....one was overturned but not because of the throw because of what Lee did with hands after he made the catch (and that was a bad call).

So in 1.5 games Fitz has made just as many long strikes as Trent did 5.5 games.

Oh, and Trent was off on just about every long pass he has thrown excpet in that game against TB where he should have had 3 as TO dropped a big one. So how is Trent better?

So, like you said Fitz is not the answer, but I just dont see how putting Trent in is better when he wont even throw the ball. You fail 100% of the time when you dont try and Trent is the poster child for not trying to throw to our open WR's

One was incomplete (despite your homerism) and the other was poorly under thrown. Continue the crusade though.

Lets try this: Since most agree, netiher is very good and we are debating the lesser of two evils here, lets answer these questions:

What is Trent better at than Fitz?

What is Fitz better at than Trent?

Maybe we will find our debate solved in the answers to those questions...

Lets try this: Since most agree, netiher is very good and we are debating the lesser of two evils here, lets answer these questions:

I think they both suck. I just want you to rate them both with the same scale, you seem to have a different set of rules when it comes to Edwards.

Fitz is better at trying to win. Hitting our WRs. Throwing to guys who are not wide open, winning games and being a leader.

Trent is better at Checkdowns, losing, sucking and sounding like a wuss whenever he is spoken to.

EDIT: I forgot to add that Trent is better at throwing 2 yard passes on 3rd and long.

One was incomplete (despite your homerism) and the other was poorly under thrown. Continue the crusade though.

I didnt think it was incomplete as I felt there was not enough evidence to over turn it...but thats neither here nor there...the point is, Fitz made the throw and did it again today.

LMAO at "crusade"...such a played out word used by the very people on a "crusade" to prop up Trent...still makes me laugh as the people using that word are the very same people invovled in the very same threads just "crusading" as you would put it for the other side of the argument (which is propping up Trent).

I and what looks like to be the majority of the board think both QB's suck but Fitz gives us a better chance to win right now...